Which High School Band do you like and why?

rockytoptn1

If you're talking to me, then wow, you got the wrong impression! Band is really important to me. In fact, marching season really aggravates me because it kind of does get in the way of band. It worsens my playing and takes away time that I could have to practice. I just think that the whole point of marching season, of the halftime show and the uniforms and all that, is to support the team. I don't think that marching band competitions and all that would've started and/or have been so popular if we didn't have to come and support/entertain at games.

I mean, really, if you didn't have to play and march at football games, do you really think you'd be doing marching shows? I know our band wouldn't! A lot of money, time, and effort goes into marching season, and it's basically all about football.

I just don't think it's right for a band to build up a show and then skip the game due to a marching competition because without the game of football, there really wouldn't even be really competitive marching competitions. Marching season IS basically all about the football.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for marching bands compared to hip-hop bands, there's nothing like a good, clean formation on the field. Hip-Hop bands are like MTV- they're not about music, they're about image.

The music is by far more difficult and much more tasteful. Hip-Hop needs to stay on the radio where it belongs and let marching music take the field.

If you're talking to me, then wow, you got the wrong impression! Band is really important to me. In fact, marching season really aggravates me because it kind of does get in the way of band. It worsens my playing and takes away time that I could have to practice. I just think that the whole point of marching season, of the halftime show and the uniforms and all that, is to support the team. I don't think that marching band competitions and all that would've started and/or have been so popular if we didn't have to come and support/entertain at games.

I mean, really, if you didn't have to play and march at football games, do you really think you'd be doing marching shows? I know our band wouldn't! A lot of money, time, and effort goes into marching season, and it's basically all about football.

I just don't think it's right for a band to build up a show and then skip the game due to a marching competition because without the game of football, there really wouldn't even be really competitive marching competitions. Marching season IS basically all about the football.

Three letters for ya DCI! If it wasnt for marching I wouldnt have been in band and I was a pretty good trumpet player.

quick reminder, band is definatly not a sport. good try though. and notice that the subject for this forum is high school FOOTBALL something thousands of people in each town care about. unlike band

[/quote

Since when is band not a sport?? Try carrying a 40 pound set of drums for hours while marching. To me that takes a lot more skill than standing around watching the same 11 ball hogs practice everyday. People need to try band out before they run their mouth about how it is not a sport!! And for your information I could care less about watching the games, I go to watch the bands and thats it. But anyway Walker Valley, Cleveland and Father Ryan all have very respectable bands!!

OMG!!! Where is all my Tyner peoples at?!?!?! Theres nothin bad about tyner. Nobody notices that we have come up since the years. We arent really a specific type of band, we are more of a hybrid mix of a couple different types. We have like the most talent in Chattanooga. We just have quite a few behavior probs. But we are there to play for everyone, even ourselves. We were supposed to go to a competition but we didnt get our uniforms in time, so we didnt go. But who ever it was that said Tyner aint ready.... Excuse me did you see the howard vs tyner game... we demolished there drumline in the first quarter. I had friends go to there side and they heard their band saying that we need to stop playing because we were making them look bad... Brainard isnt all that, they steal everything they play and do from TSU. :lol: How original... Anyways I think there should be more people for us... But I thought Walker Valley was pretty sweet, their thriller got everyone going. But we had all of them surrounding the drumline during 3rd quarter screaming for us :lol: . They absolutely loved us. Soddy Daisy, I saw them in a competition once, they are like the closest thing to DCI that you could get from a high school band. Awesome.The only thing that makes Ooltewah so great is there budget.... They are basically loaded. But yeah thats my 2 cents... Im out.

-Corey-

Snare Captain 04-05

DrumCaptain-Quads 05-06

Which High School band do you like and Why?

there is two for me:

one is trousdale, my reasons? my lil bro and sis are in it and i think they are doing great to only be a band of middle schoolers.... there is only like 5 high schoolers on there and they are all about to graduate

last is mcgavick, my reasons? they know how to have funn and ive seen them before and they are awesome

~*~GO JACKETS~*~

C/O 2007