Which High School Band do you like and why?

rockytoptn1

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's 3 bands I like watching. Those 3 bands are Austin East, Chattanooga Brainerd, and Chattanooga Howard. I mean these 3 bands struct their stuffs and really get the crowd into it. They're more of a Hip Hop style band which relates to the high schoolers. I want to see Chattanooga Tyner's band because I heard they were better then Brainerd and Howard's band.

I played football for two years and did marching band for two. I'm not really into the hip hop band thing. While it is fun, the competition bands work twice as hard as the hip hop ones, simply because they're trying to perfect a show musically and visually. You can watch a hip hop band throughout 10 weeks and it will sound about the same as it did in the first week. With competition bands, there's a dramatic change from week 0 to week 10.

That being said, the bands I enjoy watching are: McGavock, Siegel, Brentwood, Centennial, Columbia Central, John Overton, and Father Ryan.

You can watch a hip hop band throughout 10 weeks and it will sound about the same as it did in the first week.  With competition bands, there's a dramatic change from week 0 to week 10.

825746618[/snapback]

I disagree with you. I think there's a dramatic change in Hip Hop Bands too. I mean, they go to competitions just like the other bands do. However, it's harder to be in a Hip Hop band because not only are you playing you're dancing. Trust me, there's more excitement in a Hip Hop band..

There's more people in their seats instead of up at the restrooms or concessions stands..

The same could be said about UT's band. I just hate the music that they play. They play the same stand music every year. They need to take some lessons from other college bands. TSU or Jackson state to name 2 :unsure:

Are you joking? Dancing and playing? Try playing a lot harder music while sprinting across the field in formation? I've done it my friend, and its much, much tougher. As for excitement, its all subjective. People have different tastes in music. Hip hop bands play loud all the time; Competition bands know a thing called dynamics.

BTW, the competitions you speak of are dramatically different than the ones I do. I've been to both kinds.

YOU might think that that kind of band is fun. That's fine with me. Your opinion is valid. However, the difference between the bands you speak of and the ones I speak of are what friday nights mean for them. For hip hop bands, that's their time to perform. For the bands I speak of, it's getting ready for a competition they want to win the next day.

Are you joking?  Dancing and playing?  Try playing a lot harder music while sprinting across the field in formation?  I've done it my friend, and its much, much tougher.  As for excitement, its all subjective.  People have different tastes in music.  Hip hop bands play loud all the time; Competition bands know a thing called dynamics.

BTW, the competitions you speak of are dramatically different than the ones I do.  I've been to both kinds.

YOU might think that that kind of band is fun.  That's fine with me.  Your opinion is valid.  However, the difference between the bands you speak of and the ones I speak of are what friday nights mean for them.  For hip hop bands, that's their time to perform.  For the bands I speak of, it's getting ready for a competition they want to win the next day.

825746631[/snapback]

Harpeth's band is one of the best in the state they have the best drumline which is the funnest thing to watch. There drumline finished fourth in the world they competed in Ohio somewhere that is the best band to watch and listen to the "Band of Blue".!