Which High School Band do you like and why?

rockytoptn1

In case you can't tell by my name, i'm the drum major at Union City High School. I appreciate the positive things that were said about our band on this thread, and it's good to know that we have competed for the last couple of years with bands that you all consider to be "the best of the best." I strongly urge you to catch our show this year if you can...it's entitled "Symphonic Led Zeppelin" and in my opinion it's the coolest we've done in my four years of high school. And as far as show band versus band shows...well...let's just say it doesn't take a musician or an athlete of any caliber to play grotesquely loud and out of tune while dancing to elementary drum rhythms. Good luck to all our competitors this year.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Karns High School band is with out question one of the best in East Tennessee. This band competes and regularly places at the top in the competitions. They also travel nationwide to compete. In 2004-05 they preformed at Disney and in New York. DB is the best, but Karns hangs in there. Since the football team has won a few, no one is leaving after half time.

I'm not gonna compare hip hop and traditional bands. Cause its two totally different things ,they don't even go to the same competition.But My favorite Hip Hop band is Brainard and favorite traditional band I guess would be either DB or Mabye Cleveland when they have a good show. Being a music Major I think probally the worst band as far as Marching techniqes and sound goes is Walker Valley I HATE THERE BAND THE DON"T PLAY THEY DON:T MARCH .There a druline with back up.And who ever said it harder to be in a hip hop band needs to spend one day in a core style high school drumline. and let me dance on there grave when they die from exhaustion

In case you can't tell by my name, i'm the drum major at Union City High School. I appreciate the positive things that were said about our band on this thread, and it's good to know that we have competed for the last couple of years with bands that you all consider to be "the best of the best." I strongly urge you to catch our show this year if you can...it's entitled "Symphonic Led Zeppelin" and in my opinion it's the coolest we've done in my four years of high school.  And as far as show band versus band shows...well...let's just say it doesn't take a musician or an athlete of any caliber to play grotesquely loud and out of tune while dancing to elementary drum rhythms.  Good luck to all our competitors this year.

825748803[/snapback]

Thank god a realy band member that understand .I was drum Major at Central

McGavock Band , simply the best , everyone's master.  :lol:  :thumb:

825749270[/snapback]

McGavock has become a name band....no matter how good or how average their show is they will always be placed as number one every year at COC...and i completely disagree with that...we need some judges who won't fear for their jobs if they score someone higher than McGavock

The bands getting the votes from the football fans seem to be the ones that "play to the audience" or inspire their team. It appears that football fans like the bands that entertain the crowd. As a musician, I was always taught to prepare for your audience and play to your audience. High school bands that want to be supported at football games should pay attention to this adivse.