Lewis Co. V. Richland

LCHSgrinch

Lewis County comes off a huge victory at Panther stadium this past Friday against archrival Loretto. The Raiders are coming off a very heartbreaking loss to Riverside and it seems that this Friday's game will be a great one. No one from Lewis Co. is getting satified, after two slight tastes of victory.WE ARE STILL HUNGRY. Our defense stood tall whenever they were needed in the end and we look to play a good hard fought ball game this friday. Im not going to make a prediction because it only causes mouthing. Good luck to both teams and hopefully no contreversy will occur this week.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can i get the run down of the lewis county loretto game? stats, big plays, etc..

825747095[/snapback]

Lewis County had over 480 yards rushing, with a 54 yard run for a touchdown called back because of an inadvertent whistle by one of the officials. One back had over 200 yards rushing, while 2 more backs rushed for over 100 yards each.

Wow they sound explosive, but thanks for the info

825748171[/snapback]

Chris Hatton had 26 carries for 209 yards. Nick King 11 carries for 145 yards. Ryan Greve 10 carries for 121 yards. Hatton is a junior, King and Greve are sophomores. Another sophomore, Dakota Crews had a 30 yard touchdown run on the first series of the game. Greve had a 55 yard touchdown run called back on the infamous "inadvertant" whistle. He had a 45 yard punt return called back on another suspect call.

Sophomores Crews, Greve, King and Chuck Dodson and freshman Kane Crowell were the leading tacklers.

As I said last year, this year's team will be exciting, the next three years could be really special.

Sophomores are playing everywhere...

Freshmen Crowell, Jake Tennison, Willie Frazier and Mason Sharp are playing extensively. Another freshman Eric Wright would have played a lot but broke his leg in a freshman game at the beginning of the season.

Gonna be a load in the future.

Well the game is getting closer and Richland has had two good days of practice and should be ready to shut down hatton and that trap play.Richland may just come out in gun and dare lewis to shut it down.Richland controlled the whole game last year and lost in on a playground hailmarry pass,this year Richland will control the game again and hang on for the win.Richland 28-21 wins this one!! RICHWHAT RICHLAND!!!!!

It was a Clay Colley show tonight! Richland runs all over Lewis County in the first half, but threw 3 interceptions! 2 to Clay, who ran them both back for TD's one of 55 yards, and one of 45 and 1 to R.E. McDonald. Left it 14-6 at halftime Lewis County on top, although they were outgaines 212-31 in offensive yardage! The second half was basically a shootout, Richland came out and scored to tie it up 14-14, and then Alex Edwards and Nick King hooked up for a 50 yard TD pass to make it 21-14 Lewis Co. Lewis County got the ball back and Ryan Greve ran a 64 yard TD run to make it 28-14. Richland came back with an 84 yard TD pass to make it 28-21.Richland got the ball back after a short offensive series for Lewis Co. drove down the field to about the 35 yard line, and CLAY COLLEY intercepts it for the 3rd time, and for the third time RUNS IT BACK FOR A 65 YARD INTERCEPTION RETURN FOR A TD to make it 35-21. Richland ran a few plays and scored another TD but it ended with a final score of 35-27. WHAT A GAME! Clay Colley 3 INT's and 3 TD's from them With a broken wrist!

Edited by dudumonaghan

Richland has got to really be let down after this game. The Raiders had 500 yards of offense. Of course they had the ball almost all night because the Panthers were returning interceptions for touchdowns and then kicking it right back... what a weird, weird game! I would guess until getting our book that Richland must have had the ball 80-85% of the time.

As already described, senior Clay Colley returned three picks for touchdowns! Quite an unbelievable occurance!