McMinn Co. -VS- Farragut

TribeFan

The Tribe is coming off of a better performance againist Cleveland but still stands without a win thus far into the season. This week they enter back into region play with a must win againist a team that previous McMinn teams have not had much luck with. From what I understand Farragut is a good defensive football team and always posses a threat from their spread type offense that in years past they like to align in. If Farragut watches the Ooltewah film I am sure they are eager to put the ball in the air againist a young secondary that gave up several passing yards. I look for this young secondary @ McMinn to step up and make some big plays this week because I believe the coaching staff will have them prepared for the Farragut passing attack. I think a win is in the cards this week for the Tribe and the best performance of the year. Good luck 27ALLGO, and remember I am still one of your best fans. GO TRIBE!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tribe, do you have any details of the cleveland game? I haven't heard much about it and didn't get a chance to talk to any of the guys down your way?

The Tribe is coming off of a better performance againist Cleveland but still stands without a win thus far into the season. This week they enter back into region play with a must win againist a team that previous McMinn teams have not had much luck with. From what I understand Farragut is a good defensive football team and always posses a threat from their spread type offense that in years past they like to align in. If Farragut watches the Ooltewah film I am sure they are eager to put the ball in the air againist a young secondary that gave up several passing yards. I look for this young secondary @ McMinn to step up and make some big plays this week because I believe the coaching staff will have them prepared for the Farragut passing attack. I think a win is in the cards this week for the Tribe and the best performance of the year. Good luck 27ALLGO, and remember I am still one of your best fans. GO TRIBE!

825747293[/snapback]

I was not @ the game but I listned to it from the second quarter to the end and it appeared that Cleveland got out to a quick start and then McMinn got within 6 in the 3rd. McMinn had it 4th and 2 @ midfield and did not make it and then Cleveland took advantage of the short field and scored quickly and really took the wind out of the sails of McMinn. I think the game was closer then what the score indicated and McMinn appeared to be improved from the Ooltewah game. This team is close to turning the corner but they have some extremely tough games in front of them. Hopefully things will go there way this week and the Tribe will get an important region win. GO TRIBE!

Thanks, I was just curious as to how the defense looked. I hope they do a good job this year on that side of the ball.

I was not @ the game but I listned to it from the second quarter to the end and it appeared that Cleveland got out to a quick start and then McMinn got within 6 in the 3rd. McMinn had it 4th and 2 @ midfield and did not make it and then Cleveland took advantage of the short field and scored quickly and really took the wind out of the sails of McMinn. I think the game was closer then what the score indicated and McMinn appeared to be improved from the Ooltewah game. This team is close to turning the corner but they have some extremely tough games in front of them. Hopefully things will go there way this week and the Tribe will get an important region win. GO TRIBE!

825747371[/snapback]

The defense has had a tough go of it especially the past 2 weeks, they are averaging giving up 39 points per game. They have several young players playing on that side of the ball and I believe the defense will only get better as these players gain more experience. As you know Brent is the D-coordinator and I assume this is somewhat of a learning experience for him also. I don't have a concern about his ability to coach and I have alot of confidence that he will only get better. He is a great young man and the kind of coach that I would want my son to play for. GO TRIBE!

It doesn't help either when arguably your best defensive player gets kicked out of game on second series. On Cleveland's first series they had a 3rd down get stopped, but player is called for excessive celebration which gave them a first down. Next time Cleveland has the ball the same player gets another 15 yard penalty for kicking player in head. Players need to be more disciplined. That was tough for defense to overcome as McMinn is really hurting in depth at LB.

It doesn't help either when arguably your best defensive player gets kicked out of game on second series. On Cleveland's first series they had a 3rd down get stopped, but player is called for excessive celebration which gave them a first down. Next time Cleveland has the ball the same player gets another 15 yard penalty for kicking player in head. Players need to be more disciplined. That was tough for defense to overcome as McMinn is really hurting in depth at LB.

825747694[/snapback]

Who got tossed? Does he have to sit for this game?

Nigell Holland starting sam linebacker...I think the issue is being appealed to the TSSAA because one of the penalties was for excessive celebration, I mean come on let the kids play and get excited when they do something good: emotion is a big part of this game and when a ref. decides to take that out of a game then we might not be having many more games.