Copper Basin and South Pittsburg

manly

Copper Basin is a sleeping giant.  They will move the ball at will on the pirates.  The pirates just can't put a whole game together.  The pirates are weak in mind and spirit.

Go yellow jackets.

TCHS Football

825747815[/snapback]

You've got to be weak in mind and spirit yourself to think Basin will move the ball against us. Keep whipping up on those "weak" teams from Middle TN. We look forward to playing against you in the Quarterfinals of the State Playoffs. I realize Trousdale has a great team but we will come to play and it will be a very tough game. Just like all those great games in the 90's between our schools. In my opinion, our matchup will be the "State Championship Game"!! The winner will go on and win it all. See ya in November!!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about the whole game but I know on the long TD run #24 threw the block that got him free.  However, there was a hold on the play and the run came back. 

I will say this though, that dang Valley team is better than I imagined they would be.  I knew they were improved but man, if they had a few bigger linemen they would have no problem getting into the playoffs.  They may get in anyway.

825747754[/snapback]

It didn't hurt that danged valley team when they got a SP coach this year. helps a lot when you know every play. Especially form the coach that turned out these freshman and sophomores.

Copper Basin is a sleeping giant.  They will move the ball at will on the pirates.  The pirates just can't put a whole game together.  The pirates are weak in mind and spirit.

Go yellow jackets.

TCHS Football

825747815[/snapback]

Yeah, they will be put to sleep during the game. As for giants, the bigger they come the harder they fall.

The pirates ought to win in this one but they wont b/c of 2 reasons. 1 is b/c they wont have any blocking from all of the players that will have to block. and the other is the D will think they have it all under control and go out there and get an upset. And why does every one think that #24 is a heck of a player. I really dont see it. He runs hard but he's slow. And his cousin I think is the Antonio kid is a good player when the balls in the air but if he isnt getting the ball he can be lazy to. I also never see him on hardly any tackles on defense. What a wuss. And the QB needs to be a lineman.

The pirates ought to win in this one but they wont b/c of 2 reasons. 1 is b/c they wont have any blocking from all of the players that will have to block. and the other is the D will think they have it all under control and go out there and get an upset. And why does every one think that #24 is a heck of a player. I really dont see it. He runs hard but he's slow. And his cousin I think is the Antonio kid is a good player when the balls in the air but if he isnt getting the ball he can be lazy to. I also never see him on hardly any tackles on defense. What a wuss. And the QB needs to be a lineman.

825749021[/snapback]

Awww. Someone needs a nap. It sounds like him is mad that them big, bad Pirates beat his team and broke his wittle heart. :lol:

Edited by Beene_Coliseum

Go yellow jackets.

TCHS Football

825747815[/snapback]

Copper Basin is always well coached and usually has plenty of size. The trouble they have with SP is speed and athletes. They just don't seem to match up very well in those areas.

Being from TCHS, how would you know if SP has put together a complete game or not? The Sequatchie County game (pretty good team) was pretty complete, especially considering the injuries SP had.

SP plays a lot of young kids (freshmen and soph.) so there are ups and downs with that. As the season goes on they will get better and more consistent with playing time. Also, when Matthews (starting tailback) gets healthy look for them to take off.