Jackson Christian School @ Fayette Academy

jj420

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FA is pretty fast, especially their QB Feathers. You know what you're going to get with them...well-coached, aggressive, Maryland-I with some option offensively. Pulliam is a quality RB as well. Feathers is much better running the ball than passing - he's pretty short for a QB.

That said, unless JCS has a major letdown, I don't see the Eagles having too much trouble with this one.

So this is what most students and Fayette Academy fans look forward to each year..the FA/JCS game... in which this year its pretty much the region championship..i dont think many ppl can argue that. With that being said i believe this year's matchup between the Vikings and the Eagles will be quite an interesting one. Fayette Academy comes in at 3-1 as does JCS, in this matchup of tough region opponents. FA has alot of speed in Feathers and Pulliam but thats not all they have. Wide recievers Joe Wentworth and Jake Dowdy will contribute alot more than people think this friday night, Wentworth caught for at least 100 yards in last weeks 32-20 win over West Carroll and is an incredible athlete. Although if FA is to come away with this win they will have to play amazing mistake free football..which is capable but at the same time some may say unlikely..turnovers have been a problem for the Vikings in my opinion this season. FA cannot give the ball up twice a game and expect to come away a victor. While i know all about the great skill players JCS has i have questions about their offensive line, being that they are all new faces, how will these inexperienced players react to FA's defensive line(i am implying that FA's d-line is big and tough) and if they have no trouble with the defense up front how will they handle Damon Pulliam(over 90 tackles last year) and Jarrod Smith (6'2 226); the Viking's linebacking core. I am hoping we will see another great FA/JCS game, much like those of 2003's season, but to do so i believe the Vikings MUST bring their A game and force JCS to make mistakes early. I hope this game has alot of hype surrounding it, but more than that i hope it lives up to the hype. Good Luck to both teams!!

I think that JCS is the best team in West Tennessee and possibly the state. Obviously Fayette is solid again as well with convincing wins over Bruceton and West Carroll who could both make the playoffs. This game really depends on the FA defense because I cannot see them puttin to many points on the board. Feathers and Pulliam with probably both get theres but unlike AC$ I don't expect to hear from the passing game at all. JCS has probably the best secondary in single A football (ask USJ). If the FA defense can keep the Vikings close then Feathers is dangerous enough to make a play.

acmoney i hope like you do that this will be a great game, but i seriously doubt this game will be as good as the JCS/FA games in 2003, not because either team is that much better than the other but because those 2 games in 2003 were two of the best high school games i have ever seen. Now to this weeks game should be a great game. Both teams are off to very good start so far. Hope this game is a good one. Good luck to both teams.

So this is what most students and Fayette Academy fans look forward to each year..the FA/JCS game... in which this year its pretty much the region championship..i dont think many ppl can argue that.  With that being said i believe this year's matchup between the Vikings and the Eagles will be quite an interesting one.  Fayette Academy comes in at 3-1 as does JCS, in this matchup of tough region opponents.  FA has alot of speed in Feathers and Pulliam but thats not all they have.  Wide recievers Joe Wentworth and Jake Dowdy will contribute alot more than people think this friday night, Wentworth caught for at least 100 yards in last weeks 32-20 win over West Carroll and is an incredible athlete.  Although if FA is to come away with this win they will have to play amazing mistake free football..which is capable but at the same time some may say unlikely..turnovers have been a problem for the Vikings in my opinion this season.  FA cannot give the ball up twice a game and expect to come away a victor.  While i know all about the great skill players JCS has i have questions about their offensive line, being that they are all new faces, how will these inexperienced players react to FA's defensive line(i am implying that FA's d-line is big and tough)  and if they have no trouble with the defense up front how will they handle Damon Pulliam(over 90 tackles last year) and Jarrod Smith (6'2 226); the Viking's linebacking core.  I am hoping we will see another great FA/JCS game, much like those of 2003's season, but to do so i believe the Vikings MUST bring their A game and force JCS to make mistakes early.  I hope this game has alot of hype surrounding it, but more than that i hope it lives up to the hype.  Good Luck to both teams!!

825748428[/snapback]

Hey acmoney, good luck to your Vikings from your old Viking friends from across the river.