WOODSHED BEATING IN CARTHAGE

Eagledriver

What does the TC game mean to the Owls in their region? Nothing but a good test for the Owls unfortunately they got it put to em plain and simple. I don't think it's time to panic just yet. Those 2 loses for the Owls way be a wake up call for the team as well as the coaches. As for talent I've been around a few years and SC is not blessed with the best players. They are average at best. Last years team beat LA and Portland twice. Both of those teams were by far more talented than SC. And with that same team could have possibly beat Fulton with a few breaks. And Fulton was one of the most talented teams I've seen in a long time. I guess Eagledriver and o cousin eddie didn't see any of those games?? I'll tell you this Smith Co is very very lucky to have a coach like Maynord. I would give anything if he was at LA his home town coaching. I know that most SC fans don't feel like eagle and eddie but it takes a complete %$#@ to question the coaching staff at SC. Apparently you know nothing about football or are you jealous of Maynord or SC football.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Win the big game as in the 80's...is that what you said? What was our record in the 80's in the playoffs? Rankin is as good as any coach in the state now. I think he would even tell you he wasn't back then. Maynord has been to the quarters twice...and the semis once. There's no comparison in the success. Both are very good coaches. If you don't like what we have now...think back to the Mayfied era. I wouldn't complain.

825750983[/snapback]

Did you really have to bring up the Mayfield era Twan? :thumb: I had almost forgotten his name until now! :thumb: SC has done just fine over the years as has many rural public schools. It's difficult to win the State Championship year after year but when a team wins consistently overall it is sucessful.

:lol:

Did you really have to bring up the Mayfield era Twan?  :lol:  I had almost forgotten his name until now!  :thumb: SC has done just fine over the years as has many rural public schools. It's difficult to win the State Championship year after year but when a team wins consistently overall it is sucessful.

;)

825751000[/snapback]

That was a painful time...that's for sure. How quickly some people forget. :thumb:

What does the TC game mean to the Owls in their region? Nothing but a good test for the Owls unfortunately they got it put to em plain and simple. I don't think it's time to panic just yet. Those 2 loses for the Owls way be a wake up call for the team as well as the coaches. As for talent I've been around a few years and SC is not blessed with the best players. They are average at best. Last years team beat LA and Portland twice. Both of those teams were by far more talented than SC. And with that same team could have possibly beat Fulton with a few breaks. And Fulton was one of the most talented teams I've seen in a long time. I guess Eagledriver and o cousin eddie didn't see any of those games?? I'll tell you this Smith Co is very very lucky to have a coach like Maynord. I would give anything if he was at LA his home town coaching. I know that most SC fans don't feel like eagle and eddie but it takes a complete %$#@ to question the coaching staff at SC. Apparently you know nothing about football or are you jealous of Maynord or SC football.

825750996[/snapback]

ROCKING CHAIR, I am not going to bring myself down to your level of incompetence. By posting that I am some 4 letter word I think shows who the real idiot is here.

825750996[/snapback]

First of all as I said I am not bashing the coach.I did see the Fulton game and if any of you would actually read my post instead of just glancig at it then you would see that.I did say were it not for a few plays the outcome with Fulton may have been different.Also if SCHS would have went to the state last year they probably would have won.They do have talent.As far as beating teams you have already played and beaten in the regular season you know as well as I that Portland nor LA were loaded with talent or great records last year.I wish my old alma mater the best of luck.I will say the record against against TC speaks for itself.As far as calling me a four letter word,I think some of that was addressed on another post.In the end you must be off your rocker rocking chair.Or maybe you need your Geritol.Maybe you all just need a hug.Sorry the Truth offends you.

Eagle and cousin eddy I wasn't calling you a bad name. Sorry if you thought I was.I am a fan of the Owls but it's not that great. However I am a fan of coach Maynord. It's really hard for me that you can question Maynord and his staff. Sure Trousdale owns them but they own a lot of people too. I think the Owls beat TC to get to the play-offs or beat them in rd. 2 in 02. So this last game really don't mean that much. Sure Jimmy wanted to win do you think he didn't. LA ran it down TC's throat but came up short so we all know that TC is a real tough team regardless of their size. Once again I'm sorry if you think I called you a name but that's not half as bad as getting on here and bashing your coach. Either your jealous or someone in your family couldn't cut the mustard on the football team. Otherwise you know very little about football. I really don't know why I even responded to your Ignorant post I just couldn't resist. Anybody that follows SC football knows that coach Maynord and his staff are doing a very capable job. Maynord's not GOD but it would be pretty hard for another coach to come in here and repeat what the Owls have done the last few yrs. I agree with antwan why don't you get your degree and become the coach aand see how easy it is to coach. I believe you will find out that it takes a lot of time and effort to get the job done. Good luck Owls and coach Maynord . Jimmy if you ever get a chance please come home and coach the Wildcats.

ROCKING CHAIR, I am not going to bring myself down to your level of incompetence. By posting that I am some 4 letter word I think shows who the real idiot is here.

825751326[/snapback]

You would have to walk up a mile to stoop down to me Eagledriver. Your the idiot for showing how ignorant you are about coach Maynord or mayonaise I believe it was. What good are you doing causing friction in Owl land, I believe they would run you out of Carthage before they would coach Maynord. Keep up the post and show how stupid you really are.