Hall of Fame(HOF) games

jimbo44

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think they should count because it allows coaches the opportunity to play different rotations, check out players to see who are game players and who are practice players, make decisions on player personnel, as well as making other coaching decisions without the pressure of having to win. Just my opinion. I have seen games go both ways where it is obvious each team wants to win at all costs versus teams that still want to win but are looking down the road to get the wins at the end of the season versus the beginning.

I don't think they should count because it allows coaches the opportunity to play different rotations, check out players to see who are game players and who are practice players, make decisions on player personnel, as well as making other coaching decisions without the pressure of having to win. Just my opinion. I have seen games go both ways where it is obvious each team wants to win at all costs versus teams that still want to win but are looking down the road to get the wins at the end of the season versus the beginning.

Player personnel decisions are made from observations made during the summer at team camps or during play days and scrimmages.

H o F games can give validity to those decisions. Count them.