Oakland hosts Lincoln Couny

FairInMyFavor

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I was a 2 way starter more years ago than I CARE to think about. Captain too, if you can ever belive that. I used to do the pre-game speeches so it is a hard habit to break. My team won the state my senior year. My son was on the OHS state Champ team of 98. Pretty good genes to pass on to a grandson aren't they?

maybe the players should have listened to 2p

2p i played against your son.

First of all, Congratulations to Lincoln County. They are absolutely a good football team and their HC is a total class act. I wish them well the remainder of their season. #5 is a great runner and hard to pull down.

The high-light of MY NIGHT was watching MY boys come out on the field. Instead of running thru a sign, they came walking out HOLDING HANDS. Let me tell you THAT said it all to me. Win or lose, I love these kids. They have been thru HADES this week and they showed EVERYONE...yes EVERYONE, what they are made of and that they are UNITED> I could not be prouder of each and every one of these kids. They fought hard all night....didn't hang their heads, and just came up short when the final horn sounded.

The definite STAR on the night was PJ POLK. That kid is a PLAYER. He was everywhere and did everything. Talk about a man on a mission.........that was PJ. ....tackles, returns, blocks, running the ball. He did it all and my hat is off to him. ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL effort tonight.

Anothor stunning performance was by Kaelin Griffith. He made several stops behind the line of scrimmage and man oh man....he was laying on some licks. Let me tell you if this kid doesn't get some post-season honors, then things are RIGGED. I am proud of you, Kaelin. You just keep getting it done.

Austin Bragdon......a crucial fumble recovery that set up the 2nd score was your proudest moment tonight. I always enjoy watching Austin play. It is so obvious that he LOVES every second on the field and he always gives it his all. He also made many tackles....solo and assists. Way to goooo!

Other names to note... Jerome Burris ,Tyler Burnett , Zac Wolaver, Andrew Mc Gowan, Lavagas Jordan, Clarence Jordan, Sam Youree, Adam Elrod, Big Murphy, DANG...the WHOLE team!!!!!!!

Hang in there boys.......it is all coming together. while I wanted the W........I still say the best thing for me was seeing you guys UNITED. I am so proud of all of you. Way to go coaches as well. It was a ruff week and can only get better. The effort was definitely there. A few passes caught would have made all the difference in this one.

Prayers for Cord Cowan who broke his ankle early in the game, and Lil Mac who had a knee injury. Also pray for Ryan Stell, former Patriot, who is in the path of the hurricane in TX.

Edited by 2priceless

i think i told u b-4 that pj polk is for real. totally svelte.

the kid is a playa through and through.

i heard he took some hard hits on returns & still kept comin hard.

this is a kid who wont get wrapped up in all that drama off the field.

this is a kid who 's head is in the game every snap.

i am proud of u pj and all u patriots.

it was a hard week but u r better 4 it.

bet pico's mom hated seeing that entrance. LOL :thumb:

Where are all the Falcon fans????

Falcon fans are probably breathing a sigh of relief...and already dreading their trip to Cookeville this coming Friday night. They are very lucky to be 3-2. Were they plagued by fumbles last night?

There is certainly no bragging coming out of Fayetteville this year. They've learned that crow is not very tasty.

Falcon fans are probably breathing a sigh of relief...and already dreading their trip to Cookeville this coming Friday night. They are very lucky to be 3-2. Were they plagued by fumbles last night?

There is certainly no bragging coming out of Fayetteville this year. They've learned that crow is not very tasty.

Did you eat a hot dog???

We had more turnovers than LC did. 2 ints and 2 fumbles I think. Yall had 2?

The game was kind of weird, or maybe it was just me (I've been called weird more times than I can remember). Weird in a not-as-exciting-as-it-should-of-been kind of way. I was impressed by the Patriot quarterback and the time he had when throwing the ball. Our quarterback (Ellis) also played well, along with others on both sides of the ball.

The refs seemed to be a bit on the flag-happy side, and I wish I could have seen the incomplete pass (that looked like a Falcon interception) from a few other angles. Also, following a play resulting in a first down, they would start the clock before the chains were in place...is that normal?

I also had a hot dog for the first time...it lived up to its reputation.

My most enjoyable part of the evening was right after the first Oakland touchdown...the Falcons marched the ball down the field and scored and then the defense held the Patriots to 3 and out. That was some classic Lincoln County football...the kind that we'll have to display for four quarters next week against Cookeville.

First of all, Congratulations to Lincoln County. They are absolutely a good football team and their HC is a total class act. I wish them well the remainder of their season. #5 is a great runner and hard to pull down.

The high-light of MY NIGHT was watching MY boys come out on the field. Instead of running thru a sign, they came walking out HOLDING HANDS. Let me tell you THAT said it all to me. Win or lose, I love these kids. They have been thru HADES this week and they showed EVERYONE...yes EVERYONE, what they are made of and that they are UNITED> I could not be prouder of each and every one of these kids. They fought hard all night....didn't hang their heads, and just came up short when the final horn sounded.

The definite STAR on the night was PJ POLK. That kid is a PLAYER. He was everywhere and did everything. Talk about a man on a mission.........that was PJ. ....tackles, returns, blocks, running the ball. He did it all and my hat is off to him. ABSOLUTELY PHENOMENAL effort tonight.

Anothor stunning performance was by Kaelin Griffith. He made several stops behind the line of scrimmage and man oh man....he was laying on some licks. Let me tell you if this kid doesn't get some post-season honors, then things are RIGGED. I am proud of you, Kaelin. You just keep getting it done.

Austin Bragdon......a crucial fumble recovery that set up the 2nd score was your proudest moment tonight. I always enjoy watching Austin play. It is so obvious that he LOVES every second on the field and he always gives it his all. He also made many tackles....solo and assists. Way to goooo!

Other names to note... Jerome Burris ,Tyler Burnett , Zac Wolaver, Andrew Mc Gowan, Lavagas Jordan, Clarence Jordan, Sam Youree, Adam Elrod, Big Murphy, DANG...the WHOLE team!!!!!!!

Hang in there boys.......it is all coming together. while I wanted the W........I still say the best thing for me was seeing you guys UNITED. I am so proud of all of you. Way to go coaches as well. It was a ruff week and can only get better. The effort was definitely there. A few passes caught would have made all the difference in this one.

Prayers for Cord Cowan who broke his ankle early in the game, and Lil Mac who had a knee injury. Also pray for Ryan Stell, former Patriot, who is in the path of the hurricane in TX.

i can agree about p.pj. polk....he is da real deal.I went out on a drag...and no sooner than i caught it i was dragged down.The next thing i hear is "P.J. Polk on the tackle"......went out on another drag route....and i'll be dang if he didnt almost intercept it!!!!!I was impressed with Oaklands performance.....they showed up just as we did....but played better than we thought they would....(my bad ,i wont ever underestimate a team...especially yall)