Livingston Academy vs. York

BLUE BLOODED 07

I don't think the state highway dept. would like one of their employees spending the taxpayers valuable money writing on coacht about why their brother isn't getting to play.

For your information I dont work for the state hwy dept. and im not just talking about one individual player . This is not a jab toward any one individual. THere have been a few games when this team got way ahead and barely any second string players ever got put in. This is my opinion, im am not trying to step on anyones toes just stating how i feel. Sorry if i hurt anyones feelings .

GO WILDCATS ! :lol:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For your information I dont work for the state hwy dept. and im not just talking about one individual player . This is not a jab toward any one individual. THere have been a few games when this team got way ahead and barely any second string players ever got put in. This is my opinion, im am not trying to step on anyones toes just stating how i feel. Sorry if i hurt anyones feelings .

GO WILDCATS ! :thumb:

transpartation dept. sorry!

Hey Couch Potato Coach, maybe you might have some suggestions on what to run "O' Football Genius."These guys have went 7-3,7-3,11-2,and 2-2 over the last 4 years and only lost to playoff teams. The option is like novacaine: give it time, its gonna work!! Maybe you need to apply in person for that offensive coordinator job, I'm sure the LA Team would like to meet you after criticizing them on here.

Guess I don't like losing to playoff teams!! And I didn't criticize the team. They played their hearts out at Knox Catholic and stood toe to toe with one of the best 3A teams in the state. This is the fastest bunch of RB's I've ever seen at LA and I just think we need to utilize this a little. Mike Jones had over 1600 yards rushing in 2002 and I bet most of it wasn't running up the middle!! When he gets outside, big guys can't catch him and he runs over the little guys! Just an observation, don't want the job. But thanks anyway. By the way, if you are so smart, you would know that we were 8-3 in 2003!!!

Guess I don't like losing to playoff teams!! And I didn't criticize the team. They played their hearts out at Knox Catholic and stood toe to toe with one of the best 3A teams in the state. This is the fastest bunch of RB's I've ever seen at LA and I just think we need to utilize this a little. Mike Jones had over 1600 yards rushing in 2002 and I bet most of it wasn't running up the middle!! When he gets outside, big guys can't catch him and he runs over the little guys! Just an observation, don't want the job. But thanks anyway. By the way, if you are so smart, you would know that we were 8-3 in 2003!!!

Yeah,Mike Jones went off for Monterey in 2002.I realize that was 1A competition, but he was a FRESHMAN! Over 1600 yards,like you said.He sure looked like a lock for a future all stater at that point.I realize that some things have happened in his life since then but it sure seems like there's still some untapped talent there.On the other hand,maybe it WAS just the 1A competition. It's up to HIM(mostly) & the coaching staff to see if they can get the best out of him the rest of the season.

LA has another very good team.

They win in a blowout this week! :thumb:

DCA[/url'>T FAN' post='825759462' date='Sep 22 2005 - 10:51 AM']

WOW what a question, Livingston Academy SHould for sure win friday night. Maybe thay will get ahead and start substituting in some of what I call "THE PRACTICE TEAM". THat would be nice. SOme of these players have worked very hard for all four years of High School and still dont get to play. Seniors in my opinion should get more respect than this. Especially when you are playing boys alot more who havent even played up until now that couldnt handle the work. I guess hard work means nothing at LA. My respect for LA football coaching has hit rock bottom. Grant you some of the coaches I have alot of respect for as individuals and coaches. But some I have nothing good to say about. These boys, "THE PRACTICE TEAM" are basically just used and abused in my opinion. Oh well, if they get ahead by 50 points maybe something will happen. Good Luck Boys, have fun and play hard. :thumb:

I dont know who you are but if your kid aint playing...there are two reasons.....1) he stinks 2) there are people better than him. It aint about what grade you are in. If you can play you will play. If there is a freshman better than a senior then in my opinion the freshman should start. the senior can either work harder to start or just become what you call THE PRACTICE SQUAD. even thse boys have a crucial job on the team with out those boys the starters would not get any better and the practice squad helps just as much as the starters do. The starters just get more reconigtion. i started two years at livingston and i worked my BUTT OFF to get every minute of playing time i had. and i guarantee if there was a younger classman better than me or one of my teammates i would expect him to start over me or that teammate. otherwise how you goin to win games with your best talent on the sidelines.??? answer me that one. Just because your kid has been on the team for 3 or 4 years doesnt mean he should start automatically. everything you have there should be earned.

as a mother i know exactly how it feels to see a child stand on the side line all night and never step foot on the field my son had his share of that in peewee and middle school but when high school rolled around he has worked his tail off to earn his position rather he be a freshman, sophomore, junior or senior. it doesnt' matter what matter is that he earned his position fair and square and has worked very hard to get it, so these kids that u call THE PRACTICE TEAM isnt' a practice team at all they each and everyone is a part of the team but they have not shown what is needed in order for them to receive the starting position and as i've heard for the last 8yrs its about winning and they will do what it takes to win. as for the kids they know when they join the TEAM that they could be times that they wont' get to play so that is for the child to decide whether or not if they wont' to be a part of the TEAM and this is what my son did stayed part of the TEAM through peewee and middle as the parent with the frustation i would rather had my days and nights doing something else since he didn't step on the field at times but this is what he wanted and thats what counted and it paid off for him. As for the game i do think LA will win and every child will get to play and in the mean time remember that the kids that dont' get to play in the varsity games get to play in the jv games so everyone is apart of the team. GOOD LUCK LA!!!!

I agree with you completely, momwildcat! I would like to know, however, what insane peewee coach is letting players stand on the sidelines and only play the starters? I've coached at that level for a while and every league I've seen has very strict participation rules, except for maybe Pop Warner. I would love to find out what he's thinking, because that's not what it's about at that level, and I can certainly understand your frustration. But, when they get to the high school level, yes it is all about hard work and determination. Put out in practice and you get on the field on Fridays!

As for the game, I'll go with the LA Wildcats in a runaway.

I dont know who you are but if your kid aint playing...there are two reasons.....1) he stinks 2) there are people better than him. It aint about what grade you are in. If you can play you will play. If there is a freshman better than a senior then in my opinion the freshman should start. the senior can either work harder to start or just become what you call THE PRACTICE SQUAD. even thse boys have a crucial job on the team with out those boys the starters would not get any better and the practice squad helps just as much as the starters do. The starters just get more reconigtion. i started two years at livingston and i worked my BUTT OFF to get every minute of playing time i had. and i guarantee if there was a younger classman better than me or one of my teammates i would expect him to start over me or that teammate. otherwise how you goin to win games with your best talent on the sidelines.??? answer me that one. Just because your kid has been on the team for 3 or 4 years doesnt mean he should start automatically. everything you have there should be earned.

The guy has no idea about what high school ball is all about! That is obvious. Just let him go, because you're not going to change his mind. He's probably one of the ones who was on the "Practice Squad" for 4 years and didn't get to play, because he wasn't willing to pay the price!

DCA[/url'>T FAN' post='825759462' date='Sep 22 2005 - 11:51 AM']

WOW what a question, Livingston Academy SHould for sure win friday night. Maybe thay will get ahead and start substituting in some of what I call "THE PRACTICE TEAM". THat would be nice. SOme of these players have worked very hard for all four years of High School and still dont get to play. Seniors in my opinion should get more respect than this. Especially when you are playing boys alot more who havent even played up until now that couldnt handle the work. I guess hard work means nothing at LA. My respect for LA football coaching has hit rock bottom. Grant you some of the coaches I have alot of respect for as individuals and coaches. But some I have nothing good to say about. These boys, "THE PRACTICE TEAM" are basically just used and abused in my opinion. Oh well, if they get ahead by 50 points maybe something will happen. Good Luck Boys, have fun and play hard. :thumb:

If you think that someone should start just because they are an upperclassman, you have no idea about high school football. The best players play and that's it. If you still don't agree with that, ask the asst. coach at LA that they call "Ol' Buckethead" how it works. I played with him from Jr. high all the way up. I saw him walk in and start as a 7th grader on the 7 & 8 grade team that had plenty of 8th graders to fill the spots. He started simply because he was the best player for the positions. (O & D Tackle) He got to high school and did the same thing, only this time at QB as a jr. He can set you strat on how it works. Somebody tell Boo (Ol' Buckethead)to go on a diet please! Geez! :D I saw some pics of him on the Cookeville website from the workday with them, and his wife can evidently cook very well! :D

If you think that someone should start just because they are an upperclassman, you have no idea about high school football. The best players play and that's it. If you still don't agree with that, ask the asst. coach at LA that they call "Ol' Buckethead" how it works. I played with him from Jr. high all the way up. I saw him walk in and start as a 7th grader on the 7 & 8 grade team that had plenty of 8th graders to fill the spots. He started simply because he was the best player for the positions. (O & D Tackle) He got to high school and did the same thing, only this time at QB as a jr. He can set you strat on how it works. Somebody tell Boo (Ol' Buckethead)to go on a diet please! Geez! :thumb: I saw some pics of him on the Cookeville website from the workday with them, and his wife can evidently cook very well! :thumb:

Well some of you are very confused about what i am saying. It is not about STARTING at all. I dont think some of these kids should start at all. IF the talent is not there then they should not start, but when a senior has spent four years standing on the sideline and LA is winning by 2 or 3 touchdowns, they should be considered as players at that point. I would just like to see some of them get a little more playing time when the time is right and LA Starters have paved the way for a WIN. If these kids who are seniors and LA is already paved the way for a win, why not let some of these guys play a little. At least let them know what it feels like to play on a Friday Night. This is there last chance to ever play. I never said anything about anyone starting. I think the right kids are starting, no need to change a thing. Just playing in the game is a nice gesture. I honestly think that some of you have completely taken out of context what was said. It had nothing to do with STARTING at all. :)

Edited by TS WILDCAT FAN

If you think that someone should start just because they are an upperclassman, you have no idea about high school football. The best players play and that's it. If you still don't agree with that, ask the asst. coach at LA that they call "Ol' Buckethead" how it works. I played with him from Jr. high all the way up. I saw him walk in and start as a 7th grader on the 7 & 8 grade team that had plenty of 8th graders to fill the spots. He started simply because he was the best player for the positions. (O & D Tackle) He got to high school and did the same thing, only this time at QB as a jr. He can set you strat on how it works. Somebody tell Boo (Ol' Buckethead)to go on a diet please! Geez! :thumb: I saw some pics of him on the Cookeville website from the workday with them, and his wife can evidently cook very well! :)

I don't agree with the part about Ol Buckethead earning his way to a starting position. Everyone knows his Dad paved the coaches driveways for free so Boo could start. Ask Sam Brooks if you don't believe me. :):thumb:

I don't agree with the part about Ol Buckethead earning his way to a starting position. Everyone knows his Dad paved the coaches driveways for free so Boo could start. Ask Sam Brooks if you don't believe me. :):thumb:

Your just made cause Boo Boo was better than you. Or just because your daddy couldnt pave a driveway, so you had to sit the sideline. Im sure you got used to it after awhile.

:thumb:

Hey Boo, its your favorite Center and DE. holla at me sometime. i would love some of that wifes cooking your getting. :)

The guy has no idea about what high school ball is all about! That is obvious. Just let him go, because you're not going to change his mind. He's probably one of the ones who was on the "Practice Squad" for 4 years and didn't get to play, because he wasn't willing to pay the price!

Sorry for any incovience....i forgot to log out of computer last night and someone posted this crap. Sorry!!!!

:)