Best Lineman In East Tn?

52fan52

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my mind Justin Hillard is the Best Lineman in East Tenn. He plays both DE and DT, along with some MLB and he is a powerful FB.

Several DI-AA school are looking at him. But Vandy is where he wants to and Vandy is looking at him too.

There was a great article in the Chattanooga Times-Free Press Yeasterday about him.

matt Gardenhire is the best lineman i have ever seen. He is 5'4 170 pounds and runs a 7.0 flat 40. He is probably heading to either tennessee or USC. He has about a gabillion pancakes and is just pure dominance. My grandma could run behind the holes he makes.

Are u sure those physical specs. are accurate? I mean, smaller players can be capable of greatness, but isn't that a bit undersized for a lineman?

Good question, and I agree that a few of these listed, that I know of, are very good linemen.

However, it’s necessary to do some fact finding. One of the best measures for good off. Linemen is to look at your leading Rushers because that usually means leading linemen (they’re moving people out of the way). Looking at Mtn Lake stats Sullivan Central, Sullivan East, and Sullivan North has the best individual leading rushers for offensive yards in the Mtn Lakes Conf., and the leading rusher is Brian Clarke (Sullivan Central). Ironically, and confusingly as well, Sullivan Central has one of the worst records. Even so, rushing yards is still the best measure of good linemen. And each opponent the Sullivan Central school has faced, at the end of the game (win or loss), Central had more rushing yardage during the game.

Sullivan East and Sullivan North have some big Senior Linemen who are definitely helping out Nidifer and Frazier. But Sullivan Central’s “rushing” game has really gotten some attention despite their record.

When we watched them play they’ve had consistence and noticeable line surge particularly on their right side. They really move bodies and open holes. That’s where they seem to run the ball the most too, on their right side. They’ll send their top runner (Clark) behind a lead blocker over the right side of the ball and lined up as the off. Line on the right: #63 Lovelace (OT), #68 Bowman (OG), #76 Crowder ©. Lovelace moved bodies nearly every play as did #68 Bowman and #76 Crowder and they are two-way starters. It seemed when the Sull Central coaches were in a pinch they ran between guard and center to pick up the needed yardage. I’ve heard a lot of talk about these players and it seems Crowder’s name comes up a lot because he spearheads the surge as their center. Based on these facts I’d have to Vote then that #76 Crowder © is the best or at least one of the best. They’ve got him listed as 6’2” 255 pounds Junior.

Sorry don’t know much about players outside the mtn lakes conf.

It's funny how noone mentions anyone from Johnson County.

Like I said. Ryan Humphrey on DL - that kid is a machine. Sullivan North?

Ryan had 18 tackles against them.

He has blocked 3 punts and 2 extra points, one of those was for the win.

OL?

I'm up there, I'd like to think.

6'0 300pounds, bench 315 and squat 620.

Crowder is an absolute beast.He benches 375 and squats 500 I do believe,he also powercleans 250+.The craziest thing is he turned 16 in late September,he could be a sophomore.His dad played Football at Kansas,Crowder is probably more like 6'2 240lb and he runs a 5.4 forty and is so fast and low off the ball its scary,many say he is the best of the whole group.Josh Bowman is a 5'10 235lb MLB/G who benches about 340 and squats 600 and also runs a 5.4.Ryan Lovelace is about 6'1 250 and also benches about the same as Bowman and squats as much as Crowder he runs about a 5.7 but stays on his blocks the best of all of them.Many coaches have said Central has the best O-Line in the Conference.

On the left side there is John Gibson,a 5'10 315lb tackle who's very strong but has problems when hes against faster opponents,Chris St.Louis,a 6'1 220lb guard/tackle who they say is their smartest and fastest linemen(timed at 5.0 for the forty) and use him to get to linebackers and pull and such.And Zack Brewer,a 6'1 210 pound guard who is very strong for his size and is the second fastest(5.2).I know I just named 6 people but Brewer and St.Louis have split starts this year,and St.Louis usually subs in at LT for Gibson. Scary thing is all of these guys besides Gibson are returning next year,they all are always in the weight room and they are coached very well.

If #72 is the guy you're talking about dino,then you're right,he is a really good player,someone needs to say something about those squeels after his tackles though lol.But I guess since hes making that many plays he can make as many squeels as he wants.

I know Central's record isn't too strong,but this is considered their strong point,and Clarke is the leading rusher for the MLC.I see where you said they run behind the right the most,and that is true,except in the past games they have gotten it back to about 50/50 since defenses were overloading the right side,and the last 3 or 4 games the total has been about 75 runs to the right and 71 to the left,so its become pretty balanced.

I apologize for basicly writing a book on this topic,but almost everyone on Central's line is good enough to be told about.