Siegel Tops Brentwood

StarsPres

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Siegel dropped Brentwood 3-1 at today's match at Brentwood. Earlier, Siegel swept DCA 3-0.

WOW! Congrats to Siegel for doing what few TN teams can claim in the last several years. Did Parrot somehow return early? Was Brentwood playing flat? Game scores? Fill us in!!!

ComPassion- I love that pic AND the caption. I'm probably the most humored out of anyone that sees it.

WOW! Congrats to Siegel for doing what few TN teams can claim in the last several years. Did Parrot somehow return early? Was Brentwood playing flat? Game scores? Fill us in!!!

ComPassion- I love that pic AND the caption. I'm probably the most humored out of anyone that sees it.

Siegel scores were 25-19, 13-25, 25-20, 25-23!!!

Unfortunately, Parrot was still not available! Some very good volleyball.

Siegel swept DCA 25-17, 25-19, 25-22

YEAH!!!!!! Siegel. I knew you could do it!

What a class match with two class teams, coaches, parents and schools? Less anyone get too excited, the only match that means anything this time of the year is the one in the Boro in October. This is only a barometer the week after Brentwood High spanked Siegel in their invitational. Siegel was ready to play probably because of that fact. It was evident that both teams respected each other and it looked as if both teams played all on the bench. If you look at the schedules of both teams, there have been a lot of matches played so far and there are a lot up until the district tournaments. It, I am sure has been grueling. Both teams made mistakes they wished they hadn't. As I walked out of the gym, a parent came up and asked if I was a Siegel fan. I said I was and in a classy way she said that Siegel played very good and she wanted to tell some one. I thought, what class.

You can only go into the gym and look at the almost life size pictures of their teams of the past who have won the State, and these pictures take up one end of the gym, to recognize what has been done. Yep, I believe Siegel may wind up playing Brentwood again this year and the most unfortunate thing is there should have been a gym full to see the match that had a number of young ladies that will very likely play in college the next few years. Good luck the rest of the season.

...and every tm playing in the Tennessee Tandem this weekend just said "...Crap. Now they'll kill us for sure."

While the Stars were taking care of business in Brentwood, Carrie Parrott was at the Orthopedic Doctor's Office in Nashville. He concluded that she has one of the finest sprains he had ever seen! She will begin physical therapy on Monday and return to the Dr in two weeks. This is all too familiar for Carrie, as this is the 10th or 11th ankle injury she has had in the last 5 years. ( all but 2 in basketball) This is the most serious injury she has ever had, however.

She hates having to sit on the sidelines, but has every confidence that the Stars can contend for the State Title swith or without her. Thanks to all who have expressed concern.

Congrats to the Stars in an obviously well-played match. This year, things are wide-open in AAA and anyone can beat anyone else on a given day. As more and more girls start to experience club ball, and more and more great athletes find out what a fun sport volleyball is, you will see even more parody in the state. Great Coaches like Barbara Campbell and Kathy Palk-Slaughter are the reason volleyball is on the rise in the state of Tennessee. Once know was a basketball state, maybe soon we'll be know as a basketball AND volleyball state.