Yankees back where they belong

Guest thedragon

well i was right...but i was wrong. the White Sox did rest their starters but they still managed to beat the Indians. the Indians hurt their chances tonight, the Sox only started 2 of their everyday players and the Indians still couldnt manage to capitalize on a golden opportunity. the winner of tomorrows Yankees/Redsox game clinches atleast a 1 game playoff...but if the Indians keep this up it wont matter.

still think the Red Sox pitching staff will kill them? like i said, this time of year i rather have the experienced vet(David Wells) over the guy who wasnt even in the big leagues at the beginning of the season(Wang). tomorrow night is gonna be awesome...the Yankees have their top gunslinger, Randy Johnson, goin up against Bostons most dependable arm, Tim Wakefield. the Yankees have never been able to figure out Wakefield and i dont expect that to change tomorrow night either!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what changes George Steinbrenner is going to make this offseason. He was quoted saying "It's over for some people", but I am anxious to find out who. Is Torre done? Cashman is a for sure goner. And what about free agents Hideki Matsui, as well as Tom Gordon, Tino Martinez, Ruben Sierra, Al Leiter and Tanyon Sturtze? It will be an exciting postseason for the Yanks. Maybe if they increased their payroll to $300 million, they can make it. Why not just buy the entire AL all star team from last year?

I hate the Yankees, and nothing is sweeter than to see all of this. :thumb:

I wonder what changes George Steinbrenner is going to make this offseason. He was quoted saying "It's over for some people", but I am anxious to find out who. Is Torre done? Cashman is a for sure goner. And what about free agents Hideki Matsui, as well as Tom Gordon, Tino Martinez, Ruben Sierra, Al Leiter and Tanyon Sturtze? It will be an exciting postseason for the Yanks. Maybe if they increased their payroll to $300 million, they can make it. Why not just buy the entire AL all star team from last year?

I hate the Yankees, and nothing is sweeter than to see all of this. :thumb:

Hands down, RANDY JOHNSON!!! He blew it. Lost his stuff and his record in the post season is 0 forever..... :)

Guest thedragon

other than the Resox winning the WS again...theres nothing i rather see than the $200 million Yankees getting put out in the first round of the playoffs by a team with half their payroll.

Yea i agree with you if you have a $200 Million payroll you ought to win it every year, but them ol Red Sox choked didnt they.

Defending WS Champion 0-3 in the playoffs