Yankees back where they belong

Guest thedragon

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If division leaders wind up tied and both are in playoffs anyway (loser would be Wild Card), head to head decide division champ and both advance to playoffs.

If this case of 3 way tie where 1 is not guaranteed of playoff spot, first have to have playoff for divison champ--say Yankees/Red Sox for division title. Loser then has to have a playoff fr Wild Card.

So if Yankees Red Sox and say Cleveland wind up tied, it would be Yankees Red Sox on Monday for Division title, loser vs Cleveland on Tuesday for Wild Card.

If all 4 wind up with same recored, both play Monday for division title and losers play Tuesday for the Wild Card.

But if Yankees/Red Sox are tied and both have better records than Cleveland, winner of season head to head is division champ and other is wild card/no playoff.

If they are tied and both have worse records than Cleveland, then playoff for division champ.

If division leaders wind up tied and both are in playoffs anyway (loser would be Wild Card), head to head decide division champ and both advance to playoffs.

If this case of 3 way tie where 1 is not guaranteed of playoff spot, first have to have playoff for divison champ--say Yankees/Red Sox for division title. Loser then has to have a playoff fr Wild Card.

So if Yankees Red Sox and say Cleveland wind up tied, it would be Yankees Red Sox on Monday for Division title, loser vs Cleveland on Tuesday for Wild Card.

If all 4 wind up with same recored, both play Monday for division title and losers play Tuesday for the Wild Card.

But if Yankees/Red Sox are tied and both have better records than Cleveland, winner of season head to head is division champ and other is wild card/no playoff.

If they are tied and both have worse records than Cleveland, then playoff for division champ.

Most of this post is obvious, but how would that be fair to Cleveland if the had to play against a team that had a worse record than them for the WC? Because whoever lost between Yanks and Sox would be a half game behind Cleveland! And the one game playoff counts toward your regular season record? I figure this is the way it works, but it doesnt seem to be fair to the WC contender from the Central!!!

Most of this post is obvious, but how would that be fair to Cleveland if the had to play against a team that had a worse record than them for the WC? Because whoever lost between Yanks and Sox would be a half game behind Cleveland! And the one game playoff counts toward your regular season record? I figure this is the way it works, but it doesnt seem to be fair to the WC contender from the Central!!!

they wouldnt have to play a team with a worse record, if they had a better record than the Yanks and Redsox then they would be the wildcard, no playoff needed. only way Cleveland plays is if they have the same record as the Yankees and/or Sox. i think.....

they wouldnt have to play a team with a worse record, if they had a better record than the Yanks and Redsox then they would be the wildcard, no playoff needed. only way Cleveland plays is if they have the same record as the Yankees and/or Sox. i think.....

But if there is a 3 way tie after 162 games then Yanks and Sox have to play! One has to win, the other has to lose! Whoever loses will then have a worse record than Cleveland by half game! But then obviously the loser between Yanks/Sox would still have to play Cleveland for the WC!

If there is a tie, they play Monday at Yankee Stadium.

If there is a three way time, they play Monday at Yankees stadium, loser gets Cleveland or Chicago Tuesday.

If there is 2 two way ties, both games are Monday, losers play Tuesday

Every scnerio is found here. They had to have a second flip because Boston has allowed themselves to get in this mix.

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_r...t=.jsp&c_id=mlb

http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/press_r...t=.jsp&c_id=mlb

But if there is a 3 way tie after 162 games then Yanks and Sox have to play! One has to win, the other has to lose! Whoever loses will then have a worse record than Cleveland by half game! But then obviously the loser between Yanks/Sox would still have to play Cleveland for the WC!

yea but that extra playoff game between the Yankees and Sox wouldnt count on their record, no matter who wins or loses they would still have the same record as the Indians. i doubt we'll see a 3 team tie for 2 playoff spots though, i dont recall ever seeing that happen. if it does happen i HOPE its the Yankee's missing out, an extra 75 mil over the next highest payroll and they are still having to fight for dear life.

you wanna know what really stinks? the Whitesox have already clinched their playoff spot so most likely they will try to rest some of their guys this weekend to get ready for the playoffs, and if thats the case the Indians very weel could get the sweep this weekend and win the wildcard since the Redsox and Yankees will be goin full force in their series. i think its a big disadvantage for the Redsox but maybe they'll still pull it out. even if they Yankees clinch they still wont cut the Redsox any slack.