Yankees back where they belong

Guest thedragon

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can they finish the season on a high note ahead of Boston without having to worry about the wild card?

Honestly, I hope so. Only for the simple fact that if the Sox make the playoffs, they are almost a sure spot in the World series if they can play the Angels well, but if the yanks make it, they will be put out first round. Angels will win the AL, I guarantee it. :thumb:

Honestly, I hope so. Only for the simple fact that if the Sox make the playoffs, they are almost a sure spot in the World series if they can play the Angels well, but if the yanks make it, they will be put out first round. Angels will win the AL, I guarantee it. :thumb:

the Redsox are gonna make the playoffs anyway, i hope. if the Yanks win the east then they should be the wildcard after Chicago finishes up their monumental meltdown. they'll both make the playoffs, as usual, then the Yankees will watch there allstar team go up in smoke to a team with less than half their payroll, as usual.

theres a good chance 1 of them wont make it this year though. if either team pulls off a sweep in the final series of the season in Boston the other team will probably be on the outside looking in....hopefully that will be the Yankees watching the games on tv in October :thumb: .

the Redsox are gonna make the playoffs anyway, i hope. if the Yanks win the east then they should be the wildcard after Chicago finishes up their monumental meltdown. they'll both make the playoffs, as usual, then the Yankees will watch there allstar team go up in smoke to a team with less than half their payroll, as usual.

theres a good chance 1 of them wont make it this year though. if either team pulls off a sweep in the final series of the season in Boston the other team will probably be on the outside looking in....hopefully that will be the Yankees watching the games on tv in October :lol: .

It's funny listening to sports talk radio and the difference between Yankees and Red Sox right now. Your typical Boston area Red Sox fan has already thrown in the season.

But seriously, the Red Sox pitching staff is hurting, from starters to the closer. Big disadvantage right now. The Yanks staff is somehow becoming legit. The Sox do have an advantage of being at home the last week of the season though.

My predictions in the AL: Yanks, Angels, Chicago, Cleveland (wild card)

There's a better than average chance the Yankees-Red Sox loser does not make playoffs. The way the Indians are playing, they will be hard to catch. And it would take a big fold in 10 games for Sox to blow at least wild card. Three game lead now on Boston, If White Sox come even at only 4-6, Red Sox would have to win 7 of 10 to tie. So Cleveland has to cool or White Sox have to totally choke or Red Sox/Yankee non division winner have to be smokin these last 10 games and they finish with 3 against each other. Either of these 3 scenarios are possible, but I wouldn't want to be the team that finishes second in East hoping for help elsewhere.

It's funny listening to sports talk radio and the difference between Yankees and Red Sox right now. Your typical Boston area Red Sox fan has already thrown in the season.

But seriously, the Red Sox pitching staff is hurting, from starters to the closer. Big disadvantage right now. The Yanks staff is somehow becoming legit. The Sox do have an advantage of being at home the last week of the season though.

My predictions in the AL: Yanks, Angels, Chicago, Cleveland (wild card)

i'd still take Schilling, Clement, Wells, Wakefield, and Arroyo over Chacon, Small, and a hurt Mussina and Brown. they better hope Randy Johnson can go every other game or they'll be done after the first round.

i'd still take Schilling, Clement, Wells, Wakefield, and Arroyo over Chacon, Small, and a hurt Mussina and Brown. they better hope Randy Johnson can go every other game or they'll be done after the first round.

C'mon man. Look at the past month. The Yanks starters have produced more than the Sox. Outside of Schilling's one start a couple of weeks ago against the Yankees he's been horrible. They don't have one reliable starter right now.

I'm not saying the Yankees rotation is the best ever, but they have been much more effective over the past month than the Sox.

C'mon man. Look at the past month. The Yanks starters have produced more than the Sox. Outside of Schilling's one start a couple of weeks ago against the Yankees he's been horrible. They don't have one reliable starter right now.

I'm not saying the Yankees rotation is the best ever, but they have been much more effective over the past month than the Sox.

so are you saying you rather have Chacon and Small than Schilling and Wells in the postseason? i dont care how bad they've been, i rather have the guys with the WS experience than a couple of guys that werent even starters at the beginning of the season. just my opinion though, we'll see here real soon which team is better....i still think they'll both be in the playoffs.

We have something interesting happening here! It is possible that the Yanks, BoSox, and which ever team doesnt win the central(Indians or ChiSox) all end up with the same record, in this case with a 3-way tie, does anyone know how that would be settled? :thumb:

I would guess a one-game playoff, but knowing Bud Selig, he would probably pick the two teams who scored the most runs during the season or something stupid like that.

Edited by Fuggly63