104.5 The Zone High School show

Bigwheel11

Everyone gets in their car right after the games in Middle Tennesse, and most of them tune into 104.5 The Zone to hear all the scores. The only bad thing, THEY RARELY READ THE SCORES. I have been listening for over 20 minutes and have yet to hear a single scoreboard rundown.

It seems like over the two-hour show, the full score rundown is only given four or five times at best. I thought they were bad last year, but this year seems worse. I remember when the show was on 99.7 a couple years back, it was 75% scores.....

To much blah blah blahing, too few scores. Anyone agree?

Everyone gets in their car right after the games in Middle Tennesse, and most of them tune into 104.5 The Zone to hear all the scores. The only bad thing, THEY RARELY READ THE SCORES. I have been listening for over 20 minutes and have yet to hear a single scoreboard rundown.

It seems like over the two-hour show, the full score rundown is only given four or five times at best. I thought they were bad last year, but this year seems worse. I remember when the show was on 99.7 a couple years back, it was 75% scores.....

To much blah blah blahing, too few scores. Anyone agree?

I do.

When these high school sports scoreboard shows started, they were based on callers giving a recap of their game and fed off of listener support and calls.

Now, 104.5 has shifted its focus, and spends a premium amount of time interviewing coaches. I guess if you are a fan of one of those schools, then you could say it's a good show. Here's the problem -- they interview and talk about the same schools, all the time.

They have a number of coaches who are like revolving doors. Every time they win, they have them on. Especially Metro, which is expected.

Yesterday, for example, they interviewed the McGavock head coach for almost 15 minutes in the afternoon prior to the games with Murphy Fair. Last night, they interviewed a McGavock assistant coach for about five minutes after the game. They guys sounded like twins with all their coach speak, and it was a McGavock focus on the show. I'm not ragging on McGavock, I'm just pointing out that they shouldn't interview two coaches from the same school in the same day.

And one final point. They need to get rid of Darren McFarland. Like or hate George Plaster, the guy knows how to operate a show and talk without stepping all over himself. McFarland is one of the worst radio hosts I have heard in a long time.

When these high school sports scoreboard shows started, they were based on callers giving a recap of their game and fed off of listener support and calls.

Now, 104.5 has shifted its focus, and spends a premium amount of time interviewing coaches. I guess if you are a fan of one of those schools, then you could say it's a good show. Here's the problem -- they interview and talk about the same schools, all the time.

They have a number of coaches who are like revolving doors. Every time they win, they have them on. Especially Metro, which is expected.

Yesterday, for example, they interviewed the McGavock head coach for almost 15 minutes in the afternoon prior to the games with Murphy Fair. Last night, they interviewed a McGavock assistant coach for about five minutes after the game. They guys sounded like twins with all their coach speak, and it was a McGavock focus on the show. I'm not ragging on McGavock, I'm just pointing out that they shouldn't interview two coaches from the same school in the same day.

And one final point. They need to get rid of Darren McFarland. Like or hate George Plaster, the guy knows how to operate a show and talk without stepping all over himself. McFarland is one of the worst radio hosts I have heard in a long time.

Amen! I agree with this whole post! Bring back Richard Bockschmidt,put him on sports.That guy is hilarious.Also,patch things up with Joe Biddle and bring him back too! :thumb: