Riverdale VS. Wilson Central

W.C.Wildcatfan

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too funny! As if WCHS hasn't chanted much the same (esp. that overated part) in the recent past!

:thumb:

ha ha seems like i remember that too. as to the game, it was a well played game by both teams, well disciplined hard-hitting football, the way it should be. good luck to both teams, looking for a rematch

Are you kidding me. Riverdale has an outstanding team and made the plays necessary to win tonight, but Wilson Central has nothing to be ashamed about. Both teams blew some opportunities inside the 30 and Scott Thomas saved the Warriors bacon with those three 3rd and 15+ conversions. But Dub-C must have been doing something right to get the "Mighty Warriors" in third and long all night. I love the job Wilson Central's coaching staff has done this year, but their offensive playcalling stunk at bad times tonight. The 3rd and 4 toss play and 4th and two off tackle probably ain't gonna work much against the Warriors. You have a good QB in Scott and three quality receivers, let them do the work on third and medium. Wilson Central played the Warriors head up and had some chances to win tonight. Kit, Scott, and Gaston just made a few more plays. If I'm Gary Rankin, I'd be nervous that there are now two teams in my region not in awe of my squad anymore. For anybody to come on here and bemoan Wilson Central's performance is just that typical Riverdale arrogance. Good game, but I'd like to see these two teams play again in the playoffs. The emperor is certainly mortal this year. If Thomas would not have played like his brother tonight, the Wildcats probably would have won this game.

If "ifs and buts" were candy and nuts everyday would be Christmas! He did play well. Gaston played well. Kit played well. Shayne played well. Quit the "ifing" stuff. Simply, Riverdale beat a VERY good WC team. Bottom line. That's football. Someone loses. Someone wins. There will be mistakes. There will be flawless plays. Riverdale is not a "falling off" football team. Heck, we're 7-0. Give me a break!

Well here comes a WC fan! I wasn't on last night becasue it was late after cleaning up. You guys are messy. (just kidding) Riverdale is an impressive team as always. They just reload year after year. It may be harder in the future since the Rutherford County Board of Education is not granting as many waivers for zoning. But they have a quality coaching staff and I know they will adjust. The region is always one of the top and I think Riverdale sees more competition in the future.

As for the game, I am not going to moan or gripe about any single play. The Wildcats played hard from the start and didn't give up. Our defense played great but had some let downs on the third and long situations. Miller is elusive but I felt we held him the best anybody can. I didn't realize he had 120 yards. It was a clean game with no turnovers up til the end (and I do think after watching the tape that that was pass interference clearly, the tape shows the ref went for his flag but didn't throw it, that is football) one play didn't make the game. This was two hard nose football teams fighting it out. My hats off to Riverdale as usual. I have a close friend on the coaching staff and I appreciate his words after the game.

In my eyes Riverdale executed great and so did WC. We had our breakdowns but our team played with heart as always. Aaron Scott is a field general and a team leader (for the record he did not thow the interception, it was thrown by our wideout Bryant on a trick play but the interception was not his fault but a good play by Riverdale defender with a litte help). Our offense had Riverdale thinking more than once but they responded when they had too. That is good football. Our defense put them in long yardage situations and Riverdale responded and found our breakdowns. That is good football. Overall the Wildcats should hold their heads high in knowing they played good and with a few breaks it could have gone the other way.

As for the next 4 weeks for WC, our team will regroup and come back strong. We know we have 4 tough games left in the season and can not take anyone for granted. Goodluck to Riverdale and I hope we see you in a few weeks.

CLASS ACT REPLY! Proud of the wildcats, no doubt. But understands the talent in the warrior squad as well. Good Football. Great High School Football! It was quite a game for a regular season game. BTW, the football quarterback club is doing an awesome job! Thanks for great concessions and a great atmosphere. These are the kind of games you look forward to in the playoffs. To experience it midseason was especially nice.

Too funny! As if WCHS hasn't chanted much the same (esp. that overated part) in the recent past!

the only time we've ever chanted it was when we beat MJ's girls' basketball team (#2 in the nation), and that was when the game was OVER. we didnt start chanting when we went up 2-0.

plus, how can you chant overrated if your not the underdog? they are the #1 team in the state (and deserve to be). i wouldn't have minded it so much if they would have done it when the game was in hand, but to do it while they're up 7-0 in the 1st quarter just makes them look dumb :D

the only time we've ever chanted it was when we beat MJ's girls' basketball team (#2 in the nation), and that was when the game was OVER. we didnt start chanting when we went up 2-0.

plus, how can you chant overrated if your not the underdog? they are the #1 team in the state (and deserve to be). i wouldn't have minded it so much if they would have done it when the game was in hand, but to do it while they're up 7-0 in the 1st quarter just makes them look dumb :thumb:

Got me there, we are only the defending AAA Women's Basketball Team.

You know you might be right, but I'm betting these guys can chant anything they want this year!

Edited by MJ AND BEYOND

If "ifs and buts" were candy and nuts everyday would be Christmas!

Well, if you take away Miller's 3 touchdowns (because WC really contained him with 120 yds) and that interception would have never happend, and WC converted on that 4th and 1 and then scored, WC would have won 21-0

Edited by Thesportsreporters

As another central fan I want to congratulate Riverdale on their big win over us tonigt. I felt that both team played extremely well but the warriors were able to come up with a big play everytime they needed one. It looked like to me that experience played a big facor in the win........I hope central can bounce back with a big win over our cross town rivals from lebanon who are struggling right now....good luck to riverdale also and we hope to see yall soon