Riverdale VS. Wilson Central

W.C.Wildcatfan

Great job to both teams. There is not much I can say that has not already been said. One player from Central I was very impressed with was #7... (dont know his name) VERY QUICK. He has great speed especially on that fake punt he ran and I also saw him catch Gaston Miller from the back to make a tackle on defense. He was the QB on their freshman team last year right? That would just make him a sophmore :thumb:

Riverdale, great way to show you're still on top! Make sure you play your best every game, because teams like Wilson Central are the teams that can beat you on off nights.

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job to both teams. There is not much I can say that has not already been said. One player from Central I was very impressed with was #7... (dont know his name) VERY QUICK. He has great speed especially on that fake punt he ran and I also saw him catch Gaston Miller from the back to make a tackle on defense. He was the QB on their freshman team last year right? That would just make him a sophmore :lol:

Riverdale, great way to show you're still on top! Make sure you play your best every game, because teams like Wilson Central are the teams that can beat you on off nights.

Conner McChurch (brother of Mitch McChurch aka the McChurch Brothers) The older brother plays at Cumberland University (I think). Great family. Wished they had a couple more sons coming up. :thumb: He is a sophmore.

As for the concession stand, that is run by the All Sports Booster Club. Hope you liked the food. We sold a bunch of it. The Quarterback Club is just getting started and sold the clothing.

Edited by WCWildcat#1Fan

Wow that was great high school football i loved the crowd i heard estimated crowd of 15000 might be a little high but the place was jammed packed and i loved every bit of it

To the person who is offended because i had to sit on WC side last year i apologize our side was full and my point was being for everyone to get there early which a lot of people did my best friend saved my seats had to work late but he went in at 5:30 and it was already getting crowded

As far as the game i thought we had good play calling on offense Wc defense was very good and they are a legit defense but the play calling was the best he has done in awhile and kept them off balance in my opinion my prediction was close 28-7

Wc offense was BLOWING us off the ball espcially in the beginning that last time i saw our defense get blown off the ball like that was in 2000 state championship game against red bank the defense got better at attacking as the game progressed. As a person right in front of the INT yall are right it was pass interfernce by the offense the ball was under thrown and the reciver climbed up antwans back and the offcial reached for his falg and left it in there when phillip picked it off antwan was burned on the play but it was underthrown

This was a great game where both teams layed it out for all 4 quartersand of course i think the best team won I dont know if we will see you again because cookeville is also very good but we will see one of those 2 teams in the playoffs and i would NOT be surprised if it was WC

GREAT GAME AND I ENJOYED THE FACILITIES

Wow that was great high school football i loved the crowd i heard estimated crowd of 15000 might be a little high but the place was jammed packed and i loved every bit of it

To the person who is offended because i had to sit on WC side last year i apologize our side was full and my point was being for everyone to get there early which a lot of people did my best friend saved my seats had to work late but he went in at 5:30 and it was already getting crowded

As far as the game i thought we had good play calling on offense Wc defense was very good and they are a legit defense but the play calling was the best he has done in awhile and kept them off balance in my opinion my prediction was close 28-7

Wc offense was BLOWING us off the ball espcially in the beginning that last time i saw our defense get blown off the ball like that was in 2000 state championship game against red bank the defense got better at attacking as the game progressed. As a person right in front of the INT yall are right it was pass interfernce by the offense the ball was under thrown and the reciver climbed up antwans back and the offcial reached for his falg and left it in there when phillip picked it off antwan was burned on the play but it was underthrown

This was a great game where both teams layed it out for all 4 quartersand of course i think the best team won I dont know if we will see you again because cookeville is also very good but we will see one of those 2 teams in the playoffs and i would NOT be surprised if it was WC

GREAT GAME AND I ENJOYED THE FACILITIES

Thanks for the kind word about our facilities but we know we have a long way to go. We just try to make the best of it for all games but it is hard when you have that many people. It was a great high school football night. All but the score. :thumb: ha ha. Riverdale has a class team. My son said there was not a lot of trash talking on the field and that one kid kept telling him good job after the play. (just wished they had not stayed on the field so long after the game). Hope we do meet again but you are right that Cookeville is very good and they will be in the road to get to Riverdale. Good luck against Bye, I hear they are gunning for you. :lol:

to riverdale great game,if it wasnt for a few 3rd and long conversions it would have been different,wilson central didnt come out to keep tha game close,or try and hold riverdale low,they came out to win this game and came close. good job to both teams

You stressed a point a few days ago about how it didnt matter about Riverdale's past, how many straight region games they won, all that mattered is 2005 Riverdale and 2005 Wilson Central...well it doesnt matter what down it was on, all that matters is we converted. That just shows our playmaking ability in certain situations. Thats just part of football. But since your gonna talk about how things would be different if Riverdale didnt convert them, think about how much more different the game would have been if Wilson Central didnt convert that 4th down fake punt run that set up WC's 2nd score...that would have made the game 28-7.

And you said "wilson central didnt come out to keep tha game close,or try and hold riverdale low."...well I'm sure they TRIED, but they just got outplayed by a better team. Dont act like Riverdale won because Wilson Central was having a off night or didnt have their heads in the game or something, I feel like they prepared well for the game because they played a good game, just not enough to win. Not trying to take a shot at WC Im just trying to say dont say things to take away from Riverdale's win. Yall got your win in the freshman game, be proud of that as long as you can because those same freshman might just beat yall their senior year :thumb:

To the rest of Wilson Central's fans on here, sorry if I took anything to the extreme in this post I just felt like rubbing it in wilsoncentral08's face since he was one of the main ones talking trash about Riverdale prior to the game.

i heard that this game had an attendance of 7500 people... last year the oak ridge semi final game had approximately 8000 people from what i remember and i was there.... it was packed far beyond capacity, which made for a great atmosphere. so wow... sounds like the wc/riverdale game last night was very similar. best of luck to both teams.

i heard that this game had an attendance of 7500 people... last year the oak ridge semi final game had approximately 8000 people from what i remember and i was there.... it was packed far beyond capacity, which made for a great atmosphere. so wow... sounds like the wc/riverdale game last night was very similar. best of luck to both teams.

That is a very good comparasin there was people EVERYWHERE they brought in bleachers and they were all packed and there was standing room only all the way aroind the stadium as far as the actual total i would say that there was more than 8000 people at the oak ridge game last year and i would also say that there was more than 7500 last night but the atmosphere was GREAT

Yea and Oak Ridge was sposed to beat Riverdale in 2004 and 2003, what happened to that? Wilson Central was sposed to beat Riverdale last night, what about that? You really cant say to much unless you are number 1, and by the looks of it as long as Riverdale is around you will be number 2. Getting real tired of all this talk about Riverdale getting beat, without a W to back it up so if Im making myself look cocky in this post I dont care. Here's how I look at it...

Oak Ridge will NOT win the state this year. Riverdale will beat you badly. I wouldn't be surprised if you guys get beat early in the playoffs. You dont have a edge.

Edited by 802 Warrior

Facts are facts....Riverdale went in and got it done. I believe I told all of yall as an outside observer that RHS knows how to win the big games and WC hasn't done that yet. Riverdale is the one with an unblemished record........they are leading the region and on track to get another region title. I think all your bragging fired them up....it certainly lit the Thomas fire didn't it? WC...regroup and focus on Lebanon.

Congrats to Riverdale and way to keep Rutherford County looking good.

And don't forget Warrior fans that I picked yall to win when others didn't and that I even put the Go Warriors on my post.......so have mercy on us in week 10. :thumb:

Facts are facts....Riverdale went in and got it done. I believe I told all of yall as an outside observer that RHS knows how to win the big games and WC hasn't done that yet. Riverdale is the one with an unblemished record........they are leading the region and on track to get another region title. I think all your bragging fired them up....it certainly lit the Thomas fire didn't it? WC...regroup and focus on Lebanon.

Congrats to Riverdale and way to keep Rutherford County looking good.

And don't forget Warrior fans that I picked yall to win when others didn't and that I even put the Go Warriors on my post.......so have mercy on us in week 10. :blink:

You were right on the money 2 priceless. It's all just talk on here anyway. When you win as much as Riverdale does, it's proof that it's in the coaching. The kids buy into their schemes and the coaches seem to do a good job adapting to their players they have unlike some schools I know of. Riverdale's defense has been fantastic. You know opposing coaches have been studying multiple hours of film trying to scheme a few surprise formations and some misdirection plays yet Riverdale seems to take it in stride and not get flustered. I think the D needs to get some notice for their hard work and great play. Yes, WC scored some points but you and everyone else know that the battles have been won by the D. Very exceptional group of players and coaches. It's a system that works well because turnover in the staff is practically nonexistent and when a change is made, they don't miss a beat which means the replacements have that same level of coaching expertise and buy into the schemes as well. Frankly, I don't think enough credit is given to the coaching staff on this board. In an era of stop and drop coaching staffs when the wins don't come, Riverdale's staff is much like a highly tuned race car engine.

Great Job Riverdale Coaching Staff to a job WELL DONE! :thumb: