Anderson County @ Knox Catholic

SliderSport

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Catholic has played two teams this year who have yet to get a win. The teams that Catholic has played have gone 11-17. Catholic should be ready for the most phyiscal game that they will see all year. Everyone knows that Coach Kerr has one of the strongest teams year in and year out. AC wins this one.

Catholic has beat Livingston Academy (3-2) Austin East (3-2) and Smith County (3-2) so what does it matter if they have also beat winless Sequoyah and Wartburg? The bottom line is that they have beaten everyone they have played.

Anderson County has a loss and three wins over teams with losing records so why wasn't that mentioned in that post? How about that 7-6 win over Kingston. The same Kingston team that got blasted by Livingston Academy who in turn got beat by Knoxville Catholic. Yeah Catholic Opponents are 11-17, big deal. Anderson County opponents are 12-16 and if you take out 5-0 Knoxville Webb their other 4 opponents are 7-16.

You guys got a big shock coming. Knoxville Catholic is for real.

Catholic hasnt run all over anyone yet.....well any school with a "program" anyway.....like i said before this is a battle to see who is the least over-rated.

You must be a fan of a school that Catholic has beaten. Get over it, they are a pretty good team. Lets be realistic they are a 1A or at best a 2A school playing 3A. They only have 250 boys in the whole school total enrollment is barely 500. Who do you want them to play? Beating Livingston, A-E, Smith Co. and Sequoyah isn't enough?

Edited by ScottA11

Catholic is a great football team. Having seen both teams play, Anderson County may not get on the bus to go play. I just hope their coaches haven't shown them any film. They may all fake injuries this week to stay out of this one.

Shame on you. I doubt AC needs any message board "help" to get charged up for this game. Both teams will be ready for what promises to be a classic match-up. Both programs are playing good football and both will want this win very badly. The weather should be perfect, there will be a huge crowd (for a Catholic game) and I expect a great game. Good luck to Anderson County and better luck to the Fightin' Irish! :D

Well ex-vol who would you consider to be a good team? Obviously you think that everybody is overrated except for the team you like. These are both good teams, and Catholic just hasn't been tested yet. Just don't bring your arrogant ignorance to these forums and expect them to be seen as a good opinion.

Actually, Gov....I thought he made some valid points. I guess you didnt want to acknowledge them since they didnt jibe with what you think, and that makes them arrogant ignorance. Strange way to look at things.

And please people, stop all this stuff about Knox Catholic only having 250 boys in the school. Until they become a zoned school and are not able to offer scholarchips, they will have to live within the rules of the TSSAA and play in the 3A Division.

Anyway, back to the game. This is the first test for Catholic and you know Anderson County will bring thier A game.....sorry AAA game (grins). Should be very intresting unless AC self destructs in the opening quarter. If AC gets off to a good start they will give the Irish boys all they can handle. In the end though, I think Catholic wins with the better defense. Knox Catholic is for real. See, I'm fair, but I also believe in free speech and being able to state an opinion without being beat up over it.

Knox Catholic 21

Anderson Co. 14

Edited by ravinglunatic

Actually, Gov....I thought he made some valid points. I guess you didnt want to acknowledge them since they didnt jibe with what you think, and that makes them arrogant ignorance. Strange way to look at things.

And please people, stop all this stuff about Knox Catholic only having 250 boys in the school. Until they become a zoned school and are not able to offer scholarchips, they will have to live within the rules of the TSSAA and play in the 3A Division.

Anderson Co. 14

Good Morning, ravinglunatic. Your post is very reasonable except for one point where you are in error. Catholic is smaller than other 3A schools and you are right, they are playing up because of the TSSAA multiplier rule for private schools. The wisdom of that rule is open to honest (and endless) debate on other forums, but it is the rule and it is being followed by Catholic. Catholic will never be a "zoned" school by its very nature (hence they have to play 3A rather than their natural division which would be 2A, I think)(makes you wonder why "open-zoned" and "magnet" public schools aren't treated the same) BUT, no Division I program is allowed to offer scholarships and Catholic does not. In fact, Catholic didn't offer scholarships when it was a DII school where they were allowed. This has been a misconception about Catholic and Notre Dame for years and it was a major factor in the difficulty those schools had in DII where they competed against schools that, perfectly legally, did recruit and did give scholarships. The vast wealth difference between small parochial schools like Catholic and ND, on the one hand, and the big private schools like McCallie, Christian Brothers, Baylor and MBA, for examples, made for a pretty tilted playing field in most sports.

Good luck to both teams tonight. It should be a great game.