Antioch vs. Gallatin

Verb58

Looks like Mcgavock has picked up where it left off last year. This game has been on to decide region the last few years this year it could be to decide 2nd.

How does Gallatin bounce back after a tough game witha tough opponent. Should have both Gleaves and Hall back for this one.

How does Antioch repsond with Brown back in the lineup.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the past couple of years, Gallatin has been able to contain Antioch running backs. I do not think this year will be any different. Brown is an excellent back, but Gallatin's defense is strong against that type of running offense. Gallatin's offense will be the question mark in this one. The Wave's top 2 recievers were out last week against Wilson Central, and I think that is stretching the truth a bit to say that they will be 100% for this game. QB J.T. Ferrell also was beat up pretty badly last week and seemed to have tweeked his shoulder on his throwing arm. Gallatin will have to correct mistakes on the offensive side of the ball in order to win this matchup. Also, a little creativity on the part of Coach Lassiter would be nice. His play calling really makes me wonder sometimes. :thumb:

Lassiter's play-calling the last few years have left me scratching my head!! Don't get me wrong, you don't have to be able to pass to win in high school football. BUT, when you do not have the most talented team, you need to be able to throw a little to keep the defense honest. I have been glad to see them throw a little more this year, but Gleaves and Hall being out last week really hurt. They are both playmakers, and when they are healthy, it makes a difference.

Check out the Question. Is this game for 2nd place. I am not gonna comment on McG until week ten.

It is far too early to tell whether or not this is for second place. If you ask me, the Gallatin and McGavock game in week ten will be for the first place spot, and the loser will come in second. Enough looking ahead though.

My Prediction: Gallatin 21 Antioch 14

Edited by Gtowner

Lassiter's play-calling the last few years have left me scratching my head!! Don't get me wrong, you don't have to be able to pass to win in high school football. BUT, when you do not have the most talented team, you need to be able to throw a little to keep the defense honest. I have been glad to see them throw a little more this year, but Gleaves and Hall being out last week really hurt. They are both playmakers, and when they are healthy, it makes a difference.

I'm with ya sensation but I will disagree on one point. Back when you were playing the forward pass was not neccessarily a must aka Stratford in 91'. But nowadays the forward pass is a must in your offense. With the likes of the Williamson County squads, being able to score quickly to keep up with the "jones" is a definite need in your offensive scheme.

We have a few injuries tonight so how will those affect our play overall is still a question mark. If we don't stop Brown then we lose bottom line!!