BA-MUS

margaritaville

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering... where has Eagles09 gone this week? Did anyone find out if he was actually on the BA football team?

I haven't gone anywhere. I was going to stay out of this convo. And just look at the BA roster..im on the team. but instead of worrying about me being on the team you all need to worry about Tyree Ford, Ryan White, Mike Berry, Bill Kottas, Michael Beasly, John Garret, and Tremayne Townsend...they are the big play makers on our team. and our Defense is pretty good this year. And from reading the reply's to the topic, I get the feeling that you all dont think we can beat MUS. Or the only way we can beat them is if they dont play well. So for all of you who do think that, you should change your mind after Friday night. I think that you all think were not good just b/c we lost to McCallie.. If you were at the game you'd know that we had the game won, but let it slip away at the end...Its not like we were ran off the field.Its kinda like that UT-LSU game. LSU had the game won,but at the end UT made big plays and LSU didnt. So teams shouldnt overlook LSU just b/c they lost to UT.and the same with us MUS shouldnt be looking over us just because we lost to McCallie.... But thats in the past and we have to prepare for our other games. I guess ill talk to yall later

I haven't gone anywhere. I was going to stay out of this convo. And just look at the BA roster..im on the team. but instead of worrying about me being on the team you all need to worry about Tyree Ford, Ryan White, Mike Berry, Bill Kottas, Michael Beasly, John Garret, and Tremayne Townsend...they are the big play makers on our team. and our Defense is pretty good this year. And from reading the reply's to the topic, I get the feeling that you all dont think we can beat MUS. Or the only way we can beat them is if they dont play well. So for all of you who do think that, you should change your mind after Friday night. I think that you all think were not good just b/c we lost to McCallie.. If you were at the game you'd know that we had the game won, but let it slip away at the end...Its not like we were ran off the field.Its kinda like that UT-LSU game. LSU had the game won,but at the end UT made big plays and LSU didnt. So teams shouldnt overlook LSU just b/c they lost to UT.and the same with us MUS shouldnt be looking over us just because we lost to McCallie.... But thats in the past and we have to prepare for our other games. I guess ill talk to yall later

We missed you Eagles09... I agree with margaritaville on this one. If you think that anyone in this state will ever overlook Brentwood Acadamey then you are sorely mistaken. You always have a good team and everyone knows about it and respects yall. MUS will not overlook you just because they beat you twice last year (example: MBA). The game is too close to call. Its going to be a good one.

i thought that this thread was about the MUS-BA game this year. Why are we talking about the baylor game last year or about ryan burns, that was all last year. Yea michael is a good quarterback, but everyone has room for improvement till November 19th in Murfeesboro. Best of Luck to both teams. Bauber no need to start a war with any high school kids, i mean come on your in college dont you have better things to do?

A war lol. I was simply stating that he was wrong. Yeah I am in college so? Does that mean I can not take 5 mins or so out of my day to respond to people who have no clue what they are talking about? And as for arrogance I was merely stating the cold hard truth and obviously some people are having trouble with that. I do not go to school at MUS anymore im playing 1AA football up at Austin Peay. A lot of people misjudge people who are simply confident as arrogant. I will not deny that both of the MBA games could have gone either way last year and you can never count any team out especially in high school football in the Super 7. MUS is not the greatest football team in the world or anything but they have proven themselves last year and this year (so far). MUS will not overlook BA but still think MUS wins by 14. And I love how Cut it out blames MUS and MBA being evenly matched due to MBA having players out. And as for being Quiet and being humble well sorry Cut it out I dont have to I have the ring and im graduated.

Edited by Bauber

Unless <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a> can develop its passing game and pressure Park, I think MUS will win this game by a couple touchdowns. The Eagles have the talent to win the game, but the Owls are very well-coached and riding some serious momentum.

MUS 24, BA 10

I understand that as a journalist, you have to be honest and evaluate the game fairly, as much as your heart goes the other direction.

I am not bound by journalistic integrity, so I'll go with BA in the upset.

BA - 17

MUS - 14

I feel better now! I do feel the Eagles have a realistic shot at winning this one. They can't play like they did against McCallie, which was a debacle. Ford looks like he's 100% healthy again, and that really helps.

Edited by itzme

Do not take certain people comments about this game and other things as indicative of the whole M.U.S. community. As member of that community, I can tell we are a very humble group of people, and the people who are making these arrogant comments are a couple of grads who can not let goof their high school glory. Please do not lose respect for our school because of a couple of guys who want to live in their glory days. We know BA has a solid team like they always do. They will be a good one and hard fought. BA always fights hard. Even when they were down by 21 in the 4th quarter of the state championship, they showed guts and pride and still fought hard. This will be a game between two classy, well-respected programs. To the guys making the comments, think about what you say and show the class that you were taught. You represent your school. Do not tarnish the reputation that your classmates and those who came before worked so hard to create. I am proud to be a part of M.U.S. and take the reputation of the school very seriously. Be proud of your school, but do not show arrogance. You are ambassadors of M.U.S. Act like you have been taught.