BA-MUS

margaritaville

I hope I am wrong, as well.

Me too.

I am going with heart over head and predict BA in a squeaker.

We are going to have to get some turnovers to make this happen.

If John Garrett and Bill Kottas have a good night, then we have a shot.

I believe that Ryan and Tyree will get some yardage but the ground

game will not be enough. John is going to have to make some throws

to keep MUS from focusing on stopping the run game.

BA 24

MUS 21

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since we moved up classifications several years ago, it is proven we can longer win on talent alone. We must execute perfectly to win this game!!! MUS is well coached and plays hard.

Anyone know when the open house is?? Let's all "chip in" this year.

You mean like ten years ago?

What "open house" are you refering to?

What name are you posting on the MBA thread under this week?

I'm not sure what's more impressive this year - MUS's defense (3 shutouts, 2 TDs allowed in 6 games), or the way the Owls have retooled on offense after losing some great skill players from 2004. Nevertheless, <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a> is going to have to make the most of their scoring opportunities to win this game. Tyree Ford may need to break a long one or two, and that's a tough task against a MUS defense which is stellar against the run.

If MUS wins this one, and wins decisively (2 TDs+), they may need to start getting some consideration for mythical best in state honors through midyear. Granted, their offensive stats may not be as impressive on paper as Riverdale's, and their non-conference schedule is not a blockbuster one, but they are just a solid team right now that would require pretty much a mistake-free effort against to beat.

I dont want go get into the whole line of apparent arrogance here, but here is an addition to what rollredroll said about the MUS defense: of the 19 points it has allowed all season, 9 of them were against the second and third teams.

I believe MUS will pull this one out. The game is being played at MUS, MUS is a tough team to play at home. It will be close but MUS impact players like Michael Park, Max Prokell and Stephen Bowie will be hard to stop along with Tyler Massey at running back. On defense, the secondary will make it very tough to pass on with donnie malmo and logan welch. Also, Will Pickens and Mason George will hold up the run inside the box. For those of you going to the game you will witness an excellent student section that is known for its loud cheering.

Since we moved up classifications several years ago, it is proven we can longer win on talent alone. We must execute perfectly to win this game!!! MUS is well coached and plays hard.

Anyone know when the open house is?? Let's all "chip in" this year.

That is a very good point. The good news that should cheer you up is that we won several state championships before the play-offs were diluted with 8 state champions. There are schools that have been around for a long time that never won even 1 state championship from the time the play-off system started until the separation. You may not believe this, but some schools never even earned a "silver ball" during that time. There are schools that have been around for decades and have never one 15 games in a season like we have. So, cheer up little buck-a-roo.

It is understandable that you do not know when the open house will take place. After all we do not relentlessly advertise in an almost desperate manner.

Congrats to MUS who are winners of state championships before and after the separation!

MUS wins another one in dominating fashion. MUS still has the one of the lowest scoring defenses in the state. This team appears to be the real deal. Hopefully they will start getting the recognition they deserve as one of, if not the, best team in the state.

It was as close as a 28-0 game could be I guess. BA could move the ball, but not very well in the red zone and could not stop throwing it to MUS defensive backs who were on receivers like glue.

MUS's QB is very, very good.

I don't think they are as good as last year - but PLENTY good enough.