Prayers Needed

doodle_bug_1111

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May our Father in Heaven comfort these families, these students and the community in Crockett County. A loss such as this is so hard for our children to cope with. Let us all lift them up in prayer during the weeks to come and let us all take time to hug our children and tell them we love them...Heartfelt sympathy from a Sycamore War Eagle mom

What a tragedy. Such a young and obviously very loved young life cut so short. As a parent of 2 high school students, I am deeply saddened, even though I do not know either of these girls or their families, and that is not important. What is important is that we all pray for both of these families during their time of need, and for the recovery of the other young lady. It is also important that if you have children, you tell them every chance you get that you love them, and that you pray for their safety often. You never know wneh it may be the last time you see them.

Homecoming Queen dies in a fiery wreck.

Brian Mills

News Channel 11

Sep 25, 5:21 PM EDT

Brian Mills

News Channel 11

Send E-Mail

Biography

On Friday seventeen-year-old Courtney Hensley was over the moon with joy. She had just been crowned David Crockett’s 2005 home coming queen.

“We said oh you look great wonderful she said don't you like my dress its kind of tight but boy I need a cheese burger”, says art teacher Kay Grogg.

A family friend says Hensley and her friend Cortney Beard were on their way to Walgreen’s to develop homecoming pictures. They never made it. Instead they were rear ended at a stoplight on North Roan Street, their SUV becoming engulfed in flames. Beard is at Vanderbilt Burn Center in critical condition. She had been dragged to safety.

“I went over and held her hand when she see me she's like Seth what happened what happened”, says school friend Seth Cochran.

Courtney Hensley died trapped in the fiery wreckage. The school says her loss will be deeply felt by everyone at David Crocket High School.

“ She was just friends with everybody there were several kids she cared very deeply about that were not your normal kids that people would care about she deeper than the surface”, says art teacher Kay Grogg.

Hensley’s family must now deal with this senseless tragedy.

“ The last thing when I went over to the house just now that her sister told me was to be sure to tell my daughter to hug each other and tell each other they love each other because that's important because pictures don't mean any thing after they are gone”, says Kay Grogg.

But few will forget her joy Friday night. A joy that said world here I come. Sadly that dream never got a chance to reach it's full potential.

:thumb: I am so sorry, my prayers are with you all.