Cumberland Gap @ Happy Valley

Shotdoc

I agree flip, there's gonna have to be some pressure put on the qb. If you let that HV qb sit back there, he'll pick and pick you apart. I hope CG has a good game plan to slow HV down. I think it will be interesting to see the mindset of the Panthers after a long road trip, going into such a big region matchup such as this. I hope they will have their minds on their business and play their tails off. I think they will be ok. Go get'em guys, it's just a day away!!!!!! :thumb:

CG-35

HV-28

Panther Pride!!!!!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that CG plans on playing a lot of players, from what the coaches tell me. They have a couple of guys with some different roles this week. So they plan to keep the freshest people in the ballgame on both offense and defense. Not to mention the fact that htey seem to be in pretty good shape to begin with!! :thumb:

Panther Pride!!!!!

I have not missed a CGHS game this season or for the last two seasons yet, I know alot of the players and how awesome they are, and I do know some about f-ball, enough to get me by, so I still bet that the GAP will win this game, although I can't say by what score!!!! ;) .....GO PANTHERS!!!!!!!!!! I will be there cheering ya on!!!! ;)

one more day till the big game....you can feel the atmosphere in the air just waiting for 7:30 2mar night....the cghs players are ready for this game.....they will beat hv 2mar night but it will be a tough D game for both teams the gap can get it done they cant get down any so keep it up guys

PANTHER PRIDE!!!!!

tom. nights game night.. me and some other guys decided that we're gonna go on down there for the game and support our guys... but from what i heard today the qb has a cannon and their running back is good.... so its gonna be about the pressure from the defense... and i agree with shotdoc.. where this game is gonna be so intense .. players wearing down will play a factor so another factor will be conditioning but good luck to bother teams but im goin with panthers still..

i also think this will be high scoring... yes the d is awesome but both teams can air up the ball and that can run into some points for bother teams

CG-35

HV- 28

Its about time for the game and I am ready to go watch two good teams play their best and the better team walking off the field with the victory.

With that being said, how does Cumberland Gap adjust to the speed of the Happy Valleys' skill receivers and the strength of a running back who has got decent speed but his legs keep moving like a grinder? How does the Cumberland Gap offense adjust to a faster defense? Do they throw to the holes or do they tempt the deep ball? Do they run the ball more than they have all year?

Does the Happey Valley offense run straight at the Cumberland Gap defense (who has only allowed one tochdown on the varsity past the 2 min. mark in the 2nd qt.)or do they continue to throw the ball to the sidelines letting the speed do the work? Does the Happy Valley defense set back in a zone or do they pin their ears back and go after Hoskins?

Who knows! Lets get this game going and let the players decide who the region favorite is.

My prediction:

Cumberland Gap - 27

Happy Valley - 14

last year cg wasnt at there best...and this year they are the best in division 2a right now....the lose to west greene dont mean nothing this year thats in the past yea last year cg lost to rutledge they lost to south greene and this year cg blew out rutledge and beat south greene....and the players are in better shape this year then last and they are skilled better so hands down the gap has this one

PANTHER PRIDE!!!!!

Well the game is tonight and excitement is abound!!!! It's time to put the talk aside and go play. Good luck to both teams and I hope all these young men play a great game and make it real fun for all of us to watch. Go Panthers and I hope you guys play great!!!

CG-35

HV-28

Panther Pride!!!!!