OS vs CAK

catback

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This should be an interesting game, but I just don't think many teams can stop the cak passing attack. Harb is just too good of a quarterback, and cak has too many good, speedy wide receivers. And no matter how much hunting gear and cowbells we see in the stands tonight, cak will come out on top 38-13 after they call the dogs off.

Edited by rmvolman

Mr. Gunter,

Even if you didn't go to a Christian school, your attitude would be poor. But if you'd just take a minute to re-read a few of the scriptures you've been taught you should be doubly convicted. If you take the time to consider it seriously you'll realize that Jesus definitely wasn't part of the "Land Rover" set. In fact, the Pharisee "Land Rover crowd" of the day were the primary ones that Jesus spoke to about the hypocrisy of their lives.

Festus, please accept the apology of Christian folks who post to these forums. My family had our son enrolled at a local private school for 9 years. But we certainly don't share Mr. Gunter's feelings toward you, the real Festus, or any other of the good-ole-boy crowd here in East TN. Coach Logan, if you know this young man you may need to give him some "coaching" on basic Christainity.

Go Warriors. If the O line can keep'em out of the backfield Harb will light up the scoreboard, no matter how many rednecks or Festus's are in the crowd. :thumb:

The O-line will take care of ole Rich.

This board is comical.

Now, rednecks and private school insults are being thrown around regarding the topic of CAK & Oliver Springs football game. This is a football game, not a culture clash.

Just to dispell some myths, when did Oliver Springs become known for being the land of "rednecks"? Last time I checked, the city of Oliver Springs was considered part of the Knoxville metropalitean area and counted in its metro census. Kingston's, Harriman's, and Sweetwater, and other cities that attempt to look down at Oliver Springs are not INCLUDED. Additionally, understanding the geography of Oliver Springs, its only located a 15 minutes from CAK's campus in West Knoxville ( when Pelissippi Trfaffic is moving at a decent speed). With the campuses so close together, how does people that are just seperated by just 15 minutes of traveling on Pellissippi parkway ( through Oak Ridge which is one of the most technological advanced places in the world) suddenly become the poster child for rednecks ?

It doesn't. Possibly, a couple CAK posters need to get off their elite "I'm in a private school" attitude and realize they support CAK, not WEBB and their is a HUGE difference between the schools. WEB school sends its students to IVY leagues schools, Vandy, UNC, DUKE, Northwestern and lower echelon students to University of Tennessee. CAK sends their kids to Carson Newman( not that there is anything wrong with that) and other private christian schools. While I am certain CAK adheres to its principle beliefs of instilling Christian beliefs into its students whiler giving them some of the basic education of public schools that go along with Christian beliefs, that doesn't mean CAK is any better than any other pubic school whose students mostly adhere to the same Christian ideologies. In fact, it can be said that public school like Oliver Springs indeed makes for more rounded individual who can adapt to a complex population that is full of many religions, ethnicites, cultures, and so forth. Last time I checked, that was far from being a redneck attribute. The redneck attribute last time I checked was a group of people that put of boundries and attempt to keep people that aren't like them away from their beliefs. The difference is most students at Oliver Springs don't feel a need to run to a private school to excersise their values and put them on display in a private school. I am certain if you do a comparison, acaemics at CAK are closer to that at Oliver Springs, then WEB when you compare test scores.

Just a hunch.

Oliver Springs 27 CAK 21

2 years ago, didn't CAK lose a scrimmage game to OS someting like 70-21?

I think so...

This board is comical.

Now, rednecks and private school insults are being thrown around regarding the topic of CAK & Oliver Springs football game. This is a football game, not a culture clash.

Just to dispell some myths, when did Oliver Springs become known for being the land of "rednecks"? Last time I checked, the city of Oliver Springs was considered part of the Knoxville metropalitean area and counted in its metro census. Kingston's, Harriman's, and Sweetwater, and other cities that attempt to look down at Oliver Springs are not INCLUDED. Additionally, understanding the geography of Oliver Springs, its only located a 15 minutes from CAK's campus in West Knoxville ( when Pelissippi Trfaffic is moving at a decent speed). With the campuses so close together, how does people that are just seperated by just 15 minutes of traveling on Pellissippi parkway ( through Oak Ridge which is one of the most technological advanced places in the world) suddenly become the poster child for rednecks ?

It doesn't. Possibly, a couple CAK posters need to get off their elite "I'm in a private school" attitude and realize they support CAK, not WEBB and their is a HUGE difference between the schools. WEB school sends its students to IVY leagues schools, Vandy, UNC, DUKE, Northwestern and lower echelon students to University of Tennessee. CAK sends their kids to Carson Newman( not that there is anything wrong with that) and other private christian schools. While I am certain CAK adheres to its principle beliefs of instilling Christian beliefs into its students whiler giving them some of the basic education of public schools that go along with Christian beliefs, that doesn't mean CAK is any better than any other pubic school whose students mostly adhere to the same Christian ideologies. In fact, it can be said that public school like Oliver Springs indeed makes for more rounded individual who can adapt to a complex population that is full of many religions, ethnicites, cultures, and so forth. Last time I checked, that was far from being a redneck attribute. The redneck attribute last time I checked was a group of people that put of boundries and attempt to keep people that aren't like them away from their beliefs. The difference is most students at Oliver Springs don't feel a need to run to a private school to excersise their values and put them on display in a private school. I am certain if you do a comparison, acaemics at CAK are closer to that at Oliver Springs, then WEB when you compare test scores.

Just a hunch.

Oliver Springs 27 CAK 21

2 years ago, didn't CAK lose a scrimmage game to OS someting like 70-21?

I think so...

I'm not sure what makes you think that you are some kind of expert on CAK academics, but the CAK class of 2005 sent 4 students to Vanderbilt which is considered one of the top 20 liberal arts universities in the nation. There was one poster that made the redneck comment and I think that the rest of the CAK posters have showed quite clearly that we could not disagree more with what he had to say. Let's put one idiot's ignorance behind us and talk football.

The scrimage two years ago involved two completely different teams. I'll be the first to admit that OS put a nasty whippin on CAK that scrimage but that was CAK's third year of Varsity football not to mention that there are only 1 or 2 starters from that team that still attend CAK. The past is behind us, it's a whole new CAK team and a whole new OS team. Ought to be some good football and I'm sticking by my prediction CAK 28 OS 0

28-0 prediciton? Are you kidding me?

CAK, which just this year moved up to AA football and is brand new to the region, expects it can win 28-0 at Oliver Springs? You can't be serious. Either you have ZERO knowledge of tradition and outcomes in this tough AA region, or simply you are excited about te fact CAK has progressed to a decent football school in its short and breif entry onto the football map and is blinding you, thus thinking its possible to shut out a Bobcat team on its home field, much less win this game.

Easily, Oliver Springs is possibly the toughest place to play in AA football in not only East Tennessee, but the state. Also, OS has been to the playoffs in this region almost every year since the mid 90's when five classificaitons were implemented.This is a classification that has included, great Harriman teams ( Jermaine Copeland, super talented Alcoa teams, very good Know Webb teams, and super Swetwater teams., along with a couple years of very good Onieda and Austin East teams. Oliver Springs easily battled them and won half te time against these programs when they were at their "high".

The lack of repsect Oliver Springs receives is bewildering. Chad Pennington's ( now in the NFL) Knox Webb Teams couldn't win at DJ Britian Field.

Alcoa has a losing record at DJ Britian Field over the last decade, and since the Kingston and OS have renewed its rivalry, AAA power Kingston is 1-2 at OS in its last three games.

So, you honestly expect CAK ( that has yet to ever win an AA region game in its program's history) to win 28-0 at a 4-1 Bobcat team that has played very well this year with its only losss coming in a very close game against AAA Kingston?

Excuse me, if I kinda laugh at that prediction as being without merit.

Edited by OS91