OS vs CAK

catback

All that I deserve?

Give me a break. The arrogance CAK has shown in this thread is comical.

You are a new program that won its first AA region game tonight that had posters call Oliver Springs uneducated, redneck, welfare recipants, and other insults, but you call me without class because I point out CAK is NOT WEBB. WHICH it clearly is not on WEBB's level in academics or athletics. You aren't even on Catholic"s level.

CAK is the third best private school in Knoxville. That isn't saying a lot since Catholic and Webb are considered the only two of importance throughout the state.

Also, keep me posted on what you think is class and my "alleged" shortcomings in this area. Possibly, I do have the necessary attributes to back up what I post and my point wasn't about who won the game as much as it was letting some West Knoxville "Christians" know their place and their egos aren't all that importnat after all in the grand scheme of things.

I'm done for now...

I thought this thread was supposed to be about football, NOT trashing each others schools. I am appalled at most of the posts on this thread especially the ones by OS91. I think the final score speaks for itself. CAK 52 - OS 22.

Edited by blackbunny

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats all right cak fans, you guys keep putting down the country boys, loudon will take care of you in the next game. keep running your mouth cause your next game its probaly gonna get busted by the loudon redskins. and if you guys wanna start putting down loudon then just look for the loudon cak thread cause as cocky as you all are im sure you will.

Edited by free4only1

Only if I could be the sports editor of a newspaper ( one that doesn't require a communications degree for its writers, much less the sports editor) , who's largest advertisement is world reknown Partner's Pizza in downtown Wartburg, then maybe I would have a clue about something.

If I was fortunate to acquire such an esteemed position, I could anoint myself a self derived athletic expert on all sporting events in the Frozen Head State Park area. Then after writing on these events in my paper that reads at a 4th to 5th grade national level ( below the USA TODAY which is at a 8th grade level or even the Wall Street Journal at a 12th grade level), I could possible get a "clue" in life.

Edited by OS91

Only if I could be the sports editor of a newspaper ( one that doesn't require a communications degree for its writers, much less the sports editor) , who's largest advertisement is world reknown Partner's Pizza in downtown Wartburg, then maybe I would have a clue about something.

If I was fortunate to acquire such an esteemed position, I could anoint myself a self derived athletic expert on all sporting events in the Frozen Head State Park area. Then after writing on these events in my paper that reads at a 4th to 5th grade national level ( below the USA TODAY which is at a 8th grade level or even the Wall Street Journal at a 12th grade level), I could possible get a "clue" in life.

You described me to a T. It is so sad you have to exert all your energy on me. I guess I am a special guy huh?

Since reading comprehension seems to be absent from your analysis ( see past posts as well), this doesn't bode well for your hobby as a journalist.

However, I will gladly assist you in understanding the intent direction, so there is no furhter confusion. I was not insulting the people of Morgan County in any capacity. I factually pointied out Morgan County's paper reads at a 4th to 5th grade level. You inaccuretly concluded I waqs alluding that Morgan County people can only read at a 4th to 5th grade level. I never sated this. However, you conveyed this by jumping A to Z without comprehending or simply ignoring the content. Your two response posts to my one were directed on playing victim ( which you are not) and how I insulted the people of Morgan County ( which I didn't). If you read crefully, you clearly see I was focusing on a paper, not its readers.

As I should, I accept some responsiabilty for your confusion. I made an inaccurate assumption. I assumed you were astute to newpapers being categorized on reading levels judged on it's vocabulary, writing, format, and content. Again, it has ZERO to do with the readers intelligence, but everything to do with the paper. I read the NY Times and USA Today. Just because the USA today is on an 8th grade level, doesn't mean I can only read at an eight grade level.

Also, Just so you know, all facets of the media in general are similar. From CNN, BBC, to FOX news and even radio stations are the same. One news network might spoon feed its audience where there isn't much thought process. Another will deliver factual content t and allow the veiwer to process and make the determiniation ( although its rarer today).

So, as you have figured out, you missed the point entirely as you raced to hit the reply key.

Also, don't cry about being singled out after throwing yourself into this debate when an opportunity ( albeit, an ill fated one) came to strike.

Edited by OS91

It doesn't suprise me.

Most times when a coach at a AA or A school that didn't have ties to the program before they started coaching, its difficult for a school to keep that paticular coach especially given Wright's record at OSHS.

Coach Wright has done an exceptional job. If this was a latteral move to another high school, it would strike me as questionable. However, to coach on the college level at such a young age, it makes sense to make the jump into the college coaching ranks. His salary will increase and this presents more opportunities down the road. I wish him the best as most will.

Doing this during the school year seems wasn't the best timing, but what is good timing? I am certain OSHS will field a very good team regardless of who is directing. When you have the kind of talent OSHS does, it won't take much.

Tonya Lively Snyder ( head coach at Clinton) should be considered in my opinion. She is a former Lady Bobcat and has done well at CHS. I don't know if she is interested as she was in the past. Also, what about Kandi Duncan?

Anyone else know of possibilties?

Since reading comprehension seems to be absent from your analysis ( see past posts as well), this doesn't bode well for your hobby as a journalist.

However, I will gladly assist you in understanding the intent direction, so there is no furhter confusion. I was not insulting the people of Morgan County in any capacity. I factually pointied out Morgan County's paper reads at a 4th to 5th grade level. You inaccuretly concluded I waqs alluding that Morgan County people can only read at a 4th to 5th grade level. I never sated this. However, you conveyed this by jumping A to Z without comprehending or simply ignoring the content. Your two response posts to my one were directed on playing victim ( which you are not) and how I insulted the people of Morgan County ( which I didn't). If you read crefully, you clearly see I was focusing on a paper, not its readers.

As I should, I accept some responsiabilty for your confusion. I made an inaccurate assumption. I assumed you were astute to newpapers being categorized on reading levels judged on it's vocabulary, writing, format, and content. Again, it has ZERO to do with the readers intelligence, but everything to do with the paper. I read the NY Times and USA Today. Just because the USA today is on an 8th grade level, doesn't mean I can only read at an eight grade level.

Also, Just so you know, all facets of the media in general are similar. From CNN, BBC, to FOX news and even radio stations are the same. One news network might spoon feed its audience where there isn't much thought process. Another will deliver factual content t and allow the veiwer to process and make the determiniation ( although its rarer today).

So, as you have figured out, you missed the point entirely as you raced to hit the reply key.

Also, don't cry about being singled out after throwing yourself into this debate when an opportunity ( albeit, an ill fated one) came to strike.

Oh wise one has spoken. Do enlighten us more on your infinite wisdom.

Oh wise one has spoken. Enlighten us more with your infinite wisdom.