OS vs CAK

catback

What a nasty little board we have created. If you would look at my earlier postings i tried to play nice, but I mean come on. Someone has insulted my fathers intelligence for paying to provide me with the best education possible, a school where I had the oppurtunity to play sports, and a graduating class of sixty one that was incredibly close. My closest friends were the boys I played football with and I would imagine this years warrior senior class is the same as mine. Cak will win this one, and i will get on this board if they lose and say I was wrong. Hey O.S. 91, I will remember my fathers unintelligence when I come back home from college in a couple weeks to the million dollar home he has worked(and yes he is a self made man who worked to put himself through college) to put his family in and provide for them. That is what Cak football is about. Developing us into men that can one day provide a christian atmosphere to raise their families with and being able to provide them with the best oppurtunities possible. And I feel sorry that you resent us for that.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28-0 prediciton? Are you kidding me?

CAK, which just this year moved up to AA football and is brand new to the region, expects it can win 28-0 at Oliver Springs? You can't be serious. Either you have ZERO knowledge of tradition and outcomes in this tough AA region, or simply you are excited about te fact CAK has progressed to a decent football school in its short and breif entry onto the football map and is blinding you, thus thinking its possible to shut out a Bobcat team on its home field, much less win this game.

Easily, Oliver Springs is possibly the toughest place to play in AA football in not only East Tennessee, but the state. Also, OS has been to the playoffs in this region almost every year since the mid 90's when five classificaitons were implemented.This is a classification that has included, great Harriman teams ( Jermaine Copeland, super talented Alcoa teams, very good Know Webb teams, and super Swetwater teams., along with a couple years of very good Onieda and Austin East teams. Oliver Springs easily battled them and won half te time against these programs when they were at their "high".

The lack of repsect Oliver Springs receives is bewildering. Chad Pennington's ( now in the NFL) Knox Webb Teams couldn't win at DJ Britian Field.

Alcoa has a losing record at DJ Britian Field over the last decade, and since the Kingston and OS have renewed its rivalry, AAA power Kingston is 1-2 at OS in its last three games.

So, you honestly expect CAK ( that has yet to ever win an AA region game in its program's history) to win 28-0 at a 4-1 Bobcat team that has played very well this year with its only losss coming in a very close game against AAA Kingston?

Excuse me, if I kinda laugh at that prediction as being without merit.

We are not talking about history here. All you see to want to bring up is how great you were in the mid 90's. Sorry to break it to you, but I seriously doubt that the Oliver Springs home field is the toughest place to play in the entire state. In the mid 90's, you would have beaten us. Why? Because cak didn't even have a team. This is 2005, and you probably haven't seen an offense like cak's this year. cak also has some very fast players on defense. I think cak will win this game, and when they do, you will eat your words.

Just when we get back to talking about football, We are reminded of millions dollar homes and the type of car we drive etc....This is not about social status, its about football!!!!! Guys, folks can have money no matter where they live, money doens'nt make the man. Get off this track and get back to football, its embarrassing to all the good folks at CAK and Oliver Springs.

Edited by catback

CAK, which just this year moved up to AA football and is brand new to the region, expects it can win 28-0 at Oliver Springs? You can't be serious. Either you have ZERO knowledge of tradition and outcomes in this tough AA region, or simply you are excited about te fact CAK has progressed to a decent football school in its short and breif entry onto the football map and is blinding you, thus thinking its possible to shut out a Bobcat team on its home field, much less win this game.

Easily, Oliver Springs is possibly the toughest place to play in AA football in not only East Tennessee, but the state. Also, OS has been to the playoffs in this region almost every year since the mid 90's when five classificaitons were implemented.This is a classification that has included, great Harriman teams ( Jermaine Copeland, super talented Alcoa teams, very good Know Webb teams, and super Swetwater teams., along with a couple years of very good Onieda and Austin East teams. Oliver Springs easily battled them and won half te time against these programs when they were at their "high".

The lack of repsect Oliver Springs receives is bewildering. Chad Pennington's ( now in the NFL) Knox Webb Teams couldn't win at DJ Britian Field.

Alcoa has a losing record at DJ Britian Field over the last decade, and since the Kingston and OS have renewed its rivalry, AAA power Kingston is 1-2 at OS in its last three games.

So, you honestly expect CAK ( that has yet to ever win an AA region game in its program's history) to win 28-0 at a 4-1 Bobcat team that has played very well this year with its only losss coming in a very close game against AAA Kingston?

First off I don't think CAK got on this board and said they were gonna beat OS 28-0. That was me. Secondly, its a SLIGHT stretch to say that OS is easily the toughest place to play in a region that includes the favorite for the state championship(aloca), it is absurd to say that it is the toughest place to play in east tennessee(teams such as Maryville and OR), and it is absolutely retarded to say it is the toughest place to play in the state. Ever heard of teams like Brentwood Academy, Montgomery Bell, Franklin High?? You say that I have no knowledge of tradition or that I am just excited about my team's beginning success when you are the fool making some of the most astronomically ignorant claims I have ever heard about a so-so AA team based on how they did in the 90s! I don't think anyone cares about how OS did in the mid 90's, or how badly you think they would have beaten teams of the past. I'm gonna guess that you are some washed up ex-OS player from the mid 90's who is trying to relive his "glory days" by talking all the smack behind his keyboard that he couldn't back up when he was on the field.

OS has not beaten a quality opponent this year. They lost to the only decent team they have played. OS doesn't get respect because they haven't earned it. You want to talk about tradition? Are we forgetting last year's season so soon??? Being the joke of AA last year is hardly grounds for being the "toughest place to play in the state." You talk a big game but when it comes down to it you've got nothing

CAK 35 OS 14

Wow. First off, id like to ask you who you think you are. The 91, in your name OS91 leads me to believe that 1 of 2 things is true in your case. 1) you played in the year 91 which would make you a pathetic fence walker who cant forget how many blisters they got in their rear while riding the pine pony. or 2) you were born in the year 1991 and therefore, wouldnt know good football to save their life. You, my good man/boy have, by your most recent post, shown that you are indeed the most unintelligent life form roaming the CoachT boards. Please, refresh my memory on who you beat to attain this amazing 4-1 record? You sneaked past 4 teams that are by no means good. Sneaked. Also, please take back your comment on the toughest places to play in AA before i name off schools from Middle and West Tennessee that would make you wet your pants like a little school girl. I know of Single A stadiums that are more intimidating so please, give me and the rest of the people on this board a break. Do us all a favor OS91, dont post for a good long while. Hopefully by the time you repost, everyone will forget about the post that could become legendary for its remarkable stupidity.

Edited by CoachLogan74

Seems some CAK feathers are a bit ruffled by FACTUAL CONTENT.

Lets dispell some erroneous assertions,

1) I don't resent Christians. That would make me a hypocrite. However, I do resent Christians that think that because they have an exclusive group that anyone outside that group isn't as pure. We have seen in this in some capacity from SOME CAK posters plainly. Not only is this comical, but its rather amusing.

2.) Let's touch base on some reading comprehension. Here is what I said in regards to Oliver Springs being a difficult place to play

"Easily, Oliver Springs is possibly the toughest place to play in AA football in not only East Tennessee, but the state".

Notice I did say AA football, not all classifications. But again, reading comprehension seems to be VOIDt from many of CAK posters today. Anyone seeing a pattern? LOL

Classic post mentioned by Bubba who stated the following:

"First off I don't think CAK got on this board and said they were gonna beat OS 28-0. That was me. Secondly, its a SLIGHT stretch to say that OS is easily the toughest place to play in a region that includes the favorite for the state championship(aloca), it is absurd to say that it is the toughest place to play in east tennessee(teams such as Maryville and OR), and it is absolutely retarded to say it is the toughest place to play in the state. Ever heard of teams like <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a>, Montgomery Bell, Franklin High?? You say that I have no knowledge of tradition or that I am just excited about my team's beginning success when you are the fool making some of the most astronomically ignorant claims I have ever heard about a so-so AA team based on how they did in the 90s! I don't think anyone cares about how OS did in the mid 90's, or how badly you think they would have beaten teams of the past. I'm gonna guess that you are some washed up ex-OS player from the mid 90's who is trying to relive his "glory days" by talking all the smack behind his keyboard that he couldn't back up when he was on the field."

Where did I state above that Oliver Springs was more difficult than Oak Ridge, BA, and other AAAA and AAAAA programs with thousands of students and triple the resources? I didn't. My context was talking AA football and I stand behind that Oliver Springs has possibly the most rabid and loyal fan base in AA football. Obviously since CAK has its training wheels on in regards to understanding how to even hand off the ball properly, we can kinda overlook some ignorance in insults thrown at one of Tennessee's best AA programs in Oliver Springs by a school that HAS NEVER WON AN AA region game in CAK.

3) . I am far from a washed up football player reliving glory days. I haven't been to a high school football game in 2-3 years ( with excpetion to Oak Ridge-Clinton this year) and maybe 10 OS games in the last 10 years. I've got bigger fish in the sea to focus my activites on champ. than being consumed by high school football 24/7. Why i read this board for informaiton purposes, I hardly see where I possess any "washed up" characterisitcs. Possibly when I check this board and see inaccuracy and a football program like CAK not showing respect to a program like Oliver Springs, then I have no issues in puttinga program that is still in its diapers in its place. Even more funny, a small time coach ( see Coach Logan), using thrid grade insults because of his inabilty to articulate a point properly. Wow, great role models there at CAK.

4) Oliver Springs has beaten 3 opponents that are of quality in Coalfield ( 5-1), Gatlinburg Pittman (3-2), and Scott County(3-2). These schools are certainly not cupcakes. OS lone loss was to AAA power Kingston. As for calling OS a so so AA program, CAK can only hope it becomes a so so program. With OS, Sweetwater, Alcoa, and Loudon in the region, CAK will be lucky to beat Wartburg and Rockwood consitantly and keep out of last place in the region.

Enjoy your 15 minute drive to Oliver Springs tonight.

Edited by OS91

Since this debate won't stop, I'll make a few points of my own.

1) Not everyone that goes to CAK is a Christian. If this is true, then not everyone that goes there reflects Christ's behavior in their actions.

2) CAK is not a clique where followers of Christ go to feel good about themselves. At a bare minimum, it is an outstanding education. Maybe it does not rival that of Webb's, but it also is not as expensive as Webb. I am a CAK grad at UT, and from what I have experienced, I was better prepared for college and the "real world" than most of my peers. CAK has a little different mission, too. Hopefully, you've noticed.

Maybe we should move this debate to the "general" forum if we want to talk about it more.

Go Warriors

1) I don't resent Christians. That would make me a hypocrite. However, I do resent Christians that think that because they have an exclusive group that anyone outside that group isn't as pure. We have seen in this in some capacity from SOME CAK posters plainly. Not only is this comical, but its rather amusing.

2.) Let's touch base on some reading comprehension. Here is what I said in regards to Oliver Springs being a difficult place to play

"Easily, Oliver Springs is possibly the toughest place to play in AA football in not only East Tennessee, but the state".

Notice I did say AA football, not all classifications. But again, reading comprehension seems to be VOIDt from many of CAK posters today. Anyone seeing a pattern? LOL

"First off I don't think CAK got on this board and said they were gonna beat OS 28-0. That was me. Secondly, its a SLIGHT stretch to say that OS is easily the toughest place to play in a region that includes the favorite for the state championship(aloca), it is absurd to say that it is the toughest place to play in east tennessee(teams such as Maryville and OR), and it is absolutely retarded to say it is the toughest place to play in the state. Ever heard of teams like <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a>, Montgomery Bell, Franklin High?? You say that I have no knowledge of tradition or that I am just excited about my team's beginning success when you are the fool making some of the most astronomically ignorant claims I have ever heard about a so-so AA team based on how they did in the 90s! I don't think anyone cares about how OS did in the mid 90's, or how badly you think they would have beaten teams of the past. I'm gonna guess that you are some washed up ex-OS player from the mid 90's who is trying to relive his "glory days" by talking all the smack behind his keyboard that he couldn't back up when he was on the field."

Where did I state above that Oliver Springs was more difficult than Oak Ridge, BA, and other AAAA and AAAAA programs with thousands of students and triple the resources? I didn't. My context was talking AA football and I stand behind that Oliver Springs has possibly the most rabid and loyal fan base in AA football. Obviously since CAK has its training wheels on in regards to understanding how to even hand off the ball properly, we can kinda overlook some ignorance in insults thrown at one of Tennessee's best AA programs in Oliver Springs by a school that HAS NEVER WON AN AA region game in CAK.

3) . I am far from a washed up football player reliving glory days. I haven't been to a high school football game in 2-3 years ( with excpetion to Oak Ridge-Clinton this year) and maybe 10 OS games in the last 10 years. I've got bigger fish in the sea to focus my activites on champ. than being consumed by high school football 24/7. Why i read this board for informaiton purposes, I hardly see where I possess any "washed up" characterisitcs. Possibly when I check this board and see inaccuracy and a football program like CAK not showing respect to a program like Oliver Springs, then I have no issues in puttinga program that is still in its diapers in its place. Even more funny, a small time coach ( see Coach Logan), using thrid grade insults because of his inabilty to articulate a point properly. Wow, great role models there at CAK.

4) Oliver Springs has beaten 3 opponents that are of quality in Coalfield ( 5-1), Gatlinburg Pittman (3-2), and Scott County(3-2). These schools are certainly not cupcakes. OS lone loss was to AAA power Kingston. As for calling OS a so so AA program, CAK can only hope it becomes a so so program. With OS, Sweetwater, Alcoa, and Loudon in the region, CAK will be lucky to beat Wartburg and Rockwood consitantly and keep out of last place in the region.

52-22, the only phrase that I feel is necessary: "taken to the woodshed"

First of all, congratulations to the CAK boys on a 55-22 victory over a "solid" Oliver Springs team. Second of all, what makes you think that i am a small time coach? Maybe im not even a coach. Maybe i am. What i do know is that by you getting defenisve immeadiatley about not being washed up, i am convinced that you are indeed a washed up old man who could never hack it in the first place. I am through with you, just as the CAK boys whipped up on some country folk. Have a good night OS91, and tread softly because you just might have given the CAK kids some pretty good bulletin board material.