Surprise Teams

catuballer

Based on the Cookeville parent's reply and the obvious parity between Cookeville and Siegel, I mwould have to say Cookeville will be a team to reckon with in the state tournament.

Cookeville, do you guys play in any tournaments soon? If so, I will watch you and provide unbiased commentary.

Try Cookeville at Blackman tournament this weekend.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The DB girls are surprising me the most. After getting the chance to go to state last year and thinking they might when it all, and then finding out we lost earlier than expected; I thought that this year was going to be ugly after losing a lot of talent from last year. But actually right now the girls are tied for 1st in their conference and look promising. Good luck Tribe Volleyball!!

Roll Tribe

-------------

"They call me..."

Was it Cookeville or White Co with the big MH in hitting line ..one played in Chattanooga early in the season and had a good match vs. GPS but got beat by lesser tms easily???

Cookeville played in the Choo-Choo but they did not play GPS. Cookeville was beaten by Farragut in the first round of tournament portion and then Far played GPS and lost.

Was it Cookeville or White Co with the big MH in hitting line ..one played in Chattanooga early in the season and had a good match vs. GPS but got beat by lesser tms easily???

That is Cookeville. They have a really good team and middle hitter. She is a junior, they also have a good freshman middle that is going to be a good player.

Siegel is the only team that beat them in the district. They play again next thursday. It should be a great match. I think C'ville can make some noise in the District/Region tournament. The team that loses Region 4 travels to Chatt to play the winner of that region. Whoever goes to Chatt will have their hands full but either way it should be a even match.

It's really interesting to read where if "a team plays like they did against a team in one match" they will win state. Haven't we seen these types of predictions for East Ridge and now AC. One has to look at the whole picture (season) and not just one match. Let's see who makes it to state and then it will be much easier to say who was a surprise team.

I had the opportunity to watch Cookeville for the first time at Blackman. They are good and their Middle is really good. Their team is above average and I would consider them a surprise team, but they are not in the top tier. They are the type of teasm that can upset a good team on a bad day, but they are not quite there yet. Maybe next year.

I still don't understand how a coach saying, "We can be the best." about her team - in any way reflects lack of respect for a worthy opponent. It is the coach's job to promote a healthy competitive spirit and push her players to want to win. I can see how good sportsmanship goes out the window for some adults and why some players display vindictive attitudes on the court. Actually, the Cookeville players commented on how the Siegel players were nice and were good sports on the court. The only fuel that Cookeville needs is "will to win" and playing their best game. If we win - we played the better game and if we lose - the opponent played better. Every parent likes to think their child is the best - and every coach should think their team is capable of being the best.

I agree. Cookeville's coach should think her team can be the best. They have a Junior who is a strong middle and good outside hitters as well. Their defense is coming on and been having a good season. It is good to have healthy competition between teams without the media taking things out of context. After seeing Cookeville play Friday night at the Blackman tournament, I think we will be seeing them at state.

I never see very many comments on Cookeville. After 3 (or more) losing seasons, this year's team has played exceptionally well. Our record in district play is 9 - 1, with our only loss going to Siegel in 5 games. Surely that should qualify Cookeville as one of the biggest surprise teams this year. There is some big talent on the team and a new (returning) coach that keeps enough talent on the court to compensate for the weak players. Plus, the bench is deep enough to cover a bad day.

:thumb:

Did you catch the game where Cookeville's coach put in her JV team and almost beat the opponent's varsity? The JV had a good middle and several outside hitters were doing good. Their setter was great. Watching them now makes me look foraward to catching some of the games next season. See you at Districts!

minervajones may be in for a shock when Cookeville takes Siegel down. Siegel better take Cookeville seriously, or they will get beat! I heard Siegel got beat ealry in the tournament at Blackman. I hear a lot of big things from Siegel fans, but I don't always see the best results. Siegel may be over confident.

Announcements