What Team Did You Play For?

Thesportsreporters

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anderson County 96-00.... RB-DB-KR.. Best game-97 playoffs against Cleveland, nations longest winning streak of 54 games broken by our 35-7 butt kickin... Choked against a decent at most Halls team twice.. Followed by another great game at Cleveland in the playoffs the following year, we lost, but a peice of all of us was left in cleveland that night, they were just the better team that night, played our butts off..

Walk on Auburn Univ. '01-'05 Undefeated 13-0 in '05 with a SECC and Sugar Bowl.. Scrub team all american ;O)... I must say it was a pleasure to be flattened daily by such players as Ronnie Brown, Caddy, Karlos Dansby.... The list goes on..

Bloods always run orange, just got darker over the years

Trying to figure out who you are. I didn't realize we had a former player that walked on at Auburn.

Hey NEWSTANG....WAVERLY HIGH SCHOOL 86-87 STARTED AT QB AS SOPH AND JR. MOVED TO LEXINGTON FOR 88 STARTED AT TE AND CB ON LAST LEXINGTON REGULAR SEASON UNDEFEATED TEAM.

I played for Jackson Southside in 88,89 and 90. I played alot of positions. I hate to burst your bubble on that 88 undefeated season that Lexington had. We beat Lexington that year in regular season with a 9-7 win and won the district.

It was the season of '87. I graduated in '88 and we won 19-0 to finish 10-0. Now we weren't the last Lexington team to go undefeated. congrats Ltown. And how far did you go in the playoffs in '88? Lexington went to third round before losing to SEC powerhouse (lol) Brentwood Academy.

I played for CHS during the fifties. Although we were never able to beat GHS or HHS, we did finally have wins against BHS, DHS, and HHS. We blew our best opportunity to finally beat NHS during one of their weakest seasons. In our school system, I believe we lost to AHS, but never played CHS,HHS, or DHS in football. They were way out of our league.

We were a mixture of semi-urban, suburban, semi-rural, and way-out-in-the-country-farm boys. We trapped a lot of limestone clay dust in our nostrils, honored Coach and his rules, had some wins among our losses, and carried great memories and valuable lessons on down the road with us when it was over

What a great sport...no matter the level.

Edited by delaWarr