1A and 2A mr football

UC_biggest_fan

I believe that national ranking should have nothing to with the Mr. Football award. Lindsay from alcoa is good, but he doesn't have as good of number as some of the others in 2A football. look at the Skogens kid with over 1500 yards recieving! Thats impressive for a reciever through week 7. Then you have others who hae accounted for 22 TDs rushing and passing. if Lindsay was having the year he had last year I would agree, but he's not!

Dustin Lindsey should receive the 2A Mr. Football Award because he is the complete package. Stats are important - and his are impressive - but not the only reason an award of this magnitude is given. As has been stated several times previously, football is a team game. Duck's team is reigning TN 2A champs, and on their way to challenge for a repeat. He is a HUGE reason the team is as successful as it is. He shares running back duties with another gifted TB who accumulated 1000+ yards last year and has 500+ this year already. He also is a member of an offense that boasts a well-balanced attack of running and passing, with 2 WRs and a TE that have accumulated 1300+yards.

It's the intangibles that give Duck the edge over the rest of the highly talented backs in TN 2A. He is a leader and motivator. At any given practice you will find Duck going up and down the sidelines among the JV and freshmen awaiting their call to the field. He will speak to each one, play around/joke with them, striving to make them feel as much a part of the team as the starters. When he makes a mistake, he owns it. He is the first to do up/downs or whatever, leading by example. During games, Duck is the one fired up with intesity and emotion, yet playing under control. He picks his teammates up after a mistake, encouraging them to do better. No personal fouls called on this young man. I've seen him interact with opposing team members during the game, but never confront one. If the game situation dictates a "must have" first down, Duck is the man who will get it done - for the TEAM.

Off the field, he is a very friendly, fun-loving guy. He is respected by his teammates, coaches, peers, teachers, and community members. He has earned that respect through his actions, talent, and personality - not because of Unapproved Website or any other rankings. Yes, he has been offered and has verbally committed to a scholarship at UT, but the ONLY thing on his mind right now is leading his TEAM - Alcoa High School - to another state championship! That is what Mr. Football is about.

A few years down the road, ten young men will list 2005 TN Mr. Football Award on their respective resumes/job applications. I certainly hope Dustin Lindsey is given that opportunity. He has earned it.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dustin Lindsey should receive the 2A Mr. Football Award because he is the complete package. Stats are important - and his are impressive - but not the only reason an award of this magnitude is given. As has been stated several times previously, football is a team game. Duck's team is reigning TN 2A champs, and on their way to challenge for a repeat. He is a HUGE reason the team is as successful as it is. He shares running back duties with another gifted TB who accumulated 1000+ yards last year and has 500+ this year already. He also is a member of an offense that boasts a well-balanced attack of running and passing, with 2 WRs and a TE that have accumulated 1300+yards.

It's the intangibles that give Duck the edge over the rest of the highly talented backs in TN 2A. He is a leader and motivator. At any given practice you will find Duck going up and down the sidelines among the JV and freshmen awaiting their call to the field. He will speak to each one, play around/joke with them, striving to make them feel as much a part of the team as the starters. When he makes a mistake, he owns it. He is the first to do up/downs or whatever, leading by example. During games, Duck is the one fired up with intesity and emotion, yet playing under control. He picks his teammates up after a mistake, encouraging them to do better. No personal fouls called on this young man. I've seen him interact with opposing team members during the game, but never confront one. If the game situation dictates a "must have" first down, Duck is the man who will get it done - for the TEAM.

Off the field, he is a very friendly, fun-loving guy. He is respected by his teammates, coaches, peers, teachers, and community members. He has earned that respect through his actions, talent, and personality - not because of Unapproved Website or any other rankings. Yes, he has been offered and has verbally committed to a scholarship at UT, but the ONLY thing on his mind right now is leading his TEAM - Alcoa High School - to another state championship! That is what Mr. Football is about.

A few years down the road, ten young men will list 2005 TN Mr. Football Award on their respective resumes/job applications. I certainly hope Dustin Lindsey is given that opportunity. He has earned it.

Now that was an impressive speech supporting Dustin Lindsey! Bravo! Bravo!

I don't believe that Seth Skogen will be Mr. Football.

I follow Temple football and think that Seth is a good player but I also realize the odds are against him from getting any consideration for the award.

"From getting any consideration for the award????"- Have you lost your mind?- you really don't think he'll get any consideration- I assume that means no consideration for a finalist or anything???? "Vhat are you... blind???"

"From getting any consideration for the award????"- Have you lost your mind?- you really don't think he'll get any consideration- I assume that means no consideration for a finalist or anything???? "Vhat are you... blind???"

I guess the word "consideration" was the wrong word.

Let me say it in a different way for you.

Seth will probably not win the award.

Not that he's not a good player but because of who he plays for and for the level of competition. And I guess you have to throw in Temple's record.

I'm not totally sure of what those who do the voting base their decisions on but I'm assuming these are some of the things.

If Seth happens to win the award -- that would be great.

i heard mckenzie had a great runningback from htown. If mckenzie uses what they've got why did they NOT use him (Keegan Ball) a single time on offense in our LOSS to Union City. It sounds like mckenzie fans forgot that they LOST that game and were more excited about the passing records of Drew. If Ball had run the ball even 3 or 4 times the whole game in stead of 0 who knows? But if he did run then Drew would not have most likely set the record of 73 attempts, since the record was 71 attenmpts.

Ok, we run the ball 3 or 4 times. Oh, I forgot...Our defense is not the best in the world and UC still would have put 55 on the board. Drew attempting 73 passes is not what beat McKenzie vs UC. It was lack of tackling on defense. By the way, were you at the McKeznie/UC game? If I am Coach Comer and I saw that UC was playing there CB 12 yards off of my receivers ALL NIGHT, you better believe I would keep throwing the 5 yard slant and out.

Just for the record, I know for a fact that the game plan was to use no back for 2 series and then bring in a back. But UC did not adjust its CB coverage so they stuck with it.

Bottom line, if you put 33 on the board in high school, you should win. But your defense has to make plays. I know it sounds like I am knocking our defense but everyone in the stadium knows our defense is lacking but the kids are giving their all.

Go Rebels!!!

Temple people trust me don't get caught up in Mr. Football. South Pitt has had several great backs that should have won it and didn't. In 98 Eddie Moore was hands down the best player in 1A. He didn't win it. In 99 Sam Pickett was the best tailback in 1A. He didn't win it. I think it is a lot like the Heisman trophy. Sometimes the best player doesn't win it. Skogen is good I will give you that.

Temple people trust me don't get caught up in Mr. Football. South Pitt has had several great backs that should have won it and didn't. In 98 Eddie Moore was hands down the best player in 1A. He didn't win it. In 99 Sam Pickett was the best tailback in 1A. He didn't win it. I think it is a lot like the Heisman trophy. Sometimes the best player doesn't win it. Skogen is good I will give you that.

You are correct.

I think you make a good point- however I don't think people (i know I am not) are getting caught up in mr. football- seth is a junior and temple doesn't have that impressive of a record. just voicing their opinions about their team and players...

Oldtime- I still don't undertand how "level of competition" causes a problem- temple plays all 1a schools and 1 -2aa school, just like everyone else in 1a does- it is a 1a award not an all classifications award...

I think you make a good point- however I don't think people (i know I am not) are getting caught up in mr. football- seth is a junior and temple doesn't have that impressive of a record. just voicing their opinions about their team and players...

Oldtime- I still don't undertand how "level of competition" causes a problem- temple plays all 1a schools and 1 -2aa school, just like everyone else in 1a does- it is a 1a award not an all classifications award...

I understand your point.

Like I said, if Seth wins the award -- great!!

I'll be happy for him.