Best team in the Chattanooga Area

awfl

Actually Indian, Notre Dame was supposed to go to 2a with the multiplier but they decided to go ahead and move to 3a because they did not want to be in the same region as tyner and boyd. The head of TSSAA told Boyd they could go move up to 3a too and they thought about it but decided not to and the head thought it was wrong of Notre Dame to be SCARED, not his wording but what he was saying. :thumb:Notre Dame plays no one even if they win tonight its still not that big of a win. Boyd plays Cookville, CPA, Fulton, Baylor, Tyner, Gordon Lee, and Red Bank. Notre Dame plays Polk, wow, and every goes man they beat a good team but Polk play no one also. Notre Dame is not a top team in chatt, their opponents record is 35-49. :lol:

Edited by BuckOSUeye

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't replying to you with that paragraph, but BuckOSUeye, who stated explicitly "Private schools are better, the kids that dont like private schools are the ones that have never been to one." I apologize for not making that clear.

I also took offense when you told Sarge earlier on in the topic, and again I quote, "By the way, you might want to take a shot at editing again. You missed several spelling and syntax errors - that old Ooltewah education bites, doesn't it?"

Compound that with flawed reasoning that Ooltewah has to play McCallie to prove their the best team in the area, and I think it's ridiculous. I don't know why we don't play private schools, but I don't think it's that big of a deal. Ooltewah's in one of the toughest regions in the state and doesn't need to schedule several other good matchups. One of the main problems is when big schools play good small schools, you have little to gain and a lot to lose. Ooltewah is much better served to go and play a team like Cookeville that is a 5A contender every year.

Would I like to see a McCallie-Ooltewah matchup? Definitely, and I don't anyone who wouldn't besides the administration. But I don't think it has much to do with fear, because Ooltewah does schedule tougher opponents.

That is the best way to put it and i agree with the statement "One of the main problems is when big schools play good small schools, you have little to gain and a lot to lose." I have no doubt that Ooltewah isnt afraid to play McCallie but most of the time coaches wont because they have nothing to gain and a lot to lose. This is why Boyd has so much trouble scheduling games.

That is the best way to put it and i agree with the statement "One of the main problems is when big schools play good small schools, you have little to gain and a lot to lose." I have no doubt that Ooltewah isnt afraid to play McCallie but most of the time coaches wont because they have nothing to gain and a lot to lose. This is why Boyd has so much trouble scheduling games.

Well put..

It sure is a shame that two of McCallie's three losses were to lowly public school teams. I suppose some of the problem could be associated to the sensitive McCallie players having to step on the field with the scum from the public schools.

It ought to be clear that the elite public schools, the Riverdales, Oak Ridges, and Maryvilles of the world are superior to the best private schools--this year anyway. Ooltewah has been very competitive with the best schools, so I would give them the edge.

By the way, those of you whining about China need to stop. Imports and exports only count for a 12 percent share of United States GDP. Everything is not made in China.

It ought to be clear that the elite public schools, the Riverdales, Oak Ridges, and Maryvilles of the world are superior to the best private schools--this year anyway.

Why should it be clear? Did those three schools play any private schools during the regular season?

Since you're such an expert, I'd like to hear an analysis of why, say, MUS would not be able to compete with Oak Ridge.

Actually Indian, Notre Dame was supposed to go to 2a with the multiplier but they decided to go ahead and move to 3a because they did not want to be in the same region as tyner and boyd. The head of TSSAA told Boyd they could go move up to 3a too and they thought about it but decided not to and the head thought it was wrong of Notre Dame to be SCARED, not his wording but what he was saying. :ph34r:Notre Dame plays no one even if they win tonight its still not that big of a win. Boyd plays Cookville, CPA, Fulton, Baylor, Tyner, Gordon Lee, and Red Bank. Notre Dame plays Polk, wow, and every goes man they beat a good team but Polk play no one also. Notre Dame is not a top team in chatt, their opponents record is 35-49. B)

They have about 500 students, more or less, x 1.8 placed them in 3A. Notre Dame beat everyone on their schedule, they totally shut down some of their opponents to around 75 or 50 yards of offense, that's good no matter who you play.

Actually with the multiplier, Notre Dame would have been 4A. The TSSAA had decided beforehand that no private school would have to move up 2 classes because of the multiplier. The Irish would have been 2A without it. And in my opinion, that was the right call on that subject.

They probably would have finished second in the Chattanooga area 4A region this year. As for other years, that remains to be seen.

Notre Dame wouldnt have finished ahead of Hixson. Notre Dame isnt really any good. Thats all there is to it.

Notre Dame beat Hixson this year, but don't let facts get in the way of a good argument. The above poster is right about the multiplier. ND technically could/should have been 4A, but no team is made to move up two divisions in one year.

ND is good. Maybe not Ooltewah good as far as talent top to bottom, but they are one third the size.

Why some of you feel the need to bring a team down to make your own favorite seem better is a shame. Only one Chattanooga team went undefeated. That's the goal of every team and ND accomplished it. Give em an attaboy and move on.