Wacky Region 5-2A

Scores from Tonight:

Ezell 55 CPA 52 4OT

DCA 24 Fairview 17

East Robertson 49 Goodpasture 46

FRA 28 Harpeth 14

Anybody got predictions for the rest of the season for this league?

Who wins it?

Big game next week with DCA/Goodpasture showdown. Who wins that?

Your guess is as good as mine. I give up predicting this region's games anymore. I thought if CPA scored 28 tonight, they would win and they gave up 52 (35 in regulation).

Based on what I saw from Ezell, they are a legit choice for champs at this point. Very hard to stop their offense. DCA will have the best chance with their very good DB's.

Of course, I'm pulling for DCA next week, since we have already beat you, and it will help CPA in the standings. But it should be a great game.

Guest catfish-hunter

Make that five schools tied for 1st. DCA, East Robertson, Ezell, Goodpasture and CPA. Next week should be very interesting! :thumb:

Behind those five teams are Fairview & FRA who are both 1-2 in the region (both have good overall records at 4-2). Three pretty good football teams are not playoff bound in this region.

That's bad when you look at Region 6-2A and see some of the teams still alive for a playoff bid in that region.

All I can say is that don't count Fairview out. We had a huge let down after having a 17-0 lead over DCA, but we will refocus and come out firing on all cylinders. We really have our backs against the wall, so look for some of the best played football from Fairview the rest of thet season.

If the final four region games play out like this Friday's games(upsets or near upsets), Fairview has an excellent chance of making it to the top four. IMO, Fairview's has the best schedule of the final four games and their win over Ezell could be a tie breaker win..