Region 6AA Week 7 Picks

@38320

Well guys it looks like 6-2a is not going to get any respect when it comes to the play-offs....everyone is overlooking this region so we are going to have to pick up the pace so we don't get shut out of the quarter finals. I think this region could surprise some come week#11 so let's play some hardnose football these next few weeks and give region 5 something to think about! :thumb:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter

Well guys it looks like 6-2a is not going to get any respect when it comes to the play-offs....everyone is overlooking this region so we are going to have to pick up the pace so we don't get shut out of the quarter finals. I think this region could surprise some come week#11 so let's play some hardnose football these next few weeks and give region 5 something to think about! :o

I'm one of those people sorry to say. Region 5-2A has about 7 teams that could host in the first round of the playoffs in they were in this region.

Top 3 Rushers as of 10-6-2005 in 5-2A & 6-2A

Football Rushing Leaders

6-2A

Name.............. School .......Carries .........Yds. .........TD

Chris Hatton .....Lewis Co. ....150............. 997 .........11

Josh Boyd .......Camden.........88..............909..........11

Hunter Smith.....Riverside......119..............860..........10

5-2A

Ryan Fields..........DCA................95.............665..........7

Carl Gettis...........Ezell Harding...106............605..........6

Michael Degalliford.....Fairview....88..............488..........3

Football Standings,6-2A

Team........Conf----Pct---Overall..Pct-------PF----PF/G----PA---PA/G

Lewis Co.. 5-0---1.000---5-2---0.710-----203----29.0---98----14.0

Camden ...4-0---1.000---4-2----0.670----206---34.3---106----17.6

Riverside.. 3-1---0.750---3-2----0.600----143----28.6---112----22.4

Waverly.... 2-2---0.500---3-3----0.500---105----17.5---118----19.6

Football Standings, 5-2A

Team...............Conf...Pct...Overall....Pct.........PF.....PF/G....PA....PA/G

Ezell-Harding....2-1----0.670--5-1----0.830--183---30.5---123---20.5

DCA..................2-1----0.670--5-1----0.830---158---26.3----95---15.8

East Robertson.2-1----0.670--4-2----0.670--230---38.3---165---27.5

Goodpasture.....2-1----0.670--3-3----0.500--229---38.1---160---26.6

Top 3 Rushers as of 10-6-2005 in 5-2A & 6-2A

Football Rushing Leaders

6-2A

Name.............. School .......Carries .........Yds. .........TD

Chris Hatton .....Lewis Co. ....150............. 997 .........11

Josh Boyd .......Camden.........88..............909..........11

Hunter Smith.....Riverside......119..............860..........10

5-2A

Ryan Fields..........DCA................95.............665..........7

Carl Gettis...........Ezell Harding...106............605..........6

Michael Degalliford.....Fairview....88..............488..........3

But can you come up with passing leaders?...that's where the story is...when you compare the two regions I have a feeling it will be a lot more lop-sided in the passing game in favor of 5-2a than the rushing game is lop-sided in favor of us :lol: ...can our secondaries handle it?....I think so but not many others are giving us a chance.

I'm one of those people sorry to say. Region 5-2A has about 7 teams that could host in the first round of the playoffs in they were in this region.

Seems to me I remember last year that no one gave anyone but Huntingdon credit in 6-2a...but if I remember 6-2a put 5-2a out before the quarters. I realize that we do have a weaker region from #4 down but all it takes is one to make it to the semi's and that could very well be a a top 3 team from 6-2a as much as it could be one of the 7 teams from region 5.

Seems to me I remember last year that no one gave anyone but Huntingdon credit in 6-2a...but if I remember 6-2a put 5-2a out before the quarters. I realize that we do have a weaker region from #4 down but all it takes is one to make it to the semi's and that could very well be a a top 3 team from 6-2a as much as it could be one of the 7 teams from region 5.

Yes, I totally agree. The secondaries in our region aren't used to seeing the pass like they do, but can they stop a running attack from Camden or Riverside? And, can they keep our DL and LBs off of the QB long enough for him to throw? We shall see come playoff time. I figure Fairview and Ezell will be headed to Camden and Riverside while Lewis Co. and Waverly/Richland will be headed to DCA and CPA. Coming to Camden and winning isn't always easy.

Yo gonna be at the game tonight? I'll see you there!

Camden rolls 42-14 over Adamsville

Riverside has no problem handing Perry Co. a 33-10 loss.

Lewis Co. has a little trouble with Waverly 28-14.

STEWART CO WITH A WIN OVER HOUSTON CO 18-14

and Richland beats Loretto 21-7....

so that leaves-1. Lewis Co. 6-0

2. Camden 5-0

3. Riverside 4-1

4. Richland 3-3

5. Loretto 2-3

5. Waverly 2-3

7. Adamsville 1-4

7. Stewart Co. 1-4

9. Houston Co. 0-6

Lewis Co., Camden, and Riverside are all a lock for the playoffs, barring anything unforseen, Richland gets in too. Camden goes to Waverly to try to lock up at least 3rd place, Lewis Co. host Riverside to lock up at least 2nd. If anyone of these three teams win out, they get the region crown. So, what's this gonna shake out to?