Region 2-5A....interesting!

I thought this was a football board. Intermural chess championships don't count in this discussion. There has been a whole generation of kids that have gone through Farragut and don't even remember beating OR. Farragut has 2-3 times the students as OR and most other schools and it's about time they fielded a competative team. I look forward to the match-up at OR.

Ole Dad

IMO- pepvol has a valid point. Farragut is a good team this year and has the size to match up against anyone but since it's been over 8+ years since they have won any Championship in Football.

Farragut has won over 20+ State Championships in other sports over the last 6 years but football has not stepped up to the next level. The size and income level of Farragut causes a lack of respect. Most folks figure if you have one of the largest schools in the area and winning Championships in other sports you should be doing it in the top marquee sport football.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought this was a football board. Intermural chess championships don't count in this discussion. There has been a whole generation of kids that have gone through Farragut and don't even remember beating OR. Farragut has 2-3 times the students as OR and most other schools and it's about time they fielded a competative team. I look forward to the match-up at OR.

Ole Dad

Ole Dad, your right about FHS and OR in football. I sure that chess has not become a TSSAA sport. Since OR and FHS are tied at 51 each on Championships /fianlist i'm sure they were not in chess. :justwrestle: :lol:

Thanks, I like being right every now and then.

Ole Dad

What's worse is that the Farragut Middle school age kids beat the Oak Ridge program most years during football season but when they get to the HS level things change. I know they lose some to other sports. It's got to be the coaching. :thumb:farragut.gif

Edited by rigger101

What's worse is that the Farragut Middle school age kids beat the Oak Ridge program most years during football season but when they get to the HS level things change. I know they lose some to other sports. It's got to be the coaching. :thumb:

Please lets stop talkin about middle school football

#1 Oak Ridge 10-0 (7-0) wins the Region again, hands down

#2 Farragut 8-2 (5-2) beats the Owls at home and head to head beat WB

#3 William Blount 8-2 (5-2) after OR, nobody on their schedule can beat them

#4 Ooltewah 7-3 (4-3) Can't beat OR, go to Farragut, lost to William Blount

Roll Cats Roll, see ya in week 3 (and DB is already much better than they were in early Sept)

Nothing has changed, and nothing will change!!

Here will be the final standings:

1.Oak Ridge(10-0, 7-0)

2.Ooltewah(8-2, 5-2)

3.Farragut(7-3, 5-2)

4.William Blount(6-4, 5-2)

Ooltewah will beat Farragut and cause a 3 way tie for 2nd place. Ooltewah will have the best overall record and will get 2nd place. Farragut will then get the 3rd seed because they beat WB head to head.

ooltewah lost to wb head to head and wont beat farragut

trkstrzmom,

Rigger normally has thoughtful posts on here. If you took the time to read it and understand it you would have seen his post was about the failure of FHS to beat ORHS even though in the younger grades they seem to be able to do so. His comments were exploring the reasons for that and asked if it may be the coaching. If that in some way offended you, you may want to spend time on some other type of board other than football.

Ole Dad

Please lets stop talkin about middle school football

Head to head goes away if there is a three way tie. I think Ooltewah will beat Farragut, I also think McMinn will beat Blount.

Most polls you look at have Farragut and Ooltewah within a couple of points of each other. Some polls have Farragut on top and others the Owls. Either way the teams are very similar in size and athletic ability.

Backfield-edge goes to Owls

QB-edge goes to Owls

Defensive line-Tie

LBs- Farragut (Reviez Boys)

DBs-tie

It should be a great game! :thumb:

Most polls you look at have Farragut and Ooltewah within a couple of points of each other. Some polls have Farragut on top and others the Owls. Either way the teams are very similar in size and athletic ability.

Backfield-edge goes to Owls

QB-edge goes to Owls

Defensive line-Tie

LBs- Farragut (Reviez Boys)

DBs-tie

It should be a great game! :thumb:

You were right on the first 2 but I'll take McDade Burke and Welch over any linebacker trio in state. DL and DB's aren't too shabby either.

You were right on the first 2 but I'll take McDade Burke and Welch over any linebacker trio in state. DL and DB's aren't too shabby either.

Well in that case the Ads want have a chance! :thumb: Just like last year and WB this year. :thumb:

The picture they had on CoachT of your LBs had one of your boys looking a little soft. The other kid was ripped! I know I saw the Cookeville Kid bust up the middle quite a few times. The great WB offense and Backs didn't move the ball up the middle on the Ads but you know what they did to the owls.

Edited by rigger101