Knox Catholic @ Knox Webb

Flyguy2100

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Webb has beat better teams than Catholic. (Which don't mean a whole lot) But I think Webb comes out on top in a real close one. They beat a good Powell team and a solid West team. Catholic hasn't beat a good team all year (AE is a decent team but not good)

Who, Pope John Paul II? Powell is 2-2 and I saw the Powell game, Powell beat themselves. West is a decent team but no where close to A-E's talent. Other than Powell Webb hasn't played any strong teams.

Webb has beat better teams than Catholic. (Which don't mean a whole lot) But I think Webb comes out on top in a real close one. They beat a good Powell team and a solid West team. Catholic hasn't beat a good team all year (AE is a decent team but not good)

Both Webb and Catholic have beaten every team they've played. Neither has played a top quality (read "Maryville", etc.) team, but both have played "good" teams. LA, AE and Smith Co., at least, qualify as "good" teams if Powell and West are "good". I'd take AE or LA against either Powell or West.

Both Webb and Catholic are fundamentally sound, well-coached, hard-playing and mentally sharp football teams. It will, as usual, be a great game between these neighbors.

Edited by hoya75

Both Webb and Catholic have beaten every team they've played. Neither has played a top quality (read "Maryville", etc.) team, but both have played "good" teams. LA, AE and Smith Co., at least, qualify as "good" teams if Powell and West are "good". I'd take AE or LA against either Powell or West.

Both Webb and Catholic are fundamentally sound, well-coached, hard-playing and mentally sharp football teams. It will, as usual, be a great game between these neighbors.

AE against Powell? You have got to be kidding me. That is one of the dumbest things that i have seen posted in a while. Didnt AE lose to karns. Didnt karns get killed by halls. Give me a break man.

Who, Pope John Paul II? Powell is 2-2 and I saw the Powell game, Powell beat themselves. West is a decent team but no where close to A-E's talent. Other than Powell Webb hasn't played any strong teams.

Powell lost to maryville and webb, just bc they are 2-2 doesnt mean they are not that good. How did powell beat themselves against webb? The yardage was practically the same and the incredible cody watts had seven yards rushing. You dont know what you are talkin about.

I've played in and watched this rivalry for over 35years. This might be the BIGGEST and BEST match-up in this rivalry in decades, maybe ever. I have watched both play every week and this will definately be a fun one. Both teams have an outstanding running game and coaching to go along with it. However, both teams have great rush defenses. I think the key to this one will be passing. The team who can open up the passing game will win. Catholic's #12 definately has the advantage bw the two QB's and he has many many more options to throw to. Webb's #7 has not read or had to read a defense this year and his routs are limited. (Only one receiver at a time - two max) KCHS' #12 has proven he can read any defense they have played against.

All in All, passing is the key and Catholic has the upper hand. Any thoughts?

Powell lost to maryville and webb, just bc they are 2-2 doesnt mean they are not that good. How did powell beat themselves against webb? The yardage was practically the same and the incredible cody watts had seven yards rushing. You dont know what you are talkin about.

Can you not read. I said Powell was the best team that Webb played. If Powell had played up to their potential they should have beat Webb easily. I'm not knocking their record because they do play in a very hard region. So calm Down!