Howard vs Tyner

THS7758

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, now the next question. Who is gonna win? Will Tyner repeat the Brainerd game, hope not? Just another one of those neighborhood battle games. Go Rams!

I dont think this is as much of a rivarly game as Brainerd, plus we have already experienced what can happen if you are not focused. I see that Rams running all over Howard. They have improved, but still not good enough to beat a well playing Tyner team.

Tyner 35

Howard 14

Edited by Tynerfan99

I dont think this is as much of a rivarly game as Brainerd, plus we have already experienced what can happen if you are not focuesed. I see that Rams running all over Howard. They have improved, but still not good enough to beat a well playing Tyner team.

Tyner 35

Howard 14

...Another "speed" team that the RAMS must face...I believe Coach Turner will get them ready even though he was "angry" after the Sequatchie game...the 3rd quarter has been a problem for Tyner for the past two games...as you recall Fulton gained momentum by scoring and so did S.C...the focus needs to be put into the 3rd quarter by putting teams away...I still think they will win Friday as long as they don't get into any "head" games with Howard...the Tigers do have a big-play threat with Ford!!!

in the past few games me and other people have noticed that when the band stops playing in the third quarter the team stops but when the band starts back in the fourth tyner slowly gets going again. i also noticed that the band doesnt play while the other team has the ball they did it all last year and beleive me it helps the team when the other team cant hear the snap count and start moving backwards. i was told that the new band director thinks its not nice. who cares about nice tell him to grow up and act like a man keep the band playing all night long an the rams will start rollin again like years past. i just dont understand why a great band that gets so many compalments doesnt play all game.

in the past few games me and other people have noticed that when the band stops playing in the third quarter the team stops but when the band starts back in the fourth tyner slowly gets going again. i also noticed that the band doesnt play while the other team has the ball they did it all last year and beleive me it helps the team when the other team cant hear the snap count and start moving backwards. i was told that the new band director thinks its not nice. who cares about nice tell him to grow up and act like a man keep the band playing all night long an the rams will start rollin again like years past. i just dont understand why a great band that gets so many compalments doesnt play all game.

From what I noticed, the band takes their break after the halftime show. But I do not know why they take the whole quarter off.

...Another "speed" team that the RAMS must face...I believe Coach Turner will get them ready even though he was "angry" after the Sequatchie game...the 3rd quarter has been a problem for Tyner for the past two games...as you recall Fulton gained momentum by scoring and so did S.C...the focus needs to be put into the 3rd quarter by putting teams away...I still think they will win Friday as long as they don't get into any "head" games with Howard...the Tigers do have a big-play threat with Ford!!!

I didn't think he should have been angry, his team had 1 turnover, 4 minor penalties for around 30 yards, scored 35 on a team that had allowed 35 all year, only one dropped pass-that would have only been about a 10 yard gain. Tyner kicked all 5 extra points, had 2 punts of 50 yards, and kicked to or near the end zone on every kickoff. They converted several third and fourth downs, was very sharp getting the ball down field and players ready to score with 1 second in the first half on 1-yard pass. I thought Tyner played well. The other team had 5 turnovers, a huge drop behind the defensive backs, and I didn't think played as well as they could have, gave Tyner the ball at the 20 once and had a defender make a great play to result in a interception TD. Final might not have been different regardless. As for Friday I say 28-6.

Edited by Indian

This is what I know, my brother is one of the section leaders in the band and I have talked to him about this several times. I also noticed that the band stopped playing in the third quarter the past two games and both have not been good as far as Tyner football standards go. Anyway, the band has asked for part of the 3rd quarter off to get drinks, snacks, see family, etc..... and what KID shouldn't be allowed to enjoy themselves at some point during the game. I know the band helps the team but they cant be the cause of the team playing flat coming out of halftime.

AND the main point of this, I told my brother that they really needed to play when the other team has the ball. The band director has been asked by several members of the coaching staff to stop playing when the other team has the ball. They were playing at the Marion County game when Marion had the ball and several members of the coaching staff turned to the band telling them to be quiet. I saw this myself. The explanation was that the DEFENSE couldnt hear the snapcount and they were afraid we were going to jump offsides. You would think that it would be the other way around, but this is what the coaching staff has asked, and who is a first year band director not to listen to the TYNER COACHING STAFF.

The comments toward Mr. Barber about being a man and not being nice were not needed. Support your team and your band, but please remember those are KIDS, and what you hear from other people isnt always the truth. :thumb:

I didn't think he should have been angry, his team had 1 turnover, 4 minor penalties for around 30 yards, scored 35 on a team that had allowed 35 all year, only one dropped pass-that would have only been about a 10 yard gain. Tyner kicked all 5 extra points, had 2 punts of 50 yards, and kicked to or near the end zone on every kickoff. They converted several third and fourth downs, was very sharp getting the ball down field and players ready to score with 1 second in the first half on 1-yard pass. I thought Tyner played well. The other team had 5 turnovers, a huge drop behind the defensive backs, and I didn't think played as well as they could have, gave Tyner the ball at the 20 once and had a defender make a great play to result in a interception TD. Final might not have been different regardless. As for Friday I say 28-6.

...Good points, however I think Coach Turner wants his team to give 150%...he wants them to play hard for 4 quarters...he's with them every evening and he knows strengths & weakness...with the teams that have come thru Tyner I really think he feels this could be one of the best...the mentality thing is what he is frustrated about...I too think they did really good the other night...I try my best to not compare them with other RAM teams because every year is different...I can say this...if they can manage to focus like the '97 and the '99 teams they can go a long way in 2005!!!

...Rams by 24

I agree with TYNERRAMFAN, there are small things that they can work on now that will prepare them for a deep run in the playoffs. For instance I noticed the other night on a 3rd and long play that Craddock was in the shotgun and the center hiked it low, and Craddock had to pick the ball up, by the time he did this, there was the rush and he escaped for a 5 or 6 yard gain, thus having to punt the ball. Coach Turner got in the face of the center, telling him how important it was on 3rd down to get the ball back there. (not in those words exactly :thumb: ), but small things go along way. I agree that this is one of the more talented teams. This group of ballplayers seem to be TOGETHER. That is very exciting to watch.