Maryville vs West

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last 3 weeks have been big for Maryville. Powell, William Blount and Central were all games that Maryville could have lost if they were not ready to play. I hope that GQ will be able to clear off the bench on Friday but West will not lay down and roll over.

Maryville knows what needs to be done over the next 4 weeks. Win and stay home through the 3ed round or goof around and you might have to travel. The Halls game will be a tuff game also. Halls believe's they are going to win and they are playing together.

Maryville 42

K West 21

West will not score 21 points on our 1st defense. They will keep the starters in and score on our reserves but that is OK. The 2's and 3's need work and it will make them better for next year.

Trojandad2006, you have got to be kidding that West defense is faster that Knox.Central? Halls played West and their speed did not impress Halls. In fact looking at the stats from that game West was pretty much shut down in that game. (Check prepextra)Maybe you are just now seeing the BEST region in the state 3-4AAAA. Great teams and great coaching. K West may make the playoffs but it is a tough road for them. Maryville takes this game hands down. Maryville really only has one test left in the region which is Halls in two weeks.

This is always a dangerous game for MHS. We always get a fired up, physical West team that has nothing to lose, as we're coming off an emotional game like Powell or Central. We never seem to take West as seriously as we should and West really wants to give me a reason to not call them the Lil Rebs anymore :thumb:

That said, MHS always finds a way to win this ballgame. BUT, remember folks, this is a West team that just took 6-0 MoWest to overtime. West is improved.

Nooneparticular....insert your laughs here please... ;)

Well... NoOne would like to display his laughs in this forum because West is simply awful. But he cant because every post he makes is being read by the moderator and cant get a post put up... I guess you'll just have to rely on me for awhile :justwrestle: Any how, West doesn't stand a chance and maryville will blow them out of the water. This maryville offense will be running on all cyclinders do to the sloppy play at Central, I would bet GQ will have the quirks fixed out for this week's game on the offensive side. As for the defense, West better just get used to the fact that they wont score until the 3rd quarter because that's when the sub's will come in, but I would be surprised to see many points given up do to maryville's great depth. However they are inexperienced so I'd look for West to put up a few late in the game. But maryville will win big!

MHS 42

West 14

Well Maryville is rotating players on every series, reguardless of what stage the game is in. The staff has confidence in about 11-12 kids, who may not start but could any night vs. any opponet. Good problem to have and the best thing, Maryville's two deep "D" is healthy after a tough last three games.

Maryville's offence really needs to get on track and stop making mistakes. Putting the ball on the ground deep in your opponets red zone is the worst of turnovers in football. The playmakes who get all the press and points, need to step it up and protect the mellon. If the "O" does not get on tract, it will be a short road in the playoffs. I have every bit of confidence that GQ and staff will fix this, as they have everytime before.

The defence is good enough to get Maryville deep into the play offs, but they can't continue to cover for these mistakes vs. good teams like Central and a few others Maryville will face in the play-offs. Central will be foaming at the mouth to get another shot at Maryville, and they deserve it.

Maryville will use Knox West to get the "O" ready for Halls.