Playoff Question

Pauladcc

All I know is whoever the number 1 is in Region 6 has a good shot of going home on the first week, especially if a team like East Robertson comes into Camden. Thing is you West Tennessee people can't except the idea there may be a region tougher out their than yours, and this year it is true. Having seen East Robertson play they could beat any team in Region 7, yes I said it they could beat anyteam in Region 7 right now. But playoff time is awhile a away, but I predict you will see the mulitplier come into effect this year, and for those who use USJ as an example, everyone knows they are way down this year.

Well Gerry us "West TN" people have good reason to think like we do....you have to go all the way back to 1996 to find anyone out of region 5 who has even made it out of the quarter finals and that was Goodpasture. In 2002 Mitchell played Mckenzie in the semi's but outside of those two years, out of the last 9 years, regions 6 & 7 have dominated this side of the bracket. So you think that this year will be different because region 5 has a new look?...well guess what ? Region 7 does too and they've been playing with the "Big" boys for a long time now.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The guys from region 6 just dont get it yet.

What is there to get?...we know we have a weaker region and that it will be tough for us to hang out until the quarters but I guarantee region 5 won't have a cake-walk into the semi's...it has been stated by me and many others on this forum . The comment was made about 5 being tougher than 7 and I, and others disagreed with good reason. I tell you what... I'll let you know which region is tougher because Camden will have played the top of both region 5 and region 7 this year. But until region 5 shows me different I'll still go with region 7 as the toughest.

Edited by Lions4ever

Ha. <sarcasm>

Let's get done with the season. People who tend to look too far into the future usually have their own hot lines. Teams that look too far into the future usually lose the game they are supposed to play that week.

When the TSSAA puts out the bracket, then we can talk about what we can do.

B)

Well Gerry us "West TN" people have good reason to think like we do....you have to go all the way back to 1996 to find anyone out of region 5 who has even made it out of the quarter finals and that was Goodpasture. In 2002 Mitchell played Mckenzie in the semi's but outside of those two years, out of the last 9 years, regions 6 & 7 have dominated this side of the bracket. So you think that this year will be different because region 5 has a new look?...well guess what ? Region 7 does too and they've been playing with the "Big" boys for a long time now.

Goodpasture and East Robertson were in Region 4 and played Region 3 teams not Region 6.

Man it amazes me how clueless West TN fans are when it comes to football in Middle and East Tennessee. Fairview and Harpeth are the only teams left that have played in region 5 before. And with this new look region comes 6 Gold balls since 1999 compared to Region 7's 3. So unlike the old region 5 these new teams know what it takes to win a state championship. They have the athletes to match Region 7 and we all know that has been the difference between Region 5 and the West TN regions in the past, they were just too fast and had more athletes. Well that isn't the case anymore. "Big" boys huh, I guess CPA playing teams like Riverdale and MBA isn't considered playing with the big boys. I don't see Milan, Westview, or Huntingdon calling MUS or Melrose trying to schedule a game. If you want to be naive and think this is the same region 5 of the past then go ahead and think that. Ask Fairview and Harpeth and they will tell you that this region is better than the previous region because of better athletes, better coaching, and better fan support. Just wait till November and you will see.

Man it amazes me how clueless West TN fans are when it comes to football in Middle and East Tennessee. Fairview and Harpeth are the only teams left that have played in region 5 before. And with this new look region comes 6 Gold balls since 1999 compared to Region 7's 3. So unlike the old region 5 these new teams know what it takes to win a state championship. They have the athletes to match Region 7 and we all know that has been the difference between Region 5 and the West TN regions in the past, they were just too fast and had more athletes. Well that isn't the case anymore. "Big" boys huh, I guess CPA playing teams like Riverdale and MBA isn't considered playing with the big boys. I don't see Milan, Westview, or Huntingdon calling MUS or Melrose trying to schedule a game. If you want to be naive and think this is the same region 5 of the past then go ahead and think that. Ask Fairview and Harpeth and they will tell you that this region is better than the previous region because of better athletes, better coaching, and better fan support. Just wait till November and you will see.

As I was reading these posts I had the same response.

Clueless huh?...well this comes from the same guy that had a lot to say about the the playoffs last year and ate crow for about 3 long weeks. Believe it or not we aren't stupid on this side of the river and we know that region 5 is absolutely 10x better than they have been in past years...no one is saying that they aren't. We can get into the same argument over and over again about how West Tn doesn't have to schedule up to get competition because they have plenty right in their own backyards but I'll save my fingers and spare everyone else a fruitless argument that we will agree to disagree on. Time for me to let this one go and we can discuss it more around week 11&12 ok? :huh:

Edited by Lions4ever

Goodpasture and East Robertson were in Region 4 and played Region 3 teams not Region 6.

No maam they weren't in region 4 ,they played teams from region 6&7....Goodpasture played Trenton-Peabody in round 2, Westview in the quarters, Huntingdon in the semi's and lost to Knox-Webb in the finals. Goodpasture represented the west then which would have put them in Region 5.