Is this the year?

WHHS1975

Ok, ok. First let me make a disclaimer: Not a coach or player (which is obvious by the user name) and I know the players don't need to look ahead. But in my mind, I've pretty well booked the games of White House against Station Camp and Dekalb, and am hoping for the best in tonights game with PC, but in this weather, their record and homefield advantage, will not be surprised at anything. My mind keeps wandering down the road to that infamous Bobcat-Devil brawl. The Cats seem to be doing pretty good right now and a little tougher beast to deal with than SC or Dekalb, altho I haven't seen any of them this year. Talk around work here is that this might be the year that Greenbrier pulls it over.

Not going on past seasons, records and all that, but considering what both teams have NOW, what's your opinion?

Guest catfish-hunter

WH played a great PC team tough tonight. Greenbrier basically beat Sycamore by nearly the same margain that WH did last week. The Bobcats get PC next week!!!

When these two play in week ten a lot will be a stake besides pride and breaking a losing streak. Both teams are good and I would not be shocked if they played in the postseason as well as their aniticipated war in week ten.

• 2 weeks later...

The Bobcats seem to have come into their own. They seem to be only getting stronger. White House seems back on track, but comparing White House's loss to Pearl Cohn and Greenbrier's shutout at Pearl Cohn, I feel that not only they are growinig in strength, but in confidence. Who knows? This could be the year. We'll see next week.

Good luck to both teams.

Greenbrier will have their hands full.

I hope we have our hands full of a big W!

Isn't there a keg or totem pole or something of value that should be held by the winning team every year from this rivalry? Of course, I guess WH could have pretty much cast theirs in concrete and glass for the past, what, 23 years or so? Remember, though: Streaks are made to be broken...they say. They also say, "if you forget the past, you're doomed to repeat it." Lord, please! Let us never forget!

This game will be a good one because there's annual neighborly pride and incentive on both sides. It's Vandy-UT, Auburn-Bama, Florida-Fla. St.-Miami. It's coffee shop, hay field and message board chatter. But, really, nothin' matters except THAT particular Friday night between 7 and 9:30pm. Heck, I'm gettin' excited and we ain't even played Macon Co. yet. Glad I ain't a player. Coach'd bench my butt for thinkin' ahead! Pray for some of this good weather to last.

Good luck to both teams. Go Cats! :thumb:

I hope we have our hands full of a big W!

Isn't there a keg or totem pole or something of value that should be held by the winning team every year from this rivalry? Of course, I guess WH could have pretty much cast theirs in concrete and glass for the past, what, 23 years or so? Remember, though: Streaks are made to be broken...they say. They also say, "if you forget the past, you're doomed to repeat it." Lord, please! Let us never forget!

This game will be a good one because there's annual neighborly pride and incentive on both sides. It's Vandy-UT, Auburn-Bama, Florida-Fla. St.-Miami. It's coffee shop, hay field and message board chatter. But, really, nothin' matters except THAT particular Friday night between 7 and 9:30pm. Heck, I'm gettin' excited and we ain't even played Macon Co. yet. Glad I ain't a player. Coach'd bench my butt for thinkin' ahead! Pray for some of this good weather to last.

Good luck to both teams. Go Cats! :thumb:

Hey! I agree. We should have a Blue and Green Survivor trophy! A hatchet that gets buried after every win--

:P

Somehow goblue's post has disappeared???

Greenbrier is playing like a team with a mission. I don't think they've come this far, and fought this hard to let them be "another Bobcat team that lost to White House". These boys know what they want and they know how to get there. They are in the drivers seat and they have got a death grip on that steering wheel.

WE believe in THE Bobcats. "Nobody--but nobody...." Well, you Bobcat fans know the rest. Let's get ready to RUMBLE!

Edited by GreenbrierCat2