Ooltewah vs Farragut

Bobble

there was good tackling...after 8 yards...caldwell had over 80 yards in the first half and farraguts back had over 70 i believe in the first..dont know about you but those are pretty good first half stats, the run was there for both teams, its just the pass was there more for the ads haha..i would like to have seen different play calling from ooltewah i thought that killed them, there were no short routes most of the time, just run deep and throw it, no one coming across the middle underneath or anything, oh well, farragut still played a great game

I thought the Owls could be beat by some big points by a good passing team. I didn't think that would be Farragut! It was a good game to watch!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Owls turned the ball over 6 times I believe, 4 INT's and two fumbles. It was a good game alot closer than the score indicates. I think Ooltewah should have been up 21-7 at half. Monroe went away from the run on the first drive and then it stalled. In my opinion if we had kept running the ball right at them on that drive we would have scored. Woods had a rough night, probably the worst I have seen since his game against Farragut last year. Hats off to Farraguts "D" they did keep the heat on him all night. We did score right before the half, Caldwell fumbled after he was in the endzone, refs didn't see it that way, farraguts ball. (Not whinning just a fact) 7-7 half time score. I think Farragut had to be feeling very fortunate to be tied at half. Ooltewah gets the ball to start the second half, we end up getting a penalty because "we" can't decide what formation "we" want to run on the first play of the second half. End up third and long half to throw, INT returned inside the 15, Farraguts scores in 6 plays. Owls get the ball back, can't move the ball, punt shank. Farragut gets it can't move the ball, they punt it dead inside the five. You starting to get the picture, Farragut made the plays, did not turn the ball over, played a solid all round game, deserved to win. Ooltewah made way to many costly mistakes, turnovers, Farragut started three drives in Ooltewah territory. Offensively still having trouble getting plays in and getting the right personnel on the field. Very disappointing loss. Tough week ahead. The Cats roll into town next Friday. Got to put this one behind you boys. Congrats to Farragut and good luck the rest of the way.

Well, I'll hand it to Farragut... Ooltewah yet again with more injuries and seemed worn down, but theres no excuse for some of the turnovers and whatnot. Oh well, next week is another big game and hopefully the Owls can find some redemption against Oak Ridge... it'll take a lot but I have confidence in them. The drive from Lexington was worth it to see some old friends... ;)

Both teams were pretty evenly matched skill wise..... The only difference was the fact that Ooltewah turned the ball over so many times. You can't win a game when a quarterback throws 4 INTs and fumbles the ball.... Zack Woods uncharacteristically did not play well... but he will put this behind him I am sure and get ready for Oak Ridge next week.

Both teams were pretty evenly matched skill wise..... The only difference was the fact that Ooltewah turned the ball over so many times. You can't win a game when a quarterback throws 4 INTs and fumbles the ball.... Zack Woods uncharacteristically did not play well... but he will put this behind him I am sure and get ready for Oak Ridge next week.

Yeah , I agree! Look a the clip and tell me whos in the backfield when he throws one of the interceptions? # 45

Reviez is a play maker!

ps - GREAT HOME FIELD SUPPORT!

Edited by rigger101

The game was really close in the first half and Ooltewah could have been up if not for turnovers. However, the second half defiantely shows that Ooltewah shouldn't even be on the same field as Farragut. They talked a lot of smack, and it came back around. The got smacked! Big time. They also imploded at the end of the game yelling at each other and getting thrown out of the game. If they thought they could win, at least they should have kept their mouths shut so things like that don't happen to them. A dominating performance by the ADs.

The game was really close in the first half and Ooltewah could have been up if not for turnovers. However, the second half defiantely shows that Ooltewah shouldn't even be on the same field as Farragut. They talked a lot of smack, and it came back around. The got smacked! Big time. They also imploded at the end of the game yelling at each other and getting thrown out of the game. If they thought they could win, at least they should have kept their mouths shut so things like that don't happen to them. A dominating performance by the ADs.

I wouldn’t agree with that, of course I wasn't on the field. I don't think it was a given until the go-ahead touchdown in the fourth. From the stands, it looked like they never gave up.

I hope that the Ads don't let this win go to their heads or they could end up loosing their last two games. I would never say that the Owls shouldn't have been on the same field. The stats prove that wrong and they beat a very good Cookeville team that’s rated higher than Farragut is.

Part of being a champion is a little Humility. Learn from #45.

Yeah , I agree! Look a the clip and tell me whos in the backfield when he throws one of the interceptions? # 45

Reviez is a play maker!

ps - GREAT HOME FIELD SUPPORT!

I really dont agree that #45 is all he is talked up to be. He is one heck of a wrestler though. But I saw him get easily blocked on all the plays up the middle by Center Matt Neil and Gaurd Mike Hill. I also saw Matt Neil pancake him in the endzone on the fumble by Caldwell, even though he was already over the line when he fumbled