SMITH COUNTY vs. Westmoreland

Antwan

Wrong Again ANTWAN!!!!!!!! Week 1

Friendship 35

Davidson Academy 14

Last time I checked Davidson Academy was Division 2

When is the last time Smith Co scheduled a private school like Davidson Academy, Donelson Christian, Ezell Harding, CPA, FRA, Boyd Buchannon?

Answer: Never, because they are scared of the result. It's a little easier playing Redneck Co. or a cross county rival that has half the # of students of Smith Co but twice the # of Clinic Bowl appearances.

Pray that your beloved owls don't make it far enough into the playoffs to square off against one of the multiplier effect privates because we all remember the days where Rankins Owls were 10-0, 9-1, and getting spanked regularly in the playoffs by BA. That was the last time the owls played a private school!

By the way I like that .500 record that Smith Co has against Class 1A teams this year!

We scheduled BGA for two years and beat them both times. We lost in the playoffs those years to Marion, Sequatchie, Sweetwater or Austin East.

Edited by OWLSRULE

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friendship 35

Davidson Academy 14

When is the last time Smith Co scheduled a private school like Davidson Academy, Donelson Christian, Ezell Harding, CPA, FRA, Boyd Buchannon?

Answer: Never, because they are scared of the result. It's a little easier playing Redneck Co. or a cross county rival that has half the # of students of Smith Co but twice the # of Clinic Bowl appearances.

Pray that your beloved owls don't make it far enough into the playoffs to square off against one of the multiplier effect privates because we all remember the days where Rankins Owls were 10-0, 9-1, and getting spanked regularly in the playoffs by BA. That was the last time the owls played a private school!

By the way I like that .500 record that Smith Co has against Class 1A teams this year!

So basically speak on what you know!!! :thumb:

'Preciate it and ditto to you guys.

If FCS only played the two teams from 1A that we do, they would have the same record. So, what's your point? We lost to the #1 team in 1A, lots of teams are going to do that. They beat Livingston Academy too, a 3A team that's doing pretty well in one of the toughest regions in the state. So, what EXACTLY are you trying to say, volchump?

Edited by OWLSRULE

This Game is for the Region Championship. I expect both teams to be very well prepared. I expect to see some good fundamental high school football. With that being said, I expect the OWLS to get the same "NOT SO HOME COOKING" they always do. That will be enough to keep the game close.

OWLS STILL WIN :lol:

Friendship 35

Davidson Academy 14

I don't consider DII-AA as good as DI anything...this season anyway. The last private school we scheduled was Catholic in week 0...because another private school about 25 miles west of us was too scared to play us. Actually...we have never played BA either. We did try to schedule some of the other teams mentioned. They wouldn't play us either for whatever reason. I don't think your record against TC or Gordansville will be .500 after the playoffs. At least you are consistent...every point you made was incorrect.

I guess Upperman and Cannon County do need competition for that 4th spot :lol:

I think that if Trousdale wants competition they are gonna have to move back to 3A

Yeah, the Upperman/Cannon game is going to decide it all for that 4th spot. Anyone have a opinion on who will take that spot?

Trousdale will never do that again. They like spanking up on all those teams. But, I can't say that I blame them. I mean after all, they are just playing schools that are the same in size as they are. It's not like they have an unfair advantage.

That was a good game. I'm thinking it was moved to Tech because of Smith's field being unplayable, that was the right thing to do unlike Upperman, which practiced all week on a field with litterally no grass and took advantage of being used to it, in the playoffs the year before (third round).

32-0!!! I hardly think that the playing conditions had any affect on the outcome. And WE didn't practice on that field all week thank you. We had to play on our field week 10 - the fourth round. When it rains every day for a month, and you play at home every Friday night, how do you think the field is gonna look? Besides, it looked better when we played you, should have seen it first round against whitwell, and round 2 against sweetwater.

I think the night chickens win a close game. The night chickens size will wear down the red chickens. The night chickens have a better kicking game. That will be the differents, a field goal or missed xtra point.

I dont agree...i think the size difference will be in favor of westmoreland. Yes SC out wieghs us by alot....but we dont wear down as fast....I think were in better shape. During the sequieche game westmoreland had the ball for a little more then 7 minutes straight in the third quarter and eventually scored...so i dont think we will wear down quicker i feel like in the fourth quarter the best conditioned team will win and i feel like that will be westmoreland