Gallatin at Hunters Lane

Verb58

With Hunters lane getting their first win last week and Gallatin not playing well, what does this game hold for each team. Hillwood seems to be the cure to what ails in 5-5A.

With 3 games to go in the region no team has really seperated itself from the other yet. This should take place this week or it could be more cloudy. As of today its' McG, Gallatin, Antioch and Overton in line for playoffs in that order...McG hits the meat of thier schedule these next 3 games while the other 3 still have 2 games with the spoilers of the region. Not to say that these teams couldn't go a run and get into the playoffs

I look for HL to show up with confidence in this game and will give Gallatin more than they bargin for. Gallatin has got to get back to playing as a team. This last weekwe came up short in all 3 phases of the game. We really need to work on those turnovers. As good as Overton was that many giveaways will not beat anybody. I know HLHS would not have thought HL would be 1-6 at this point I know I didn't. This should be a big game for both teams. Lots riding at stake in this game.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I will start things off where they need to be, then move on to bigger matters. Gallatin still does have decent conditioning, and should tire this team out. I say Gallatin by at least a couple touchdowns. Now, I have heard alot of grumblings around town, and I will be the voice of them.... Lassiter needs to pack his stuff and go. I'm not concerned about the WC loss... They were a good team. And Overton wasn't terrible either. But goodness, if you can't develop raw talent like the group that he has... He has no business calling plays and coaching a team. Most coaches realize that when something is not working, you alter your gameplan. But not coach lassiter... Nope, we're gonna run out of shotgun until it works. Well I'll let ya in on a little secret, it only works against bad teams. Yes, Lassiter can win some games. But that's all he does. He can't win big ones, and he has yet to coach a state championship team. Now some teams may be okay with that, but I'm from Gallatin... And we aren't ready to get accustomed to that. Calvin Short, Please hear our cry!!!

Well, I will start things off where they need to be, then move on to bigger matters. Gallatin still does have decent conditioning, and should tire this team out. I say Gallatin by at least a couple touchdowns. Now, I have heard alot of grumblings around town, and I will be the voice of them.... Lassiter needs to pack his stuff and go. I'm not concerned about the WC loss... They were a good team. And Overton wasn't terrible either. But goodness, if you can't develop raw talent like the group that he has... He has no business calling plays and coaching a team. Most coaches realize that when something is not working, you alter your gameplan. But not coach lassiter... Nope, we're gonna run out of shotgun until it works. Well I'll let ya in on a little secret, it only works against bad teams. Yes, Lassiter can win some games. But that's all he does. He can't win big ones, and he has yet to coach a state championship team. Now some teams may be okay with that, but I'm from Gallatin... And we aren't ready to get accustomed to that. Calvin Short, Please hear our cry!!!

Ease up on Coach. He and his staff are doing a good job. The WC game was very close, closer than the score even showed. The Overton game was lost because of turnovers. Last I checked Coach didn't carry the ball any. We beat a good Antioch team and we should win out. I will take 8-2 every year.

Calvin Short was great, but so was (fill in the blank) at (pick a school)! Almost all schools go through cycles. We are in one now and we still pretty darn good. Time moves on and so should you.

WAVE Bye Bye Warriors

Ease up on Coach. He and his staff are doing a good job. The WC game was very close, closer than the score even showed. The Overton game was lost because of turnovers. Last I checked Coach didn't carry the ball any. We beat a good Antioch team and we should win out. I will take 8-2 every year.

Amen...Robert isn't going anywhere. We new heading into this year that we would be led by Juinors and sometimes games like this happen. This is the time for all the woodwork fans to come out and go on a road game, this team deserves to be supported on the road as well as at home the crowd we had at Overton was NOT acceptable to me we need more than just the fair weather fans we need the die hard Greenwave faithful at ALL games.

Edited by wave88

Coach Robert is one of the best coaches in Tn. You really have not stated any real reasons to get rid of a coach. Most parents and grandparents would love for their kids to play for a coach of Coach Robert's character. Good luck this week.

No, most kids don't want to play for Lassiter. I have talked to most kids. They aren't happy with his play calling either... Watch him in a clutch situation. He doesn't even look at the clock. I saw him sending in receivers last week with 4 seconds on the clock, ticking the whole time. I think this attitude of "Well, he is a good coach, and we are still a pretty good team" aren't good enough. He did this at Hendersonville, White House, and two other teams. All of which, got a new coach and within 5 years competed in a state championship. There are huge problems that start at head of Gallatin Football, so we need to do something about it. Now guys, I will withdraw all of this if you can honestly tell me that WC and Overton had more talent and ability than us.... I didn't think so. The reasons for our losses are not solely, but mostly because of coaching. He needs to go, I will not change my stance on the matter.