JCHS

patsfan123

You are a CLASS A ONE LIAR!! Coach U was NEVER asked to leave Oakland. In fact, he was offered the head job at SIEGEL and turned it down. Secondly, we had THIRTY THREE players on the team AFTER losing SEVENTEEN players to SIEGEL, a new 5A HS built exactly THREE miles from Oakland, when it opened due to changing of ZONE lines. SOOOOO...if you can't sem to get BASIC facts right about OAKLAND....how can ANYONE believe a WORD out of your MOUTH????

BTW ask any senior at RIVERDALE if Rankin helps them get scholarsips...they will give you an EMPHATIC NO!! he had a Meeting with them telling them he didn't have time to talk to recruiters and it wasn't his job to help them get scholarships. So do you consider him a good coach with his 4 state champ rings?

Well since Marty is so liked in Oakland then why is he here where he is not even wanted? Why would anyone turn down a head coaching job for Jeff. Co. when everyone supposedly as you are making it out to be likes him there? I just don't understand how everyone down in JC got the story that he was asked to leave Oakland? About the scholarships issue...that is only one thing that is the problem. It doesn't matter how many rings he has...the boys don't deserve to be treated the way he treats them. It isn't about discipline...its about what is morally right. These boys have been playin football all their life...they are disciplined but enough of marty's crap is enough. MAybe he was a good coach in Oakland but as far as JC he isn't doing the job.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2priceless,

I guess you guys read the post like I did. Sour grapes from "Daddy's little boy" not getting the scholship he deserved. I bet you that is where the discontent is coming from. Him, and a few more just like him.

Ole Dad

Actually...how could all these guys be sour grapes not getting scholarships when they aren't even seniors? There was 1 senior who quit. The rest were sophomores and juniors...A few? Try 9 off the team as of the end of school today...after practice I dunno what happened..guess the news will be out shortly though. When you take 9 off a team of near 40...that's a pretty big amount. The rest just won't admit to signin the petition as of right now.....

Do NOT speak of what you do not know. You HAVE absolutely No clue about anything at Oakland. Marty was NEVER asked to leave our school. He is still held in the HIGHEST esteem. We appreciated his DISCIPLINE and You can BET that the other 3 coaches that he wanted to bring with him to JC are breathing a HUGE sigh of relief that they didn't wish to UPROOT their families and go there. Coach U went to Jeff County to be close to his Father who is in poor health. His Father did not wish to move to the Boro, so Marty sacrificed and looked for a job there to take care of his Father. What is SAD is that he has an innocent daughter at JHSC that is bearing the brunt of all your foolishness. NOT that ANY of that info is any of your business tho. So do NOT utter the word OAKLAND in ANY more of your BLUBBERING.

priceless,

Like I said, it is apparent that this is the work of some clueless, classless, uneducated few disgruntled parents that are influencing the fragile minds of some young impressonable boys and now the crap is hitting the fan. The good news is that the crap will blow back in the faces of the perpetrators of this vicious attack and they will in the end be the sufferers. Normally a community sees through the ruse set up by people like this quickly. Stay tuned.

Ole Dad

Do NOT speak of what you do not know. You HAVE absolutely No clue about anything at Oakland. Marty was NEVER asked to leave our school. He is still held in the HIGHEST esteem. We appreciated his DISCIPLINE and You can BET that the other 3 coaches that he wanted to bring with him to JC are breathing a HUGE sigh of relief that they didn't wish to UPROOT their families and go there. Coach U went to Jeff County to be close to his Father who is in poor health. His Father did not wish to move to the Boro, so Marty sacrificed and looked for a job there to take care of his Father. What is SAD is that he has an innocent daughter at JHSC that is bearing the brunt of all your foolishness. NOT that ANY of that info is any of your business tho. So do NOT utter the word OAKLAND in ANY more of your BLUBBERING.

In response to Ole Dad, I agree that discipline is an element needed for success. That said, the four players did not get dismissed because of disciplinary reasons. "I dont like how you do things," struck coach U as a personal offence. Instead of telling these kids that they need to respect authority and make them do his famous lame dogs or Auburn miles, he angirly dismisses them. How can one discipline if the one which he is trying to discipline isn't around to be disciplined? All he showed the kids let go, the remaining kids, and the community, is that it's okay to run away from problems instead of working through them. For you coach U fans, I can agree that starting a petition like that is a bit childish, however, high school is when teenagers are supposed to make that transfer into adults. If not given the right direction, the transformation is a difficult one. Saying "you're wrong" and that's it doesn't show kids why they are wrong and how to change and grow as an individual. If they don't know why they are wrong, they can never get it right.`U's heart is in the right place, but good tactics and social skills are lacking. It seems like he's saying that only the kids who are already morally correct in everything they do should receive more discipline. This is ironic to me because as Christians, we don't just sociate with people who are already Christians. How would anyone get saved? If Christians just say "you're wrong" and leave it there, no one will experience Truth and will think he himself is correct.

Edited by passandcatch

I agree with most of your comments. It's the behind the back tactics that I think are sending the wrong message. That's not the solution as a teenager or as an adult to a dispute with your immeadiate authority. It's like a cancer and teaches kids to be evil and not face the problem.

Ole Dad

In response to Ole Dad, I agree that discipline is an element needed for success. That said, the four players did not get dismissed because of disciplinary reasons. "I dont like how you do things," struck coach U as a personal offence. Instead of telling these kids that they need to respect authority and make them do his famous lame dogs or Auburn miles, he angirly dismisses them. How can one discipline if the one which he is trying to discipline isn't around to be disciplined? All he showed the kids let go, the remaining kids, and the community, is that it's okay to run away from problems instead of working through them. For you coach U fans, I can agree that starting a petition like that is a bit childish, however, high school is when teenagers are supposed to make that transfer into adults. If not given the right direction, the transformation is a difficult one. Saying "you're wrong" and that's it doesn't show kids why they are wrong and how to change and grow as an individual. If they don't know why they are wrong, they can never get it right.`U's heart is in the right place, but good tactics and social skills are lacking.

In response to Ole Dad, I agree that discipline is an element needed for success. That said, the four players did not get dismissed because of disciplinary reasons. "I dont like how you do things," struck coach U as a personal offence. Instead of telling these kids that they need to respect authority and make them do his famous lame dogs or Auburn miles, he angirly dismisses them. How can one discipline if the one which he is trying to discipline isn't around to be disciplined? All he showed the kids let go, the remaining kids, and the community, is that it's okay to run away from problems instead of working through them. For you coach U fans, I can agree that starting a petition like that is a bit childish, however, high school is when teenagers are supposed to make that transfer into adults. If not given the right direction, the transformation is a difficult one. Saying "you're wrong" and that's it doesn't show kids why they are wrong and how to change and grow as an individual. If they don't know why they are wrong, they can never get it right.`U's heart is in the right place, but good tactics and social skills are lacking.

I agree with most of your comments. It's the behind the back tactics that I think are sending the wrong message. That's not the solution as a teenager or as an adult to a dispute with your immeadiate authority. It's like a cancer and teaches kids to be evil and not face the problem.

Ole Dad

The fact is, though, that these are kids U is dealing with. They don't have life figured out and are going to make stupid decisions. That is the point where they need wisdom and guidance from that of a teacher or coach, not "you're just wrong"

If smacking a kid on the football helmet was a federal offense then it would be safe to say that teams peewee through nfl would be looking for new coaches. Heck i saw a little peewee kid get drug off the field by his face mask the other day. No one was b-tching then. Get over it.

I dont think there were any scholarship-worthy players off of last years team. Maybe the punter, thats about it.

As for the "i dont like how you do things". Lets see, if i sent a petition around trying to get my boss fired and then told him i dont like how he does things, odds are he wouldnt give me a pat on the back and say good job.

You want these kids to be guided, but then you want superiors to let it slide when they act like a ________? That is exactly what is wrong with this situation. To many thin-skinned parents and players that cant take discipline or authority and believe that they are NEVER wrong.

I say just shut down the program for the year and then start again next year with the kids that want to play.

I know both sides of the story. There is the side that is calling the newspapers and TV and trying to make a big hurrah about this and get their 15 minutes, and then there is an equal amount of parents that love Euverard and support him fully, only you dont hear that group. To the first group, move to knoxville.

Edited by DZbettin

I agree with everything DZBettin said. The first group needs to move somewhere else. You can take your kids to Maryville so they can hand out water bottles to the real football players.... Or better yet.. take them to Alcoa so they can clean the cleats of one of their former teammates when he comes off the field.. Something they will never see there!!

The fact is, though, that these are kids U is dealing with. They don't have life figured out and are going to make stupid decisions. That is the point where they need wisdom and guidance from that of a teacher or coach, not "you're just wrong"

Maybe I am wrong, but isn't it first the PARENT's responsibility to tell their OWN child that the course of action that they are using is WRONG?? That it is the PARENT's place to make this a life lesson and say....sometimes LIFE isn't fair and you have to s* uck it up and stay OR move on??

Priceless

You're right, and there are a lot of smart people posting on here lately. I think the whiners will get theirs in the end. Thanks for all the thoughtful posts.

Ole Dad

Maybe I am wrong, but isn't it first the PARENT's responsibility to tell their OWN child that the course of action that they are using is WRONG?? That it is the PARENT's place to make this a life lesson and say....sometimes LIFE isn't fair and you have to s* uck it up and stay OR move on??