JCHS

patsfan123

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe a lot of this originated after Meadows left Jefferson County. Meadows was a laid back coach that went with the flow. Now Euverard comes in and wants a little bit of discipline and some of the players don't like it.

They complain that they are verbally abused and want some pats on the back....well maybe if they were better than 2-5 then they would get a pat on the back. All of their other complaints are hearsay and it wouldnt be appropriate to acknowledge them. According to AD, the complaints have been investigated and the case is closed.

Let's face it, Meadows left Jefferson County because he knew the cupboard was bare after his playoff run. Another thing, Meadows had all the talent in the world and couldn't coach them out of the second round of the playoffs.

The problem at jefferson county is the kids of this generation want everything handed to them. They were used to taking it easy for two years and now they dont like someone trying to tidy house and straighten the ship.

Edited by DZbettin

I believe a lot of this originated after Meadows left Jefferson County. Meadows was a laid back coach that went with the flow. Now Euverard comes in and wants a little bit of discipline and some of the players don't like it.

They complain that they are verbally abused and want some pats on the back....well maybe if they were better than 2-5 then they would get a pat on the back. All of their other complaints are heresay and it wouldnt be appropriate to acknowledge them. According to AD, the complaints have been investigated and the case is closed.

Let's face it, Meadows left Jefferson County because he knew the cupboard was bare after his playoff run. Another thing, Meadows had all the talent in the world and couldn't coach them out of the second round of the playoffs.

The problem at jefferson county is the kids of this generation want everything handed to them. They were used to taking it easy for two years and now they dont like someone trying to tidy house and straighten the ship.

This problem is happening elsewhere too DZ. No petitions, but getting ugly, nonetheless.

Coaches have their part to hold up to, which they normally do. Kids/Parents have their part to work for too. Most don't.

I've been asked about working kids, and them not getting "built up" in terms of verbal talk. Its football. There's going to be practice, been a hot summer, its not going to be the best in the world. And when a team is struggling, the coaches aren't going to sugarcoat it - nor are they going to get easier. They're going to try and push all those buttons to get a win.

This is football, not band.

If them boys think they are gonna grow up and start a petition to fire thier bosses-they are in for a rude awakening. What poor leadership they must get at home. Assuming they get it @ home! Those that stick it out will grow up to be better men than their counterparts. This country would be in better shape if we had more leaders like Coach U!

I think it is all a real shame...this is a very storied program, that does have two rings and has always been a great rival to play...high school sports are first and foremost about the athletes that participate and their classmates...school and community pride should be a positive of the endeavor...I don't know what the actual situation is at Jefferson County: too much discipline after not enough, just play one sport, nothing positive said, haven't earned a positive word...I just don't know...it's a big school which has always had big participation and big support and there is obviously a problem (if the program is still to be about the students)...school sponsored athletics are to be part of the learning process, I am just not sure what the lesson is in this situation...it is a real shame and I hope things smooth out quickly...many someones need to communicate, together, listening first...Good luck to the Patriots.

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by skunk

I do not believe that they are " calling for his head " I keep hearing Kisbeth saying he is the right man for the job. I think it might be a lot of kids listening to their parents complain about the coaching. I think he is doing the right thing by kicking them off. I wouldn't want a bunch of players who don't want to play for me.

OK let's get this straight....i know the underlying factors. This all started last year when a kid said "yeah" to Marty Euvarard and then the so-called coach decided to hit the kid(open palmed). The kid did have a helmet on and was hit in the face mask but when all the other players keep saying it was not just a normal little tap on the helmet...it is a little diff. situation. Last year's seniors have still failed to ever see their college letters?? They were put in the coach's box in the office but never delivered to the students. The coach degrades the boys everyday...a statement that he made to a player in front of the team"You are a disgrace to the team, the family, and you make me want to vomit." Now is this a good coach? I don't think so. The only reason Kisabeth likes him is because he practically tells Marty what to do. MArty has been asked to write letters of recommendation to colleges for players last year and did not write them...he does not help his players get scholarships. People are runnin off at the mouth saying that they deserved to be kicked off...first off only 2 of the 4 boys that were kicked off actually started the petition..the other 2 just signed it. 4 more players quit today...so u can't just say it's due to discipline. These were starters...not people standin on the sidelines. The boys had planned to save the petition and give it to the principal at the end of the year but someone ran their mouth. Oh well the news is out and those takin up for Marty...bet u forgot the little detail that when he ended the season at Oakland there were 26 players left and not to mention that he was asked to leave that school because he demolished their program too. These boys want to play football but not for Marty. It's pretty sad to see such a good group of boys have to put up with such a poor so-called coach. One last thing...over half of the team signed the petition not just these boys...so apparently there is a problem at JEff. County and it is not the kids...they are just crying out for help and waitin for someone to listen. That state title ring means nothing besides he didn't win it anyway the kids did and obviously it was not for him..who cares about the past anyway... look at what he is doing to the future of JEff. Co and the players? He has got to hit the road and go somewhere else.

Liven,

Sounds like you are one of the people fueling the problem. Players don't do petitions with out some misguided parent fueling the unrest. I bet if the parents who know so much would get out of the kool aid that things would calm down. I bet the AD and principle and super can take care of any problems without the misguided and bias intervention of the know-it -all parents.I see i here the scholrship issue a few times in your post. You must have a ax to grind over "little Jimmy" not getting a scholarship. I am sure the powers that be will get it worked out, and a few peoples feelings will get hurt along the way.

Ole Dad

Alright Wiseguy...the deal is it is not about the parents nor is it about the coach. This should be more about the kids. It is their future that is at stake here. Euvarard is so negative and he does nothing for the program...they are going to end up with 20 players and 2-8 season...that's a real good program. The boys want to play football and they have worked their butts off to get these startin positions but they do not want to play for marty. He has no character and he is not a good coach. The point is to bring someone in to JC that will build the program up and help the guys get better and scolarships...the man won't even help them by writin a letter of recommendation..that's pretty sorry if he is considered a coach especially a good leader.....the administration needs to look at both sides but they need to players opinions...when over half the team has signed a petition there is a big problem.

OK let's get this straight....i know the underlying factors. This all started last year when a kid said "yeah" to Marty Euvarard and then the so-called coach decided to hit the kid(open palmed). The kid did have a helmet on and was hit in the face mask but when all the other players keep saying it was not just a normal little tap on the helmet...it is a little diff. situation. Last year's seniors have still failed to ever see their college letters?? They were put in the coach's box in the office but never delivered to the students. The coach degrades the boys everyday...a statement that he made to a player in front of the team"You are a disgrace to the team, the family, and you make me want to vomit." Now is this a good coach? I don't think so. The only reason Kisabeth likes him is because he practically tells Marty what to do. MArty has been asked to write letters of recommendation to colleges for players last year and did not write them...he does not help his players get scholarships. People are runnin off at the mouth saying that they deserved to be kicked off...first off only 2 of the 4 boys that were kicked off actually started the petition..the other 2 just signed it. 4 more players quit today...so u can't just say it's due to discipline. These were starters...not people standin on the sidelines. The boys had planned to save the petition and give it to the principal at the end of the year but someone ran their mouth. Oh well the news is out and those takin up for Marty...bet u forgot the little detail that when he ended the season at Oakland there were 26 players left and not to mention that he was asked to leave that school because he demolished their program too. These boys want to play football but not for Marty. It's pretty sad to see such a good group of boys have to put up with such a poor so-called coach. One last thing...over half of the team signed the petition not just these boys...so apparently there is a problem at JEff. County and it is not the kids...they are just crying out for help and waitin for someone to listen. That state title ring means nothing besides he didn't win it anyway the kids did and obviously it was not for him..who cares about the past anyway... look at what he is doing to the future of JEff. Co and the players? He has got to hit the road and go somewhere else.

You are a CLASS A ONE LIAR!! Coach U was NEVER asked to leave Oakland. In fact, he was offered the head job at SIEGEL and turned it down. Secondly, we had THIRTY THREE players on the team AFTER losing SEVENTEEN players to SIEGEL, a new 5A HS built exactly THREE miles from Oakland, when it opened due to changing of ZONE lines. SOOOOO...if you can't sem to get BASIC facts right about OAKLAND....how can ANYONE believe a WORD out of your MOUTH????

BTW ask any senior at RIVERDALE if Rankin helps them get scholarsips...they will give you an EMPHATIC NO!! he had a Meeting with them telling them he didn't have time to talk to recruiters and it wasn't his job to help them get scholarships. So do you consider him a good coach with his 4 state champ rings?

Edited by 2priceless

2priceless,

I guess you guys read the post like I did. Sour grapes from "Daddy's little boy" not getting the scholship he deserved. I bet you that is where the discontent is coming from. Him, and a few more just like him.

Ole Dad

You are a CLASS A ONE LIAR!! Coach U was NEVER asked to leave Oakland. In fact, he was offered the head job at SIEGEL and turned it down. Secondly, we had THIRTY THREE players on the team AFTER losing SEVENTEEN players to SIEGEL, a new 5A HS built exactly THREE miles from Oakland, when it opened due to changing of ZONE lines. SOOOOO...if you can't sem to get BASIC facts right about OAKLAND....how can ANYONE believe a WORD out of your MOUTH????

BTW ask any senior at RIVERDALE if Rankin helps them get scholarsips...they will give you an EMPHATIC NO!! he had a Meeting with them telling them he didn't have time to talk to recruiters and it wasn't his job to help them get scholarships. So do you consider him a good coach with his 4 state champ rings?

2priceless,

I guess you guys read the post like I did. Sour grapes from "Daddy's little boy" not getting the scholship he deserved. I bet you that is where the discontent is coming from. Him, and a few more just like him.

Ole Dad

You are SOOOOOO right on. With some kids it is impossible to get them scholarships because they don't have the talent level or they aren' t COACHABLE. Maybe that is why a coach won't put his name on the dotted line on a recommendation?? I know we had plenty of kids gets scholarships at Oakland while Marty was at the helm.