JCHS

patsfan123

Do any of you think that coaches coach high school sport for the money? I hope not. The people that give their time and sacrifice their lives to coach young men and women in high school sports do so because they typically want to give back something to the kids and community. Not all of them are great or even good: in fact some need alot of work in order to be good at coaching. Some may never be popular or successful in the records but will help young people grow up. The ones that are bad will get removed and replaced. This normally happens in a mature manner at an adult level. Coaching is not a popularity contest and if it were the guys with the winning records would be the most popular and successful, which is not always the case. I guess it depends on how you define success. A new coach needs support and assistance to begin a career at a new location. It sounds to me like their was a split camp at JC before the new coach arrived and some disgruntled parents are trying to do their dirty work through the kids. That is a shame. If you have a ligtimate issues with the coach then schedule a meeting with the coach, The AD and the principal. Heck, include the super if you wish. If you are not willing to do that then you must have no case and are just a bunch of trouble makers.

Ole Dad

So is coaching. A privilege and a responsibility.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, society wanting something for nothing. "What have you done for me lately! Life is not always fair and we do not always get what we want-bottom line. Coach U is a great coach and a highly intense individual. The kids that are on the team now are better off without the others. Can't tell you how many times people come to me and say "I wish I had stuck it out and not QUIT when we were in high school". (Quitter) Them boys are gonna have to live with that for the rest of their lives. Unfortunately, some will never get over it. If, whats and buts the rest of their lives.

I was a former player on the Jefferson County Football team, and Coach Euverard is the worst coach I have ever played for. In 1998 he won a state championship with Oakland, but what has he done for Jefferson County? Last season we didn't make the playoffs, and this year everyone is quiting or getting kicked off and we have a 2-5 record. I can state as a fact that not more than 5 players on the team like the coach. I know it's not important for the players to like the coach, the players dislike the coach so much to the point of quiting the football team. The only reason Jeff. Co. football is so "soft" is because all the real football players left. The only players that are left on the football team is the ones that are afraid of Coach Euvarard or their parents wouldn't let them quit. Kisabeth must be a 49ers fan because if Coach Euvarard stays around their will be a lot of losing seasons to come in Dandridge.

I agree with Boxout it is good to see the Jefferson County Administration support their coach. As a fan of Morristown West I have always known the Jefferson Administration was strong and did a great job of supporting their coaches. Keep up the good work. This Trojan fan is proud.

I was a former player on the Jefferson County Football team, and Coach Euverard is the worst coach I have ever played for. In 1998 he won a state championship with Oakland, but what has he done for Jefferson County? Last season we didn't make the playoffs, and this year everyone is quiting or getting kicked off and we have a 2-5 record. I can state as a fact that not more than 5 players on the team like the coach. I know it's not important for the players to like the coach, the players dislike the coach so much to the point of quiting the football team. The only reason Jeff. Co. football is so "soft" is because all the real football players left. The only players that are left on the football team is the ones that are afraid of Coach Euvarard or their parents wouldn't let them quit. Kisabeth must be a 49ers fan because if Coach Euvarard stays around their will be a lot of losing seasons to come in Dandridge.

You are so wrong young man. I don't think you ever played a game for Coach U did you? So how can you be so stupid to make a statement like that. The fact is you weren't dedicated enough to the team to stick it out - correct? You play because you love the game and you take pride in your school, so if you don't like your coach, so what. Did he treat you unfairly or did you just take the easy way out and QUIT? I know these kids that are left and they may be small, young, and out-numbered but the "real football players" are still out there fighting their a__ off while you others are laying on your a__ doing nothing. Grow up - you are clueless!

You are so wrong young man. I don't think you ever played a game for Coach U did you? So how can you be so stupid to make a statement like that. The fact is you weren't dedicated enough to the team to stick it out - correct? You play because you love the game and you take pride in your school, so if you don't like your coach, so what. Did he treat you unfairly or did you just take the easy way out and QUIT? I know these kids that are left and they may be small, young, and out-numbered but the "real football players" are still out there fighting their a__ off while you others are laying on your a__ doing nothing. Grow up - you are clueless!

You are a VERY wise man.

I don't know why this thread hasn't been closed, but I will close it if there is any more coach bashing.

It is clear that people are posting comments that are not true.

That in itself should get the thread closed.

If you want to bash Coach Euverard, go tell him to his face.

In my opinion, this thread goes against the spirit of this website.

Trotter,

This is enlightening. You can see from this thread where this classless act of a petition comes from. The people who are bashing the coach are obviously uneducated quitters and "victims". This has been evident by their posts. Coach E is a class guy and will overcome this and all the quitters will be quitters the rest of their lives, and it will always be someone else's fault why they fail.

Ole Dad

I don't know why this thread hasn't been closed, but I will close it if there is any more coach bashing.

It is clear that people are posting comments that are not true.

That in itself should get the thread closed.

If you want to bash Coach Euverard, go tell him to his face.

In my opinion, this thread goes against the spirit of this website.

I don't have a dog in the fight but I think you guys are very quick to judge kids here and dismiss anything they have done or said. Coach U might be a great guy but for some reason these people don't like him and the rest of us miles away immediately jump on the kids case. No wonder kids don't respect adults anymore. As I read this thread there is more player bashing than coach bashing.

Edited by DCCATVOICE

RaznCain, I believe you are the cluless one. I played a one season, and I played football to have fun, and playing for Coach U wasn't fun. This is HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL, not college football or NFL, but Coach U works us year round and thats why we're not winning because all of the players are exhausted at the start of the season. On Coach U being a "good man", One day in work outs he pointed out a young man by the name of Michael Snap, and Coach U had him stand up in front of the whole team saying he was an embarrasment to the team and his mother and father should be ashamed to have him as a son because he was so fat and don't tell me that isn't true because I sat there and listened to it and so did the team or I should say former team. How do you maintain respect for a person when they say something like that to one of your peers. I'm not laying on my butt, I have a job and I play basketball. I wonder if you have ever played for Coach U, and sure he may be a great guy away from football, but he's not the best man for the JCHS football job. The only reason Coach U is still coaching JCHS is because the AD Kisabeth and him are really close friends. How can you make such a stupid statement when you are blind to what is going on in Dandridge, Tennessee?

RaznCain, I believe you are the cluless one. I played a one season, and I played football to have fun, and playing for Coach U wasn't fun. This is HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL, not college football or NFL, but Coach U works us year round and thats why we're not winning because all of the players are exhausted at the start of the season. On Coach U being a "good man", One day in work outs he pointed out a young man by the name of Michael Snap, and Coach U had him stand up in front of the whole team saying he was an embarrasment to the team and his mother and father should be ashamed to have him as a son because he was so fat and don't tell me that isn't true because I sat there and listened to it and so did the team or I should say former team. How do you maintain respect for a person when they say something like that to one of your peers. I'm not laying on my butt, I have a job and I play basketball. I wonder if you have ever played for Coach U, and sure he may be a great guy away from football, but he's not the best man for the JCHS football job. The only reason Coach U is still coaching JCHS is because the AD Kisabeth and him are really close friends. How can you make such a stupid statement when you are blind to what is going on in Dandridge, Tennessee?

BEAM ME UP, SCOTTY.........

Hate to tell you but just about ANY football program works YEAR ROUND. You have to to keep pace with the other programs. Guess Meadows let yall slack huh?

But wait...you SAME people were on this VERY forum trashing Meadows RIGHT and LEFT. So looks to me that yall don't like ANYONE that way. Look in the mirror and maybe you can see just WHO is the problem.

People may have bashed Meadows. but the players didn't start a petition trying to fire Meadows did they. I think that Meadows made it to the playoffs almost every year, and Coach U Year 1: Didn't make the playoffs Year 2: 2-5, and all the players and parents want him fired. Meadows didn't go year round and... PLAYOFFS IN JEFF CO. Nice Star Trek reference, haven't heard that one before.

Posting names and personal information crosses the line in my opinion.

Who knows if the facts are true. Saying you were in the room doesn't necessarily make it true, and I don't believe this is the place to state these type of comments.

It paints a one-sided picture, and the head coach doesn't come on here and give his side.

Marty Euverard is too good of a coach and person to be treated this way.

Coach T can re-open this post if he wishes.

I'm losing the stomach for these type of posts about coaches. I have no idea why these types of posts about a good coach and man have been allowed to stay on this site.

Marty Euverard deserves better.

I'm locking this thread.

Edited by StanTrott