Region 6-5A

fromthetop2

Since the Brentwood-Franklin game, there has been NO chatter about the remaining games, potential playoff matchups, nothing! I'm getting a little bored reading all of the posts about East Tennessee football and BA/MBA we-hate-each-other posts.

And I know there are a lot of Region 6 posters out there. BDD, FHSREbel, faniinthestand, ambiguous rock, twitty canes, where are you guys?

Questions to ponder:

What about this week's games and the games left to play?

Does Dickson County hold on and make it to the playoffs? They've been on a win streak recently.

Can Centennial defeat Brentwood AND Franklin and hold onto their playoff spot?

Could the Franklin Centennial game be for a playoff spot?

What are some potential playoff matchups?

Interesting that the former members of 6-5A who dropped down a classification are all doing great in 4-A, while those who moved up from 4A into the meat grinder are finding things a whole lot tougher than they expected in Region 6.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the Brentwood-Franklin game, there has been NO chatter about the remaining games, potential playoff matchups, nothing! I'm getting a little bored reading all of the posts about East Tennessee football and BA/MBA we-hate-each-other posts.

And I know there are a lot of Region 6 posters out there. BDD, FHSREbel, faniinthestand, ambiguous rock, twitty canes, where are you guys?

Interesting that the former members of 6-5A who dropped down a classification are all doing great in 4-A, while those who moved up from 4A into the meat grinder are finding things a whole lot tougher than they expected in Region 6.

Here's the recent standings for Region 6-5A going into week 8: Now the cool thing is it shows whom each team has left to play too.

Region Overall Regional Opponents

Team Class Region W L Off Def W L Off Def

Ravenwood 5A 6 4 0 121 56 6 1 189 97 Defeated:Franklin,Brentwood,Columbia,Centennial To Play:Independence,Clarksville NE,Dickson County

Brentwood 5A 6 3 1 67 21 6 1 182 40 Defeated: Dickson County,Franklin,Columbia To Play: Centennial,Independence,Clarksville NE

Dickson County 5A 6 3 1 99 45 3 4 125 116 Defeated: Columbia,Centennial,Independence To Play: Clarksville NE,Franklin,Ravenwood

Franklin 5A 6 2 2 128 80 4 3 225 119 Defeated: Independence,Clarksville NE To Play: Columbia,Dickson County,Centennial

Centennial 5A 6 2 2 72 75 3 4 105 146 Defeated: Independence,Clarksville NE To Play: Brentwood,Columbia,Franklin

Columbia 5A 6 1 3 46 113 2 5 109 209 Defeated: Clarksville NE To Play: Franklin,Centennial,Independence

Clarksville NE 5A 6 1 3 49 120 1 6 89 225 Defeated: Independence To Play: Dickson County,Ravenwood,Brentwood

Independence 5A 6 0 4 43 115 0 7 83 185 To Play: Ravenwood,Brentwood,Columbia

This region looks like it is almost set of its top 4 teams. Indy is out, Clarksville NE would have to sweep the last three games and get some help to get in at a number 4 spot. Columbia and Centennial need to sweep to get in. Franklin needs to win 2 out of 3 to be assured. The top two teams, Ravenwood and Brentwood seem to have the easiest road ahead of them. Very possible those two teams can win their next three games. Not saying they will, necessiarly, but on paper it looks to be the best.

I see this region workout like this:

1. Ravenwood

2. Brentwood

3. Franklin

4. Columbia

Edited by CoachG

To try to answer your questions:

This week's games:

Brentwood over Centennial

Franklin over Columbia Central

Dickson County over Northeast

Ravenwood over Independence

If Dickson County plays like they've been playing, they will have no problem making it as the 4th, and maybe even the 3rd seed.

If Centennial continues to play as poor offensively as they have the last three games, they will not win another game. The offense has played so bad that the defense has no time to rest. The defense is solid and if the offense could get some drives they could be in games.

The Franklin Centennial game will be for pride this year. Just pride.

First Round of playoffs(some of this is guess work on region 5-5A):

Ravenwood vs. Overton

Brentwood vs. Antioch

Franklin vs. Gallatin

Dickson Co. McGavock

As for the lack of 6-5A: I didn't know there were others like me STILL on the board. I figured everyone left.

A potential Franklin-Gallatin rematch should be enough to get them back posting on this board.

Brentwood-Antioch would be something of a rubber match in playoff football if memory serves me correctly-each side has defeated the other once in playoff games.

Ravenwood-Overton would be a classic offense vs. defense matchup.

Dickson County-McGavock would be over in about an hour and a half with three passes thrown between both teams. You get one possession each quarter.

As for region games to determine who's in and who's out-

Brentwood's last big hurdle will be this week hosting Centennial. Bruins need to be able to put some points up on the board and then hand it to the defense. I knew it wouldn't be long before Gregory abandoned throwing the ball downfield and go back to what he knows best.

The matchups between Dickson County and Frnaklin/Ravenwood should be interesting-at least as a gauge to where things will end up.

Here's how Centennial runs their offense now-a-days. At the beginning of this year they used the spread offense drive after drive and had success. Well, in the last 3 games he's gone right back to the wishbone. It usually takes 3 or 4 failed drives before he switches back to the spread(the offense then starts to move the ball, but not far, because...)

In the middle of the season they switched QB Dane Baron, who played decent this season, for freshman Chaz Scales. Chaz is maybe 5'5 and seriously cannot see over the offensive line. When the blitz comes he looks like a deer in the headlight. Furthermore, he weighs maybe 130 lbs, making tackling him relatively simple. When he became the starter I realized that Centennial was just giving up this season to build for the future. It's kind of dissapointing, because I thought they could make the playoffs, even with the talent they have, but when they put in a freshman to lead this team, things got ugly offensively.

Here's the recent standings for Region 6-5A going into week 8: Now the cool thing is it shows whom each team has left to play too.

Region Overall Regional Opponents

Team Class Region W L Off Def W L Off Def

Ravenwood 5A 6 4 0 121 56 6 1 189 97 Defeated:Franklin,Brentwood,Columbia,Centennial To Play:Independence,Clarksville NE,Dickson County

Brentwood 5A 6 3 1 67 21 6 1 182 40 Defeated: Dickson County,Franklin,Columbia To Play: Centennial,Independence,Clarksville NE

Dickson County 5A 6 3 1 99 45 3 4 125 116 Defeated: Columbia,Centennial,Independence To Play: Clarksville NE,Franklin,Ravenwood

Franklin 5A 6 2 2 128 80 4 3 225 119 Defeated: Independence,Clarksville NE To Play: Columbia,Dickson County,Centennial

Centennial 5A 6 2 2 72 75 3 4 105 146 Defeated: Independence,Clarksville NE To Play: Brentwood,Columbia,Franklin

Columbia 5A 6 1 3 46 113 2 5 109 209 Defeated: Clarksville NE To Play: Franklin,Centennial,Independence

Clarksville NE 5A 6 1 3 49 120 1 6 89 225 Defeated: Independence To Play: Dickson County,Ravenwood,Brentwood

Independence 5A 6 0 4 43 115 0 7 83 185 To Play: Ravenwood,Brentwood,Columbia

This region looks like it is almost set of its top 4 teams. Indy is out, Clarksville NE would have to sweep the last three games and get some help to get in at a number 4 spot. Columbia and Centennial need to sweep to get in. Franklin needs to win 2 out of 3 to be assured. The top two teams, Ravenwood and Brentwood seem to have the easiest road ahead of them. Very possible those two teams can win their next three games. Not saying they will, necessiarly, but on paper it looks to be the best.

I see this region workout like this:

1. Ravenwood

2. Brentwood

3. Franklin

4. Columbia

Here's how I feel right now that the outcome of the rest of the season will go. There are still a couple of big games left that could mess this all up. Yet, it is always fun to predict and see how close one can get. Without further blabbing, here's my picks, if anyone really cares.... LOL!!

Week8: Predicted winner:

Rwood @ Indy Rwood 5-0 Indy 0-5

Bwood vs. Cent Bwood 4-1 Cent 2-3

Dickson vs. Cville NE Dickson 4-1 Cville 1-4

Frank vs. Columbia Frank 3-2 Colum 1-4

Week 9:

Rwood vs. Cville NE Rwood 6-0 Cville 1-5

Bwood vs. Indy Bwood 5-1 Indy 0-6

Dickson vs. Frank Frank 4-2 Dickson 4-2

Columbia vs. Cent Colum 2-4 Cent 2-4

Week 10:

Rwood vs. Dickson Rwood 7-0 Dickson 4-3

Bwood vs. Cville Bwood 6-1 Cville 1-6

Frank vs. Cent Frank 5-2 Cent 2-5

Columbia vs. Indy Columbia 3-4 Indy 0-7

Predicted Standings:

1. Rwood

2. Bwood

3. Franklin

4. Dickson County

<_< BTW, the numbers next to each team would be their respective region records. I believe my calculations are correct. :rolleyes:

The critical games for region playoffs seem to be:

Week 8: Brentwood/Centennial

Week 9: Franklin and Dickson County and Columbia/Centennial

Week 10: Ravenwood and Dickson County and Franklin/Centennial (depending on how the week before went.)

If Dickson County beats Franklin and Ravenwood, then the Region Champion is a three-way tie, according to my peanut-sized brain.

Week 10: Ravenwood and Dickson County and Franklin/Centennial (depending on how the week before went.)

If Dickson County beats Franklin and Ravenwood, then the Region Champion is a three-way tie, according to my peanut-sized brain.

Just to refresh our "peanut-sized brains" :D on how TSSAA breaks ties: See below or click on this link http://www.tssaa.org/Handbook/football.pdf

(General Regulations II, B-D shall be used to break any ties for a seeded position, and General Regulations II, E-P shall be applicable in all other game operations.) Those regulations are:

General Regulations, II: “B. If at any point when the following tie-breaker procedures are applied, one team has beaten all the other teams that are tied for a play-off position, that team shall be rated above the others.”

General Regulations II: “C. In the event of a tie for the region winner, runner up, third-place or fourth-place team, if either team(s) has defeated the other(s) in regular season play the team(s) shall be rated over the other(s) in the standings. (After the region winner has been determined, the tie-breaker procedure shall begin all over again starting at the top to work out the runner-up position. The procedure shall be repeated to determine the third and fourth place teams.)”

General Regulations, II: D. “The following tie-breaking procedures shall be applied and all regular season games, both region and non-region, shall count (After each of the following steps have been applied, item C above shall be applied.):”

1. The team with greatest number of victories.

2. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams winning 50% or more of their games.

3. The team whose opponents have earned the most victories.

4. The team whose opponents have received fewer defeats.

5. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams in its own class.

6. Coin Toss.

General Regulations, II: “E. All regular season games must be completed by the Saturday preceding the first round play-off games to be counted in the play-off standings.

The play –off bracket is set at midnight on Saturday preceding the first round of the playoffs. After the bracket is set, only forfeits by teams finishing in first, second, third, or fourth will advance other teams to the playoffs. If a first place team is removed…then all teams below move up a ranking, second become first and so on. The fourth place team will be determined by the regulations above following the forfeiture of games.

(General Regulations II, B-D shall be used to break any ties for a seeded position, and General Regulations II, E-P shall be applicable in all other game operations.) Those regulations are:

General Regulations, II: “B. If at any point when the following tie-breaker procedures are applied, one team has beaten all the other teams that are tied for a play-off position, that team shall be rated above the others.”

General Regulations II: “C. In the event of a tie for the region winner, runner up, third-place or fourth-place team, if either team(s) has defeated the other(s) in regular season play the team(s) shall be rated over the other(s) in the standings. (After the region winner has been determined, the tie-breaker procedure shall begin all over again starting at the top to work out the runner-up position. The procedure shall be repeated to determine the third and fourth place teams.)”

General Regulations, II: D. “The following tie-breaking procedures shall be applied and all regular season games, both region and non-region, shall count (After each of the following steps have been applied, item C above shall be applied.):”

1. The team with greatest number of victories.

2. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams winning 50% or more of their games.

3. The team whose opponents have earned the most victories.

4. The team whose opponents have received fewer defeats.

5. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams in its own class.

6. Coin Toss.

General Regulations, II: “E. All regular season games must be completed by the Saturday preceding the first round play-off games to be counted in the play-off standings.

The play –off bracket is set at midnight on Saturday preceding the first round of the playoffs. After the bracket is set, only forfeits by teams finishing in first, second, third, or fourth will advance other teams to the playoffs. If a first place team is removed…then all teams below move up a ranking, second become first and so on. The fourth place team will be determined by the regulations above following the forfeiture of games.

THANKS, THAT CLEARS IT UP. NOW I'VE GOT A SPLITTING HEADACHE :thumb:

I just hope Dickson Co. Makes it in. I got a Nephew playing for OL for Dickson and this is his last year.

Lets Go Dickson!! :lol:

If I get some time this weekend, I'll come up with the various playoff scenarios. I'm sure a big wrench was thrown into those with Franklin's loss to Columbia tonight.

I'm not sure where everyone else has gone, but it's hard for me to talk much about a team I've only seen once. Let's hope CoachT.com is still around whenever I make it back to Franklin.

If I get some time this weekend, I'll come up with the various playoff scenarios. I'm sure a big wrench was thrown into those with Franklin's loss to Columbia tonight.

I'm not sure where everyone else has gone, but it's hard for me to talk much about a team I've only seen once. Let's hope CoachT.com is still around whenever I make it back to Franklin.

Are you sure Franklin lost? The Tennessean web page has Franklin as the winner and the score wasn't even close. I don't know I was just curious.