7-AAA

Let'em Play

SUREEEEEEEEE...didnt someone come on here with game tape proof that it didnt happen, i dont post really or even read to much durin football season, but i had kept an eye for it on tape, never saw it. and you kno neal watson follows the ball carefully.

I saw it and if I can get my hands on the tape again, I will send it to you. TSSAA suspended the 3 refs that stood there and watched it happen.........so sooorrryyy it happened. You don't suspend refs for nothing. The player from SHS that he hit even got on the T and told about it. The tape was taken from the RHS side of the field so it is as clear as a bell. The person that said it didn't happen was riverdaleman...no one of any authority.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda funny how no one wants to talk about how this was another classic game in a rivalry that is always fun to watch. Look, we're all big people here, why can't we just have a little appreciation for what happened on the floor during the course of the game? Why let the actions of a few knuckleheads escelate everything beyond what it is....a game? It's hard to remember sometimes...but the truth of the matter is that everyone wants to act stupid over the outcome of something that I promise 3,000,000 chinamen have no concern over. Let's just have an appreciation for what happened during the game and look foward to the next one later this month. It ain't life or death fellas...remember this :D

Back on topic....current standings:

1 Oakland 4-0

2 Cookeville 3-1

3 Siegel 3-1

4 Lebanon 2-2

5 Riverdale 2-2

6 Blackman 1-3

7 White Co. 1-3

8 Warren Co. 0-4

Big win by Oakland last night puts them in the drivers seat...Cookeville I suppose is in the drivers seat as well. Oakland needs to really focus on Tuesday and take total control of the District.

I also saw where White County only beat Warren County by 2 points last night. It looks like this district is going to be REALLLLLL tight.

Could anyone from Cookeville or Lebanon tell me how the WOLFFFF did last night for Cookeville? I am really anxious to see this kid play on Tues. I really like to watch a great Defensive player, and am anxious to see how OHS stacks up.

I also hope that OHS can recover from this huge win last night and get back down to business. I know King and staff are great at re-focusing the players .

Oakland and Cookeville wil be a good one. Oakland will be ready after their win over Siegel. Siegel can still win the district, but they need to play as a team, instead of it being the Jimmy and Ramsey show. It didn't work last night and it will fail in the future. Coach Harris needs to take control of the team and not let Jimmy's dad try to run the show.

I am very upset about the outcome of last nights game, but i mean, you lose some... I still think ramsey coming back is shakin team flow slightly, but im confident that this team will back to their old ways soon. And two weeks from now we will prove just that. Oakland congratulations, it was just a shame that the acts of some fans had to overshadow the outcome. It took 5 times to get the win, and in basketball that is something that i think our team should still be proud about. Next time will be different I Promise, but nonetheless. We lost, Oakland won. case closed...

Back on topic....current standings:

1 Oakland 4-0

2 Cookeville 3-1

3 Siegel 3-1

4 Lebanon 2-2

5 Riverdale 2-2

6 Blackman 1-3

7 White Co. 1-3

8 Warren Co. 0-4

Big win by Oakland last night puts them in the drivers seat...Cookeville I suppose is in the drivers seat as well. Oakland needs to really focus on Tuesday and take total control of the District.

Siegel is more in control than Cookeville since they have already beaten them once. If Oakland loses to Cookeville it throws everything into a mad dash to the finish

Thanks for the congrats. I know Siegel will bounce back. I said it before, to have someone re-enter the game after not playing def disrupts the team chemistry. We saw that when Thomas and Hartsfield re-joined the bball team from football at RHS. It takes a lil while to get back in the flow of things. Ramsey is a great player, but I think some of your fans had too high of expectations for him too fast. He didn't need that added pressure. I am thrilled that he is able to return to the game after his injury.

Siegel needs to re-focus and remember that they have Hunters Lane today and that is all they need to be worrying about. NOTHING else.

Cookeville trailed the majority of the game, but took control in the fourth quarter. Cookeville played decent defense and Wolf shut down Pressley in the second half. Lebanon attacked the basket like they always do for rebounds and got alot of second chance points. Hill was the leading scorer for Cookeville with 23 and Payne was the leading scorer for Lebanon with I think 15. Also, Williams for Cookeville and Walton for Lebanon played with excellent hustle and were big for their teams. Edited by cavsred05

Cookeville trailed the majority of the game, but took control in the fourth quarter. Cookeville played decent defense and Wolf shut down Pressley in the second half. Lebanon attacked the basket like they always do for rebounds and got alot of second chance points. Hill was the leading scorer for Cookeville with 23 and Payne was the leading scorer for Lebanon with I think 15. Also, Williams for Cookeville and Walton for Lebanon played with excellent hustle and were big for their teams.

That was a huge win for Cookeville. Congrats to you uys. I look forward to seeing you on Tuesday. Lebanon is a very well-coached team. Most folk thought they would be down for the count this yr after losing so many kids last yr. They have proven that they can get the job done with what they had returning. So WOLFFF kept Presley from ripping his usual 3's?

BTW......beating a team 4 times in a row is impressive...... BUT .beating a team for EIGHT YEARS in a row = phenomenal which is what OHS has over Lebanon in bball.