Pigeon Forge Fans

speedy41

The Tigers are better than their record suggests. Maybe there is some talent there that is not being tapped into. Defensively the Tigers have done very well. Offinsively there hasn't been much consistency. The offense has played extremely well at times, but then there are nights when they fall apart. I know that PF fans have a particularly hard time not blaming the coaches for everything that goes wrong. Some of them are teaching their kids to question the ability of their coaches. I wish they could see how devastating this is to a program. I've sat among these fans and I know just exactly how much they don't know about the game. I would love to teach a class on how to cheer for and support your team. The Tigers are a great group of boys with a lot of talent, but some of the negative influence by parents and other fans is killing them.

Sounds pretty bad... have injuries been a problem, or is it that coaches have shuffled guys around... or is it just attitudes of people.

ATTITUDES. Not even saying the kids, they are (for the most part) genuinely great guys. Parents and fans attitudes. There have been a couple of injuries, but that is not the core problem. Coaches have moved some kids around, which might be questionable to some who don't know anything about football, but the outcome of the personnel switch has proved itself. (Not always with a win, but by correcting what it was meant to.) PF is not the football town it needs to be for the program to be successful. I just wish this football program ( coaches and players alike ) had the full support of the community. :D

It sounds as if they think that Pigeon Forge Football should be the Maryville 1-3A. They just don't have the athletes do be that good. They are an improving football team, but not ready to be the upper echelon of 3A football. Give this coaching staff time. They have got the up front players to be very good, but just can't seem to get any good skill players. Very little speed. Good luck to Pigeon Forge.

It sounds as if they think that Pigeon Forge Football should be the Maryville 1-3A. They just don't have the athletes do be that good. They are an improving football team, but not ready to be the upper echelon of 3A football. Give this coaching staff time. They have got the up front players to be very good, but just can't seem to get any good skill players. Very little speed. Good luck to Pigeon Forge.

I agree with you completely. Your statement brings up another point. Maryville has a spectacular program, but besides being blessed with talent, they have SUPPORT. That town really knows what football is. Drive through there on a Fall Friday night. Everyone in Maryville is at the game. I bet ole George doesn't have parent's in his face, or in the principles office everyday. Those boys and their parents consider it a privelage to be on the team. That is what football is. A privelage, a great one at that. These coaches do this because they love it, not for the "great pay" (in some cases, NO pay!) If the community loved it half as much, imagine what kind of football tradition could be created in P.F. Let's go parents, fans, students, kick it up a notch, make Tiger country a football country. :thumb: