Top 5 Teams In All Of 2a

free4only1

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand what you mean? I don't think anyone with any sense would argue that Huntington has played a tougher schedule than Alcoa this season. So what constitutes a quality opponent?!

Look at the Strength of Schedule ratings. Huntingdon has played the third toughest schedule, Alcoa has played the sixth.

This is computer generated, and considers all of your opponents records, and the records of their opponents too.

All computer ratings are not the same. Some use margin of victory, others don't.

Some polls, such as the AP, are primarily subjective, from a group of sportswriters that have been doing it a long time, and have pretty good instincts. Many of them post on CoachT regularly.

Fan polls are usually more of a popularity contest.

I repeat, CoachT's ratings are good enough for me.

Guest catfish-hunter

I don't understand what you mean? I don't think anyone with any sense would argue that Huntington has played a tougher schedule than Alcoa this season. So what constitutes a quality opponent?!

Alcoa's opponents this season:

Hopkinsville (KY): overall record is 5-3

Maryville: overall record is 8-0 (this was Alcoa's loss which was by 20-points)*

CAK: overall record 5-3

Fulton: overall record 5-3

Loudon: overall record 7-1

McCallie: overall record 6-2

Rockwood: overall record 4-4

Sweetwater: overall record 4-4

Wartburg: overall record 0-8 (THIS IS WHY ALCOA IS BEHIND HUNTINGDON)

Huntingdon's opponents this season:

Camden: overall record 6-2

Westview: overall record 7-1 (this was Huntingdon's loss which was by just 3-pts.)

Liberty: overall record 5-3

McKenzie: overall record 5-3

Peabody: overall record 5-3

Milan: overall record 7-1

Gibson Co.: overall record 4-4

Dresden: overall record 2-6 (THERE RECORD IS BETTER THAN 0-8 WARTBURG'S)

Alcoa lost to 8-0 Maryville by 20

Huntingdon lost to 7-1 Westview by 3

Alcoa beat 7-1 Loudon by 28

Huntingdon beat 7-1 Milan by 3

Alcoa beat 6-2 McCallie by 10

Huntingdon beat 6-2 Camden by 19

NOTE: Alcoa will jump Huntingdon at the end of the season. WHY??? Alcoa's current combined record of their opponents is 44-28, while Huntingdon's is 41-23. HOWEVER, Alcoa finishes their schedule with 5-3 Oliver Springs and Huntingdon's remaining opponents combined record is just 4-12 (that is USJ & Humboldt who are both 2-6 overall).

Before I end this post I do know that you are gonna argue why am I comparing Westview to Maryville and Camden to McCallie. THAT IS A VERY GOOD QUESTION!!! The answer is that the COMPUTER has no clue as to whether 6-2 McCallie is any different than 6-2 Camden and 7-1 Westview is just one game different than 8-0 Maryville. All the computer knows is that Huntingdon beat their 6-2 opponent by a greater margain and that Huntingdon did not get pounded by 20-points to a team that it has no idea how good they truly are.

I hope that this information was helpful to your question ;)

Alcoa's opponents this season:

Hopkinsville (KY): overall record is 5-3

Maryville: overall record is 8-0 (this was Alcoa's loss which was by 20-points)*

CAK: overall record 5-3

Fulton: overall record 5-3

Loudon: overall record 7-1

McCallie: overall record 6-2

Rockwood: overall record 4-4

Sweetwater: overall record 4-4

Wartburg: overall record 0-8 (THIS IS WHY ALCOA IS BEHIND HUNTINGDON)

Huntingdon's opponents this season:

Camden: overall record 6-2

Westview: overall record 7-1 (this was Huntingdon's loss which was by just 3-pts.)

Liberty: overall record 5-3

McKenzie: overall record 5-3

Peabody: overall record 5-3

Milan: overall record 7-1

Gibson Co.: overall record 4-4

Dresden: overall record 2-6 (THERE RECORD IS BETTER THAN 0-8 WARTBURG'S)

Alcoa lost to 8-0 Maryville by 20

Huntingdon lost to 7-1 Westview by 3

Alcoa beat 7-1 Loudon by 28

Huntingdon beat 7-1 Milan by 3

Alcoa beat 6-2 McCallie by 10

Huntingdon beat 6-2 Camden by 19

NOTE: Alcoa will jump Huntingdon at the end of the season. WHY??? Alcoa's current combined record of their opponents is 44-28, while Huntingdon's is 41-23. HOWEVER, Alcoa finishes their schedule with 5-3 Oliver Springs and Huntingdon's remaining opponents combined record is just 4-12 (that is USJ & Humboldt who are both 2-6 overall).

Before I end this post I do know that you are gonna argue why am I comparing Westview to Maryville and Camden to McCallie. THAT IS A VERY GOOD QUESTION!!! The answer is that the COMPUTER has no clue as to whether 6-2 McCallie is any different than 6-2 Camden and 7-1 Westview is just one game different than 8-0 Maryville. All the computer knows is that Huntingdon beat their 6-2 opponent by a greater margain and that Huntingdon did not get pounded by 20-points to a team that it has no idea how good they truly are.

I hope that this information was helpful to your question ;)

Great analysis Catfish - H. B):lol:

Guest catfish-hunter

in my opinion u have to have alcoa at #1 until they lose to a 2A team because they have the 04 rings. Huntingdon, Westview, and Milan are all around the same quality of a team given huntingdon a little notch above them but not much. Camden also a strong team but not yet the program as the 4 above. thats all i have to say about that.

That's why I had Alcoa at #1 on my list. They are the champs and the only team to beat them this year well let's just say that they beat everyone. Huntingdon, Westview, and Milan are all three fairly equal football teams that can give that talented Alcoa bunch all they want and more in the 'Boro. Camden & Loudon come in next on my list. They are both quality football teams but in each case Camden will be overmatched in a semifinal showdown with one of the three west-TN teams I mentioned and Loudon will lose to Alcoa for the second time this year in the quarterfinals.

in my opinion u have to have alcoa at #1 until they lose to a 2A team because they have the 04 rings. Huntingdon, Westview, and Milan are all around the same quality of a team given huntingdon a little notch above them but not much. Camden also a strong team but not yet the program as the 4 above. thats all i have to say about that.

That's why I had Alcoa at #1 on my list. They are the champs and the only team to beat them this year well let's just say that they beat everyone. Huntingdon, Westview, and Milan are all three fairly equal football teams that can give that talented Alcoa bunch all they want and more in the 'Boro. Camden & Loudon come in next on my list. They are both quality football teams but in each case Camden will be overmatched in a semifinal showdown with one of the three west-TN teams I mentioned and Loudon will lose to Alcoa for the second time this year in the quarterfinals.

My Pick: It is gonna be Alcoa vs Huntingdon II and I'm taking the Mustangs to come out on top when all is said and done this time.

• 2 weeks later...